Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Defrags Dev Journal (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=9267)

-=bingo-bango=- 05-21-2007 03:24 AM

Defrags Dev Journal

Rofl, nice dev journal Defrag :lol: Not even one media leak?...u know u wanna edit it with one ;)

Link

Quote:

Originally Posted by Defrag
As for the media stuff -- I spent five hours on sd2 yesterday and I'll be spending another x hours on it today. Those lighting bugs are really annoying because it takes ages to recompile the map, but I'm making progress. I also sorted out some of the problems with the sounds so now there's a nice generator sound, a creaky plank and a plank death scream.

gizmofo 05-21-2007 03:58 AM

I can only describe the TEAM thing as ".. wtf?".

richard nixon 05-21-2007 04:17 AM

I'm kinda bummed out it was so short and devoid of any real information but who am I to complain.

and I thought the video was hilarious, even though I have no idea what it means..it was still pretty funny.

-=bingo-bango=- 05-21-2007 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard nixon
and I thought the video was hilarious, even though I have no idea what it means..it was still pretty funny.

same

Defrag 05-21-2007 10:53 AM

You've got our respect. Gaming respect. But what aboot the respect between two teams in a pub car park rippin' each other's troosers aff?

TEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM

As for the media stuff -- I spent five hours on sd2 yesterday and I'll be spending another x hours on it today. Those lighting bugs are really annoying because it takes ages to recompile the map, but I'm making progress. I also sorted out some of the problems with the sounds so now there's a nice generator sound, a creaky plank and a plank death scream.

Jifcuits 05-21-2007 01:49 PM

weegies.....

Lost 05-21-2007 03:04 PM

Instead of nothing! Yay!

Can't wait to see what the scot did to the rest of the map.

I still want a tunnel access ladder from the bunker... that would kick ass.

Stephen 05-21-2007 05:18 PM

Woot! So, any more devs all ready to roll with lots of free summer time?

/ff inches closer

VICE 05-21-2007 06:22 PM

hooray for update!

-=bingo-bango=- 05-21-2007 06:42 PM

Quote:

You've got our respect. Gaming respect. But what aboot the respect between two teams in a pub car park rippin' each other's troosers aff?

TEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM

thnx for the update Defrag, goof to hear u guys are hard at work :lol:

Coronius 05-21-2007 10:35 PM

Can someone translate what the hell theyre saying in that thing?

Mulchman MM 05-22-2007 02:07 AM

The T.E.A.M. vid. I heard like 5 words maybe? Is that some racing game Codemasters made? WTF is going on.

iMpi 05-22-2007 02:17 AM

Code Masters made the Collin Mcrae(sp?) series of rally games what are pretty fun if you are a rally fan. So they could have been talking about that? I dunno I'm way to American to understand that gibberish.

richard nixon 05-22-2007 06:05 AM

I heard what they said but even then it made no sense.

I know they wanted to challenge codemasters to a game and I believe questioned their audacity to make a new game?

i think the main point was that they could beat codemasters at their own game, literally

if it wasnt so long and if i didnt have better things to do i would translate it.

Afty 05-22-2007 08:07 AM

Quote:

and a plank death scream.

I love you Defrag.

DocWolfe 05-22-2007 09:08 AM

I wonder if its possible to multi-thread the compile process if its not already?

I can remember reading an article, about valve how they use quad-core machines around their development studio and any computers/cores that are idle are used to help compile stuff. Sped up compile times considerably according to the article.

Jiggles 05-22-2007 03:41 PM

Have Valve send us one or two of those quad-core systems. Should speed up the release of FF :)

-=bingo-bango=- 05-22-2007 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jiggles
Have Valve send us one or two of those quad-core systems. Should speed up the release of FF :)