Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Feature

Make the Sniper Rifle and Autorifle eject shells Issue Tools
issueid=117 02-09-2009 10:45 PM
The last true Emperor
Make the Sniper Rifle and Autorifle eject shells

This is a really minor nitpick, but I think its weird that the Sniper Rifle and Autorifle don't eject shells. Would it be possible for them to eject spent shells?
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature
Project Fortress Forever
Category Visuals
Status In Progress
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version Undefined
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 3
Votes against this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

02-10-2009 12:30 AM
Ray Ray Johnson

Both of these weapons as well as the tommygun are getting huge overhauls after 2.3 is released. Anything to make them feel like guns found in a recent game as opposed to a game from 15 years ago. What I mean is, load up a game like CoD4 and shoot its weapons...they feel so nice to shoot. So we just gotta make our weapons feel as good and polished as current and future games.
02-10-2009 12:44 AM
Time Lord, Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trepid_jon
Both of these weapons as well as the tommygun are getting huge overhauls after 2.3 is released. Anything to make them feel like guns found in a recent game as opposed to a game from 15 years ago. What I mean is, load up a game like CoD4 and shoot its weapons...they feel so nice to shoot. So we just gotta make our weapons feel as good and polished as current and future games.
As long as this doesn't include gimping the player's view with "true" scopes, I'm all for it.
02-10-2009 08:53 AM

Any gun that can or should eject shells probably will in the next client patch. It is harder than it looks because the gun's that don't have it were never compiled with the correct joint to put an ejection location. It's the same case with guns with missing muzzle flashes(tommy gun). It may end up being impossible without doing every animation from scratch, but who knows.
02-10-2009 10:59 AM
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB

The shells should come out of the barrel and go flying at your target for bonus damage.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue