Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Site Problems Resolved... Sort Of - Sorry For The Inconvenience (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=8463)

schtoofa 03-06-2007 02:25 AM

Site Problems Resolved... Sort Of - Sorry For The Inconvenience

First off, I want to apologize to all you folks who frequently visit the Fortress Forever site. You're the FF blood and guts right now, and you mean a lot to FF's future success. Unfortunately as some of you had noticed, the main site and forums had been down for the last week or so (end of Feb - early Mar).

Some might appreciate an explanation, so here goes: our host machine experienced a data corruption problem that initially destroyed most of the site and the behind-the-scenes database. Thankfully, almost all of the site content and database have been recovered; however, the key words here are "almost all."

So how might you have been affected? Well, we're sad to inform you that our entire forum user profile collection (5,000+ records) has been lost. Although we seem to have recovered all of the threads and posts (and who posted the posts), we've lost all e-mail addresses and profiles that correspond to the user names. In order to let users grab their old names again, we've changed all the "recovered" user names to begin with the prefix "o_" (for old user name). That way you can see who made the post, but you won't be prevented from registering under your original forum name. The hidden and sad bottom line here is that yes, you'll have to re-register on the FF forums.

We are pretty disappointed by this whole bit and we're sorry for the inconvenience it's caused some of you. It's hit us hard, too, and we've taken steps to make sure that this doesn't happen again (moving host machines, better and more redundant back-up system, etc.).

Thanks for your patience, and we hope you'll enjoy fragging away on FF soon! The host migration process might have still a few more bumps on the way, so please bear with us as we finish crossing our Is and dotting our Ts. Some folks have put in a lot of hard work to make this transition as smooth as possible, so a huge thanks goes out to them.

Darkness24713 03-06-2007 02:40 AM

Dang this blows. All 5,000 members are gone. Well here goes post #1.

FrenchToast 03-06-2007 02:51 AM

...Back on the track to 6k...

Dospac 03-06-2007 03:09 AM

MY POST COUNT NOoooooooooooooooo .. hah?

Yeah sorry it took so long. Glad to have you all back. :0

MrSparkle 03-06-2007 03:16 AM

now get back to work, dammit :)

GambiT 03-06-2007 03:17 AM

woot!!!....good to be back....glad y'all got things resolved....no biggy stuff happens....

at least i dont have one of the lowest post counts!

Pixel 03-06-2007 03:31 AM

;[

Jinx 03-06-2007 03:40 AM

No offense, but I'm getting so tired of waiting for a beta that I almost didn't re-register... :confused:

and will an admin fix the case of the I in my name please?

puppychow 03-06-2007 03:50 AM

oh snap! :p

schtoofa 03-06-2007 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JInx
No offense, but I'm getting so tired of waiting for a beta that I almost didn't re-register... :confused:

and will an admin fix the case of the I in my name please?

sorry :(

and sure!

trepid_jon 03-06-2007 03:54 AM

This would have been a much better April Fools gag than the silly goose of a release we have planned.

Wait, what happened? I'm over here now.

Skanky Butterpuss 03-06-2007 03:55 AM

oh snap everyone is at 0 postcount again... its like were picking up from where fight club left off!

Lost 03-06-2007 03:57 AM

Don't worry Jinx, we're still playing.

And we've been working it too, even though the forums have been down. Found an awesome bug that kills the effectiveness of Jiggles awesome hint system. :(

VulturEMaN 03-06-2007 04:07 AM

Does this mean I no longer have a member number of super super lowdom?

EDIT: lmao....I figured that I could count the # of members in the memberlist to get my number instead...and it's actually lower! :D

120 vs 36 :)

I still wish you guys woulda done SMF instead....

Lost 03-06-2007 04:08 AM

Bah, member number never mattered. Flaming some random person was how you get notoriety around here!

VulturEMaN 03-06-2007 04:13 AM

fk u lost ur a homo i hope you catch on fire while playing TF2 YOU BOOGER LICKER!!!!

lmao like that?? :P

I'm also the first of the Yellow Llamas back too :)

puppychow 03-06-2007 04:13 AM

im just happy im no longer yellow

edit, wonder if people are gonna register under long standing forum members names just to be a dick? well, probably now that i went ahead and mentioned it.

shadow 03-06-2007 04:20 AM

i dropped the extra digits... sup guys.

Jinx 03-06-2007 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost
Don't worry Jinx, we're still playing.

And we've been working it too, even though the forums have been down. Found an awesome bug that kills the effectiveness of Jiggles awesome hint system. :(

Then take that feature out, save it for the next beta, and release it already! http://cryotank.net/forum/images/smiles/jxbanghead.gif FFS doesn't anyone believe in betas any more?! If I was obsessed with playing a flawless finished game I'd buy a retail one. (Just... not from EA...)

Bah. I'm sorry for bitching, I'm just frustrated, thats all :/

im just happy im no longer yellow <--- don't blame you there puppychow D:

Thanks for the name fix, schtoofa!!

Fjorn 03-06-2007 04:32 AM

Ahh, its good to be back