Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Chat (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   So I'm getting my drivers licence soon... (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=16582)

פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ 07-17-2008 10:48 PM

So I'm getting my drivers licence soon...

And if all goes well, below pic should be my car:

http://www.dopclan.com/Screenshots/DesignKever.png

Design by ME :D

Hawk Eye 07-17-2008 11:03 PM

...how did you design this?

It looks very well done.

Circuitous 07-17-2008 11:24 PM

Looks like a classic beetle merged with a surf van... sharper windshield angle and longer hood. Pretty cool, actually. Is that an actual model that I just don't recognize?

DarkeN_HellspawN 07-18-2008 12:15 AM

I like it..........

It is different and you wont have to worry about crazed delusional arabs chasing you down for a small offering to Allah. I would say that ride would look sweet with some metallic blue paint and some YELLOW flames on the side........screw the blue. Yellow car with a different shade of YELLOW flames. fukin sweet er me tu a Brute. i dont live the american dream I perfected it to match my persona.

dh

פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ 07-18-2008 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Circuitous
Looks like a classic beetle merged with a surf van... sharper windshield angle and longer hood. Pretty cool, actually. Is that an actual model that I just don't recognize?

That's because this is a 1303, the 1302 and 1300's had a shorter hood and flat windscreen.

I made this in Flash/Photoshop.

The only big changes are the rear lights, no bumpers, and paintjob.

I'm also not sure how the heck I'm gonna be able to find a rack that fits a 1303...

[Edit] Also, the wheels should be white, dunno why the hell he made 'em green-ish

zSilver_Fox 07-18-2008 03:40 PM

What are the requirements for a driver's license in Belgium?

פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ 07-18-2008 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zSilver_Fox
What are the requirements for a driver's license in Belgium?

18 years of age, take a theoretic test of 50 Q's and get at least 42 Q's right, take driving lessons for at least 20 hours and pass the parctical test.

That's it.

zSilver_Fox 07-18-2008 08:06 PM

Fuck, we need that in America. We just do a month of driver's ed with about 10 hours in the car, then take a 25 question test, able to miss seven total. At least in Iowa.

squeek. 07-18-2008 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zSilver_Fox
Fuck, we need that in America. We just do a month of driver's ed with about 10 hours in the car, then take a 25 question test, able to miss seven total. At least in Iowa.

California is waaaaay different. First, you have to take a driver's ed class, then pass a permit test to get your "learner's permit" (which you have to have for at least 6 months, but you can get when you are 15 1/2), then you have to take driving lessons and get 50 hours of driving experience (10 at night) with someone over 25 (but this is really up to the parents). After all that, you take the behind-the-wheel license test. Then, finally, you get your license with restrictions that last for a year (no passengers under 20, can only drive between 5am-11pm). Yeah, it's a bit wild. It's also much different if you choose to get your license at 18.

Skanky Butterpuss 07-18-2008 08:26 PM

thats how it is in Michigan too, squeek.

Hawk Eye 07-18-2008 10:37 PM

I chose to get it at 18... my appointment for the behind the wheel test is on the 25th.

In California, if you try to get it at 18, you simply waltz into the DMV and take the Driver's Permit test, where you are able to miss 8 total questions. Technically, you can take the behind the wheel test immediately afterward should you wish.. though that probably isn't too wise[unless you've been illegally practicing]. No driver's Ed.

battery 07-19-2008 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squeek.
California is waaaaay different. First, you have to take a driver's ed class, then pass a permit test to get your "learner's permit" (which you have to have for at least 6 months, but you can get when you are 15 1/2), then you have to take driving lessons and get 50 hours of driving experience (10 at night) with someone over 25 (but this is really up to the parents). After all that, you take the behind-the-wheel license test. Then, finally, you get your license with restrictions that last for a year (no passengers under 20, can only drive between 5am-11pm). Yeah, it's a bit wild. It's also much different if you choose to get your license at 18.

I think this policy is misguided. There are plenty of people over age of 25 who has caused accidents numerous times within past 2 years. Driving is not something that necessary gets better with more experience.

There should be a requirement to get a certain number of hours of training with a state certified driving instructor.

In addition, drivers should not be allowed to drive on freeway without rigorous testing. Accidents on freeways much more deadly.
________
SHIP SALE

squeek. 07-19-2008 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by battery
There should be a requirement to get a certain number of hours of training with a state certified driving instructor.

In addition, drivers should not be allowed to drive on freeway without rigorous testing. Accidents on freeways much more deadly.

There is... and at least 1-2 of those hours is on the freeway. (forget how many lessons; 10 hours total I think)

Hawk Eye 07-19-2008 07:21 AM

Yeah, I think its at least 10 hours.

Isn't there a night-time driving requirement as well?

פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ 07-19-2008 08:11 AM

Well I CAN drive while taking drivers ed, but that's indeed with restrictions.

Can't drive between 10 pm and 9 am, have to take a passenger that is at least 25 yo and has had his licence for more than 5 years and you have to stick that horrible "L" on your back window.

So fuck that, I want my permanent licence.

I'm closing the deal on the bug, might get it, might not, I keep my hopes up.

Too bad it's freakn' 300 bucks to respray ONLY THE HOOD, so I just don't dare to ask how much the whole car wil cost, and 2 colors isn't cheap either... :confused:

Ihmhi 07-19-2008 01:44 PM

Driver's ed in New Jersey sucks.

You have to have your learners permit for 6 months. It really doesn't matter how much you drive, you have to have it for 6 months. This is your "practice time" blah blah blah. You're, of course, heavily restricted during this time.

If you pass the ridiculously easy driving test, then you get a provisional license until you are 21 (or it might be for a year, I forget which). You start with 4 points on your license and have less overall before a suspension, I believe. (In the states, infractions have points added to your license and when you hit a certain number your license is suspended.) Your license also looks different.

Then you get your real adult license and have the privilege of being raped by the worst insurance rates in the entire country.

As for the design, I recognized it was vector graphics done in Flash in like 0.5 seconds, only because I screwed around with Flash all the time when I was a young'un. The design looks really sweet. Are you going to use vinyl decals for the water on the sides, or stenciled paint?

פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ 07-19-2008 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihmhi
As for the design, I recognized it was vector graphics done in Flash in like 0.5 seconds, only because I screwed around with Flash all the time when I was a young'un. The design looks really sweet. Are you going to use vinyl decals for the water on the sides, or stenciled paint?

Paint, vinyls look too rice and peel off after a certain amount of time, plus it's less expensive.

[edit]Changed the weels to "custom stock", it looks nicer and is less expensive (see first pic)

DarkeN_HellspawN 07-20-2008 12:47 AM

Driving is your f$cking right and not a privilege.

I personally failed the backing up portion of my test but they still gave me my license since my driver instructor was a student teacher and I hooked him up with some of the high school whores I knew. You pass the test in drivers ed and the drivers exam you just show up at the DMV with the proof and you get it. Driving is great but only if you do it drunk with your eyes closed. It is dangerous so stay the fuck out of nursing home parking lots when you do it.

dh

פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ 07-20-2008 07:23 PM

Quick photoshop, looks like this is gonna be one sweet lookin' bug...

http://www.dopclan.com/Mybug.png

mervaka 07-20-2008 08:49 PM

dont make the mistakes i made. keep that as your project car. while you're doing that up, drive around an old shitter while you're gaining more experience and confidence on the road. just because you passed your test, doesnt make you as good as any other driver out there. i drove my project car straight after passing, and wrapped it around a house a few months later..