Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Chat (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   why are americans so fucked up? (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=7193)

o_tu! 11-23-2006 03:04 AM

why are americans so fucked up?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9A_vxIOB-I

fucken disguisting.

Circuitous 11-23-2006 03:12 AM

I think a better question is "Why do you nimrods think we're all like these videos?" I'm not gonna justify the actions of a couple dickheads, who I wouldn't mind delivering a good-sized beating to - I don't even think I could. I'd just appreciate it if you took your head out of your a--shit I forgot who posted this, nevermind.

o_a boojum snark 11-23-2006 03:13 AM

Quote:

why are people who act like asses so fucked up?
fixed.

Circuitous 11-23-2006 03:17 AM

'Cuz they're American, duh.

o_tu! 11-23-2006 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Circuitous
I think a better question is "Why do you nimrods think we're all like these videos?" I'm not gonna justify the actions of a couple dickheads, who I wouldn't mind delivering a good-sized beating to - I don't even think I could. I'd just appreciate it if you took your head out of your a--shit I forgot who posted this, nevermind.

whoa...are you seriously trying to use they "a couple bad apples in every group" arguement? plz tell me you are joking...

o_psycnet 11-23-2006 03:21 AM

Why are Europeans such Euro-trash?

o_shadow34721 11-23-2006 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tu!
whoa...are you seriously trying to use they "a couple bad apples in every group" arguement? plz tell me you are joking...

whats wrong with that argument?

o_tu! 11-23-2006 03:24 AM

are you guys are seriously crying about me labelling all americans dipshits cause of the actions of a couple dipshits?

i guess its cool to label all of iraqi terrorists and invade em because of a couple terrorists that take down a plane.

Circuitous 11-23-2006 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tu!

I realize it's difficult for you to comprehend - as is pretty much everything I say - but yes, that's the basic premise. Not all Americans (and virtually none I actually know) would lead kids along for several blocks with a bottle of water just to be a complete dickhead. Shocking!

Hey while we're at it, why does every British dude and dudette have awful teeth? Why are Germans such Nazis? Why are Dutch folks stoned ALL THE DAMN TIME? Why are people from tu's country of origin retarded?

o_psycnet 11-23-2006 03:31 AM

Tu would be completely shocked to learn that war has happened before this, and is even currently happening in way more countries than Iraq...AS WE SPEAK!!!

But I'm sure he'd never complain about genocide in Darfur, probably because his TV or MAD Magazine never talks/satirizes it

o_tu! 11-23-2006 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsYcNeT
Tu would be completely shocked to learn that war has happened before this, and is even currently happening in way more countries than Iraq...AS WE SPEAK!!!

But I'm sure he'd never complain about genocide in Darfur, probably because his TV or MAD Magazine never talks/satirizes it

no i am aware of that shit. very saddening but i find it funny that this american gets so pissy about me generalizing americans...stupid hypocritres (sp? - no idea how to spell it lol.)
also funny how they use that arguement when it's advantageous for thme.

o_|404|innoc-tpf- 11-23-2006 03:39 AM

Irony anyone?

o_psycnet 11-23-2006 03:42 AM

I don't understand though how you can think using the 'We're not all bloodthirsty rednecks with a chip on our shoulders' argument is 'convenient' or 'advantageous' for them, because it's basically true.

When you live in an elective oligarchy like most western countries, you really don't have much say in how the government is run. Politicians are usually voted in based on social and monetary policies, rather than defense or military politics (unless you are under seige). Most Americans voted (obviously poorly) and polls show that they regret their choices. There was no Bush campaign promise that they would stomp the middle east into dust.

Basically, it's fairly inane to assume that the whole country is retarded or uncaring about the world when only ~400 people dictate how it's run and where it's resources are spent

Circuitous 11-23-2006 03:45 AM

Psyc did you watch the video?

o_|404|innoc-tpf- 11-23-2006 03:48 AM

~400? Are you referring to Congress and the House plus the President? (536) or the special interests to which they're beholden?

o_abjure 11-23-2006 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tu!
are you guys are seriously crying about me labelling all americans dipshits cause of the actions of a couple dipshits?

i guess its cool to label all of iraqi terrorists and invade em because of a couple terrorists that take down a plane.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tu!
no i am aware of that shit. very saddening but i find it funny that this american gets so pissy about me generalizing americans...stupid hypocritres (sp? - no idea how to spell it lol.)
also funny how they use that arguement when it's advantageous for thme.

You have the reasoning of a 5 year old. Good day sir.

o_stricknine 11-23-2006 03:49 AM

It is not nationality that defines someone. Personality/conscience defines a person.

o_psycnet 11-23-2006 03:50 AM

Yes, it's a bunch of Iraqi kids running after a (figurative) rabbit like dogs on a track. But that could just as easily have been a British, Canadian, French etc. etc. etc. soldier.

Western countries spawn just as many idiots as every other one. Our governments are just more shady and less blatant about how we kill foreigners, unlike say, Mugabe in Zimbabwe

Circuitous 11-23-2006 03:56 AM

I was just checking, since you were focused more on the war than the dickheads featured.

Oh and what's with this "Rock for Darfur" thing, do we really hope to save them by rocking out hardcore?

o_psycnet 11-23-2006 04:00 AM

Hell if I know.

But what I do know is, if there's a crisis, somewhere, out there, someone will make a 'charity' concert/comedy show to 'benefit' from...errrr...for it.