Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   "FF is never coming out noob" (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=7223)

o_ihmhi 11-25-2006 11:00 PM

"FF is never coming out noob"

It is in quotes, mind you, because it is not something I believe but rather a direct quote (and quite the attention getter) from someone I was discussing FF with on a pub.

I have also enjoyed hearing someone try to explain to me how a game like FF in continual development (with updates to prove it) is "vaporware" and is "never coming out".

I believe that the devs will work their asses off to meet their informal deadline. For your reference, here is a humorous animated GIF depicting an artistic rendition of the devs working on FF:

http://www.gazooscloset.com/images/startrek-BSoD.gif

So, anyway, back on track. What are you planning to say to the naysayers when FF will out? How, exactly, will you party? Nay, <i>partay</i>?

How will you childishly throw the fact that FF came out before TF2 into the Valve Fanboys' faces?

Please, discuss.

o_ekim 11-25-2006 11:37 PM

I'll be too busy playing!

o_deadly furby 11-25-2006 11:38 PM

I didn't know Data was on the dev team!

o_tyrus 11-25-2006 11:52 PM

I've seen that gif before, and I love it! Genius!

o_dancingfool 11-26-2006 12:53 AM

I'm gonna make a web cam video of me just throwing my dick up against the screen and rubbing my balls against it saying "Nanny nanny boo boo, FF came out before TF2" and distribute the link all over the web.

o_dr zoidberg 11-26-2006 01:00 AM

HAHAHAHAHA THATS INGENIOUS

o_leandros 11-26-2006 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadly Furby
I didn't know Data was on the dev team!

FF should be done by now if he was.

mervaka 11-26-2006 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ekiM
I'll be too busy playing!

ahahahahaha

o_paddn ur stats 11-26-2006 07:20 AM

Is buildoor still with the team ? Ive senta few emails but havent heard 1 way or another.

PHISH 11-26-2006 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paddn ur stats
Is buildoor still with the team ? Ive senta few emails but havent heard 1 way or another.

he's disappeared somewhere, no idea, haven't seen him for 4 months or so

o_turbowolf 11-26-2006 10:29 AM

The question is:

What would you do if once released, by some unknown reason FF doesn't run in your pc? D:

o_nezumi 11-26-2006 02:15 PM

Then I'd use my computer to smash the storefront of the nearest computer shop and get me some upgrades.

o_stephen 11-26-2006 02:49 PM

Best animated gif EVER.

schtoofa 11-26-2006 03:21 PM

bwahah awesome GIF.

Data's positronic membrane works wonders, tho.

o_ihmhi 11-26-2006 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schtoofa
bwahah awesome GIF.

Not that I could give you guys advice now, but I wanted to bring this up.

I am in the process of designing an independent game myself and I will need a dev team (a much smaller one than FF, though, probably). I will get the phone numbers of my dev team because we will be a close, small group of people workin' on this project. I know a lot of friend who tend to dodge their e-mail for a few months, sometimes even their computer! No one dodges their phone.

A clan in a game I play, Kingdom of Loathing, had a "two hour driving distance" rule. You could only join the clan if you were within two hours driving distance of the leader. If you screwed them over, he would go to your home and beat the bejeezus out of you. I think my chainsaw and Google Map Skillz would keep my dev team in line lol...

All jokes aside it is kinda sad when you guys do lose great people... there are so many great mappers and coders around the world.

Direhit 11-26-2006 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schtoofa
bwahah awesome GIF.

God you're such a nerd.

o_psycnet 11-26-2006 04:36 PM

Original series and TNG are what makes Star Trek good. All the other junk was just fluff.

o_darknight 11-26-2006 04:38 PM

Welcome to the internets! :)

o_drs 11-26-2006 04:46 PM

Did the devs uses UML or others bullshit ? It may help (I don't know how, someone says me) in big projects like that.

Circuitous 11-26-2006 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsYcNeT
Original series and TNG are what makes Star Trek good. All the other junk was just fluff.

No, see, fluff is good. The other junk was "crap."