Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Has The Original TFC Been Cancelled?? (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=5626)

o_hebburncurly 07-21-2006 11:14 AM

Has The Original TFC Been Cancelled??

Hello all,

Has the original TFC gone off? Since i've installed HL2, i can no longer play TFC as the shortcuts have all been changed.

Is it still going, if so how do I play??

Help, I've got withdrawl symptoms, I haven't played TFC in over a year!!!

o_frenchtoast 07-21-2006 11:14 AM

...register your TFC CD Key in the Add Game thing in Steam, and then double click on it.

o_hebburncurly 07-21-2006 11:16 AM

Hmmm, haven't got a TFC CD key as it came with halflife, does that mean I have to buy TFC as a seperate game?

Cheers

o_alligator 07-21-2006 11:17 AM

If you don't have a CD key, buy TFC for a low cost of $10.00 using STEAM.

o_hebburncurly 07-21-2006 11:18 AM

I thought TFC always came as a free add on with HL, OP Force, Blue Shift etc, do they now charge for it?

o_hebburncurly 07-21-2006 11:19 AM

Thanks for your help anyway lads, much appreciated.

Cheers

o_ivaqual 07-21-2006 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hebburncurly
Hmmm, haven't got a TFC CD key as it came with halflife, does that mean I have to buy TFC as a seperate game?

Cheers

insert your hl cd key

o_alligator 07-21-2006 11:21 AM

Yes they do charge for it now. Now, if you have a HL Platinum CD key....you can get TFC and all the other crap. If not, $10.00 - pretty cheap if you ask me.

o_hebburncurly 07-21-2006 11:24 AM

Will the original HL cd key work then?

o_hebburncurly 07-21-2006 11:25 AM

I've no problem coughing up about £6 for the privelige, apart from the fact the missus is close to kicking me out over Call Of Duty 2, so bringing TFC back into my life may mean that the weddings off!!

o_ghost 07-21-2006 11:28 AM

Yes it will. In the my games section someplace there is a button to put in a cd key that you have for a game you already own. Once you submit the cd key against your steam account it becomes locked to that account and you will probably never need to use it again. Just don't lose your steam account info.

People get confused that it costs money since you can now just buy TFC through steam. This is if you don't already own HL and would like to just play TFC. Also, I don't think buying just half-life through steam allows you to play TFC.

o_hebburncurly 07-21-2006 11:30 AM

Fantastic, I'm going to finish work early today and spend about 3 hours with 4 cans getting to know TFC all over again!

Does this mean i'm a noob again or what?

o_ivaqual 07-21-2006 11:31 AM

if you buy HL1 you also have op force, blue shift, tfc, cs and dod in the package. just enter your cd key and see by yourself

o_ghost 07-21-2006 11:37 AM

One note of warning though is that if this is a HL cd key that has never been used on steam there is a chance that the key has been used by now due to key gens and idiots of that nature. If that's the case it costs $10 to reset the key and you are probably better off just buying TFC if that's all you want to play.

o_rannibunny 07-21-2006 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hebburncurly
Fantastic, I'm going to finish work early today and spend about 3 hours with 4 cans getting to know TFC all over again!

Does this mean i'm a noob again or what?

Not if you empty your cans fast enough.
Btw. why not introduce your missus to TFC ^_^

o_digital_ghost 07-21-2006 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rannibunny
Not if you empty your cans fast enough.
Btw. why not introduce your missus to TFC ^_^

LOL, thats what i did. Now she loves the game and is waiting for FF to come out as well. :D

o_hebburncurly 07-21-2006 12:07 PM

Nah that's my bit of space, she hates it and everything in it, even when i use it for her benefit. She thinks games are for kids, and then goes to watch all the soaps and big brother etc on telly.

I'm off to Morrisons for a 24 pack, to get ready for my first 2-fort experience in some time.

Get in!!!!

mervaka 07-21-2006 12:17 PM

haha

by the sounds of it, i think she'd murder you if you started playing WoW

o_vorm 07-21-2006 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhOsT
One note of warning though is that if this is a HL cd key that has never been used on steam there is a chance that the key has been used by now due to key gens and idiots of that nature. If that's the case it costs $10 to reset the key and you are probably better off just buying TFC if that's all you want to play.

Yup, that exactly what happened to my old man. I bought him the original HL/Blue Shift collection for his last birthday but when I went to register the key in Steam it said that the key was already in use.

Lost 07-21-2006 03:02 PM

I was afraid of that for the longest time, then realized that I registered with Steam as soon as it became available, I just played TFC through WON until it was shut down.