Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Feature

Give teleports back!!! or a server cvar that allows them Issue Tools
issueid=203 09-01-2009 09:37 PM
zE zE is offline
Pew pew ze beams
Give teleports back!!! or a server cvar that allows them

Give teleports back!!! if not by default, allow server owners to have a cvar to allow them.
Pub FF is all about laming around and having fun, and those here fun..
This gonna be rejected as always but meh.
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature
Project Fortress Forever
Category General Game
Status Rejected
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version 2.4
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 4
Votes against this feature 5
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

09-01-2009 10:32 PM
Title title title title
 
I think you should be able to allow teleporters, as a mod or something.
Reply
09-01-2009 10:43 PM
Banned
 
I said the same thing. Code them into the game, but don't allow them by default. Allow mappers to be able to allow the Engineer to spawn with them through LUA. Also bring back Medical Infections. These were what made pub TFC fun, I'm guessing, as tons of people on Talos server are disappointed when they realize the teleporters and spread are not valid parts of the game. As you said, this will get shot down, despite the fact it would benefit the game and increase the player base.
Reply
09-01-2009 10:44 PM
zE zE is offline
Pew pew ze beams
 
as a mode i don't really agree cuse that would be separating a small community, but a server cvar or something yes
Reply
09-01-2009 10:48 PM
 
I'd say no, with a well designed map there should be no problem. Scale also comes into it and i think some community and dev. maps are on the large size scale wise, this adds to the illusion that the game is at fault, It's not, its the map design that is critical.

edit. http://www.fortress-forever.com/faq/

see last FAQ
Reply
09-01-2009 11:06 PM
zE zE is offline
Pew pew ze beams
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget
I said the same thing. Code them into the game, but don't allow them by default. Allow mappers to be able to allow the Engineer to spawn with them through LUA. Also bring back Medical Infections. These were what made pub TFC fun, I'm guessing, as tons of people on Talos server are disappointed when they realize the teleporters and spread are not valid parts of the game. As you said, this will get shot down, despite the fact it would benefit the game and increase the player base.
+1
Reply
09-02-2009 12:57 AM
Heartless Threadkiller
 
For the record, I recently tried to get the infection spread overturned, but it was a no go. I even tried a limited spread idea, but even that wasn't acceptable.
Reply
09-02-2009 01:40 AM
Stuff Do-er
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget
These were what made pub TFC fun, I'm guessing, as tons of people on Talos server are disappointed when they realize the teleporters and spread are not valid parts of the game.
Fun for who? And at what cost?
Reply
09-02-2009 02:23 AM
zE zE is offline
Pew pew ze beams
 
Fun for who ? For TFC/TF2 Pub players that actually play FF in Pubs,and for those as bridget said that here disappointed. And at what cost? maybe a better acceptant from TFC /TF2 players that are like 90% of the current players community.

I bet u wanted a awnser like fun for the lamers, but laming is fun, at what cost , newbies cost, except that FF newbies are almost all TFC / TF2 and not beyng powned by a spread infection, its kinda easy just go away from infected players, seems logic.

But meh "Status Rejected" hope if 2.4 doesnt bring new plp in, u guys consider this for 2.5 at least lolz.

FF clanstyle its great i love it, but pubs are not that fun imo.
Reply
09-02-2009 02:56 PM
 
I'll repeat the same points that you failed to understand last night on irc
  • If people arent enjoying playing the game (working towards objectives), then we need to make playing the game more fun, not make laming around fun.
  • Laming is only fun for the person doing it, not fun for the guy getting owned.
  • Asking people that lame around whether laming around is fun isn't the best way to gain useful feedback. If you want to know whether laming is good for the community, try asking the players that quit.
  • We're making the game better every patch and the pub scene will eventually be saved. Bear with us, we know what we're doing.
Reply
09-02-2009 07:09 PM
 
Well laming is certainly a broad term, to me having my sg sabbed is pretty lame, "dude you just got haxored" Im sure was all well and funny at the time, but its lame, this may not be the right thread but I have an idea for the NG class,

The Rail Gun

Make the rail gun fire as fast as you can, leaving a slight dust or smoke when it hits walls or targets, to possibly "sweep" for cloaked spies because creating paronoia for the NG class is "lame". Nobody really thought about that when giving the spy the ability to pick upon the NG class. Nobody was really thinking period... Let me explain,

Roll back the years when you first started playing TFC I remember the day I dowloaded it Iwas looking at the classes thinking cool the solly looks awesome picked that first play for twenty minutes got owned because firing rockets to me was too slow...played HW for a little bit fun but again too slow, o look at this class I can build this mechanical gun? just keep it alive and it will own...? wow thats the class I want to play,as a newb thats what you want to play, didnt want to do anything that had to do with a "bunny" just wanted to build strategic sgs in different map to get mass kills, and I did that for 7 frikin years!
My point being people forget where they came from as far as new players are concerned as it stands now the NG gets owned and humiliated, the spy has to much in all aspects as far as knife damage, sab times, all all the little extras he seems to get every patch. The teleporter thing isnt going to work anyway,where it stands now as NG you cant leave your builds, to go build a decent exit some where.
So with all this Im trying to tell those who have forgotten when they were new to the game, the HW and the Ng are your classes for the new guys to feel like they are doing something, to get a decent score,the HW was a freakin joke just up to the last patch.
As it stands now the NG needs something to counter the attack it gets from the spy, possibly the railgun could be modified somewhat to help with this,its bad enough that Sg is so weak. This mod as it stands now is not for the newcomer, unless they are from the TFC days. Or if you like to play pyro...which is also "lame".
Reply
09-02-2009 07:45 PM
 
Quote:
I'll repeat the same points that you failed to understand last night on irc

* If people arent enjoying playing the game (working towards objectives), then we need to make playing the game more fun, not make laming around fun.
* Laming is only fun for the person doing it, not fun for the guy getting owned.
* Asking people that lame around whether laming around is fun isn't the best way to gain useful feedback. If you want to know whether laming is good for the community, try asking the players that quit.
* We're making the game better every patch and the pub scene will eventually be saved. Bear with us, we know what we're doing.
AMEN.
Lets be pragmatical. Don't talk about a complete turnaround just before a new patch is released; give that patch a chance first shall we?
know I love you zE ;)
Reply
09-02-2009 08:56 PM
zE zE is offline
Pew pew ze beams
 
love u too, but non of u guys that opposes to it, plays in public's :P
Reply
09-02-2009 09:09 PM
Stuff Do-er
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzui
Well laming is certainly a broad term, to me having my sg sabbed is pretty lame, "dude you just got haxored" Im sure was all well and funny at the time, but its lame
Yes, there are mechanics in the game that are not ideal for the same reasons infections aren't. We are examining those as well (but haven't taken action just yet).
Reply
Reply

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.