Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Bug

Crash on projectile weapon fire Issue Tools
issueid=404 10-06-2012 03:51 PM
WhenGasGrenWillBack?
Crash on projectile weapon fire
Game crashes when I fire a projectile weapon...

OK, so I had brought this up some time ago thinking it was a server issue on the Talos server. But it has been happening more and more lately. I can run, shoot non-projectile weapons, jump, and play the game when. But every so often when I join a server (any server at all) I can play fine until I fire a projectile weapon. Usually I play spy or scout at the start of the game, so when I fire the tranq or nailgun, it is an instant crash. The sound gets stuck on a couple seconds loop, and video freezes. I have to alt-tab out of the game which takes forever, and there is an error (cant remember what it says) and I have to end-task in the task manager.

As far as I know, I am the only person with this problem and it confuses the hell out of me. I have already done a reinstall also.

It isn't a major thing to me, it's just annoying when I have to restart FF and hope that it doesnt happen again.
Issue Details
Project Fortress Forever
Category General Game
Status Unconfirmed
Priority Unknown
Affected Version 2.41
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-07-2012 02:44 AM

It happens if you join a server after it has crashed. It happened at talos because it crashed after every map change for a period. 50 ghetto server mods don't really play nice with a 6 year old abandoned engine.
10-10-2012 12:23 AM

Do you ever alt-tab out of the game? I find that it nearly ALWAYS crashes if I launch FF, alt-tab out, and then alt tab back in later and join a server for the first time and fire a weapon.
10-14-2012 03:58 AM
sKeeD

Never encountered this issue so i might recommend reinstalling, as much as a pain in the ass it can be.
Just make sure to backup your cfg folder and anything else you have personalized.

Might be better as a last resort though, any chance you can get a screen of the error that occurs?

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue