Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Suggestion for the next FF update/ Ideas for FF (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=23498)

Gamingmaster000 09-15-2012 11:06 AM

Suggestion for the next FF update/ Ideas for FF

Alright then, for the next FF update here are some suggestion.
1. More gibs
I've played FF before and I found that the only gibs in the game are sniper rifle kills and detpack explosion. Player will fly like helicopter when killed by rocket or grenades. this is highly humorous and unrealistic. Gibs should be added for grenades and rocket kills. Maybe on direct hit kill then gibs will be spawned. For players who are killed in the explosive radius of grenades and rockets,then they will be ragdolled and fly around like out of control helicopters.
2. Team colored sleeves for classes
As a veteran TFC player, the lack of team colored sleeves disturbs me. Arms that are covered in cardboard gives me the creep.
3. Teleporters?
I don't know what were the FF team thinking when they are developing FF. Removing the teleporter for the Engineer? What the heck.
4. New maps
ff_badlands,ff_avanti and ff_doublecross (FF's equilivant to TF2's ctf_doublecross) I could have made them if I want to but Hammer wouldn't allow me to, saying there are entities that are not in the files.

So these are my ideas and suggestion for FF, some are not meant to be taken seriously,but some should be.

FDA_Approved 09-15-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamingmaster000 (Post 495394)
Alright then, for the next FF update here are some suggestion.
1. More gibs

Lol, alright, yeah I've been telling these guys the same thing for ever now. The damage thresh hold for gibs has been lowered, so you will see gibs from rockets and grenades more often now. Maybe They will lower damage necessary a bit more for us.

Quote:

3. Teleporters?
I don't know what were the FF team thinking when they are developing FF. Removing the teleporter for the Engineer? What the heck.
That would completely ruin the balance and pace of this game. Teleporters never belonged in a fortress game.

Ricey 09-15-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamingmaster000 (Post 495394)
3. Teleporters?

No.

CaptainAhab 09-15-2012 06:16 PM

After playing with them for a while, I prefer jump pads to teleporters now. Not to mention jump pads, like FDA said, really fit in with the speed of the game.

Also, avanti is already here. :) Unless you're talking about a complete remake or something.

Gamingmaster000 09-15-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FDA_Approved (Post 495413)
Lol, alright, yeah I've been telling these guys the same thing for ever now. The damage thresh hold for gibs has been lowered, so you will see gibs from rockets and grenades more often now. Maybe They will lower damage necessary a bit more for us.

That would completely ruin the balance and pace of this game. Teleporters never belonged in a fortress game.

Oh okay then.

XPelargos 09-15-2012 06:16 PM

No teleporters. Thanks.

Team colored (and transparent as a download plz) sleeves would be most bodacious.

Gamingmaster000 09-15-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainAhab (Post 495418)
After playing with them for a while, I prefer jump pads to teleporters now. Not to mention jump pads, like FDA said, really fit in with the speed of the game.

Also, avanti is already here. :) Unless you're talking about a complete remake or something.

Well, I was looking for a remake of Avanti with FF texture, squeek told me that there is a ff_avanti_classic

Gamingmaster000 09-15-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XPelargos (Post 495420)
No teleporters. Thanks.

Team colored (and transparent as a download plz) sleeves would be most bodacious.

bodacious? That means remarkable or sexy

XPelargos 09-15-2012 06:21 PM

Gamingmaster000 09-15-2012 06:27 PM

I have no idea what you're talking about. As in I don't know which meaning of bodacious you were saying

KubeDawg 09-15-2012 09:35 PM

The problem with the arms to my knowledge is that they weren't coded for different teams. Gray is a neutral color so naturally, that's what it ended up as. Now if we could just get it coded for multiple team arms, we'd probably see some customization from the community shortly after.

Gamingmaster000 09-16-2012 01:37 AM

But if Valve can code RED and BLUE color in TFC, and even yellow and green. How can't you do it?

KubeDawg 09-16-2012 04:20 AM

It's on the list of things that never got finished, as there are far more important issues to deal with.

XPelargos 09-16-2012 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamingmaster000 (Post 495425)
I have no idea what you're talking about. As in I don't know which meaning of bodacious you were saying

Are there ANY bad connotations to the word bodacious?

No.

Ergo . . .

Gamingmaster000 09-16-2012 09:58 AM

Are you saying that the idea of team colored sleeves is a good idea?

Gamingmaster000 09-16-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KubeDawg (Post 495443)
It's on the list of things that never got finished, as there are far more important issues to deal with.

What can be more important than Team colored sleeves? Maps? New scripts? Improved server finding?

CaptainAhab 09-16-2012 10:00 AM

An auto-updater (...right?), and some serious balance changes.

squeek. 09-16-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamingmaster000 (Post 495451)
Are you saying that the idea of team colored sleeves is a good idea?

It's a good idea, but as far as I know, it's a complicated change due to how FF was developed (many different developers coming and going over a long period of time, some weapon model source files are out of date or missing). Crazycarl would be able to give more information about this. Pretty sure he's commented on it before but I can't find where it was.

AfterShock 09-16-2012 02:32 PM

1. More gibs

We just released a patch which increases the gibs. I still think it can be improved as I think ragdolls are visually confusing. Ideally I want to make a big visual effect when someone dies, so its obvious when its a dead body flying around vs a real person flying around.

Also we just patched to create SG gibs :)

2. Team colored sleeves

As squeek says, we agree this would be nice. Don't forget you can have a team colored HUD which makes it more obvious which team you're on.

3. Teleporters. Read the FAQ ;)

4. Maps. Most of what you mentioned is already made, look harder! :)

pF 09-16-2012 11:47 PM

I seem to remember mucking around with player sleeves way back when.. I have no idea what the problem turned out to be, though..?

(Or was it just a dream?)