Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Feature

When you lose % of health or low on armor, automatically call for medic/engineer Issue Tools
issueid=420 02-10-2013 01:17 PM
Nade Whore
When you lose % of health or low on armor, automatically call for medic/engineer
Also auto call for medic when infected (WHAT KIND OF MEDICINE WAS THAT!?)

So yeah, self explanatory. It should be an automatic call for medics/engis, like when you are at 20% health or armor. If not this, then it is definitely preferred/needed when you are infected just because the sounds are so fucking cool.
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature
Project Fortress Forever
Category Sound
Status Suggested
Priority 1 - Highest
Suggested Version Undefined
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 3
Votes against this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

02-10-2013 08:07 PM

Just spam it yourself. Although it would be cool if the infected call outs worked and weren't always cut off by your grunting dmg sound.
02-10-2013 09:21 PM
Nade Whore

Yeah that'd be cool too. But I think it'd add a small amount of personality to a game where grunting is the only noise you make. I mean it'd be nowhere near as good as how TF2 implemented character voices, but it'd be an improvement.
02-10-2013 10:15 PM

I'd prefer to not have it automatically do this. TF2 is messy and loud because of things like this, I don't want FF to be like that.
02-10-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KubeDawg
Yeah that'd be cool too. But I think it'd add a small amount of personality to a game where grunting is the only noise you make. I mean it'd be nowhere near as good as how TF2 implemented character voices, but it'd be an improvement.
My favorite part about tf2s voice overs are the ones you can spam yourself through the keybinds.
02-11-2013 03:06 AM
Nade Whore

Ray then it should be an option you can turn on/off in Fortress Options. :D
03-17-2013 02:17 AM

I think it's a cool idea! I don't think it should be as over the top as tf2, but the classes should have different voices at the very least so that it does give them a little bit of character.
I can't believe I'm saying this but I really like how tf2 muffled the pyro's voice, it definitely gives the illusion of individuality.
03-19-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [TALOS]Smoke
I think it's a cool idea! I don't think it should be as over the top as tf2, but the classes should have different voices at the very least so that it does give them a little bit of character.
I can't believe I'm saying this but I really like how tf2 muffled the pyro's voice, it definitely gives the illusion of individuality.
unlike popular belief tf2 didn't do everything wrong.
03-20-2013 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiFiDi
unlike popular belief tf2 didn't do everything wrong.
I know, and I don't think they did very much wrong actually. And I don't expect FF to have to compete with TF2 for players or a bigger playerbase, but I would like to see FF keep evolving as TF2 has, which in turn might get more people interested.
There has got to be plenty of us who would be willing to chip in when we can to make the game more appealing.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue