Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Maps (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   ff_x (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=8985)

-=bingo-bango=- 04-22-2007 04:55 AM

ff_x

Updated-5/15/06
-Canceled

Model:......70%
Texture:...40%
Light:.......60%

I was bored so I made this in 3 hours so far. Its based of of ff_dev_ctf. Its going to have the 4 teams, an underground basement. The team flag points will be changed from the light texture, I just cant find the dl for the logos since my comp crashed, link would help. Its just a small map and I hope u like it :lol:

If the dev team releases ff_ctf then I wont be releasing it, its just if the dev team dosent release ff_ctf, which is undecide atm, then we have a map like it. In other words this is reason for you devs to include ff_ctf in release, or else we have to settle for this...uggh...

-PICS-

Pic1
Pic2
Pic3
Pic4
Pic5
Pic6

-Q/A-

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nezumi
You're not going to release that are you?

When its done, why not?

Quote:

Originally Posted by zSilver_Fox
DM?

Nope, an insane game of CTF

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pigeons
Wheres the originality?

The map is for a remake of a game...irony much?

zSilver_Fox 04-22-2007 05:42 AM

DM?

Nezumi 04-22-2007 10:04 AM

You're not going to release that are you?

BumGravy 04-22-2007 10:15 AM

good use of dev textures, a feature sorely lacking in dev_ctf. i think this is a fantastic remake.

-=bingo-bango=- 04-22-2007 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BumGravy
good use of dev textures, a feature sorely lacking in dev_ctf. i think this is a fantastic remake.

theyre just temporary lol

Beetle 04-22-2007 11:55 PM

its too simple and somewhat pointless, ehh maybe ill have to play it, but i think im essentially saying what everyone is thinking, only in a nicer way

-=bingo-bango=- 04-23-2007 02:45 AM

I hosestly dont care if anyone plays it :lol: Its justr for shitz and gigglez

BumGravy 04-23-2007 03:55 AM

If this was the only map for FF I would play it.

zSilver_Fox 04-23-2007 04:19 AM

Yay! I got quoted!

Pigeons 04-23-2007 10:18 AM

why..

fad 04-23-2007 11:03 AM

Hey, the more maps the merrier! Whats the problem? If you dont like it, dont play it

Pigeons 04-23-2007 12:08 PM

It's an exact replica of a map already made for fortress forever by the dev team. All he did is duplicate the layout and add a basement thats using those dev textures.

Wheres the originality?

Everything 04-23-2007 12:56 PM

I don't think he cares.

-=bingo-bango=- 04-23-2007 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny
I don't think he cares.

bingo...bango...

Quote:

It's an exact replica of a map already made for fortress forever by the dev team. All he did is duplicate the layout and add a basement thats using those dev textures.

Do u know how to read percents? ITS NOT DONE, lol

Quote:

Wheres the originality?

The map is for a remake of a game...irony much?

If the dev team releases ff_ctf then I wont be releasing it, its just if the dev team dosent release ff_ctf, which is undecide atm, then we have a map like it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BumGravy
If this was the only map for FF I would play it.

yay, lol

Pigeons 04-24-2007 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -=bingo-bango=-
If the dev team releases ff_ctf then I wont be releasing it, its just if the dev team dosent release ff_ctf, which is undecide atm, then we have a map like it.

We're beta testing it now.

All you have done is remakes of single room maps. Do a full A\D or CTF map and challenge yourself.

Ihmhi 04-24-2007 09:03 AM

Quote:

Wheres the originality?

No, it is quite obvious that it is not an exact replica.

Pigeons 04-24-2007 10:23 AM

Well obviously fucking not. He does not have the FF textures you half a popsicle. You clearly get my point in what I am saying here.

I'm simply sick of these 1 or 2 roomed maps being pumped out, in any game. Counter-strike has half a billion maps like this and we already have the dev team making THIS map.

I want to see him challenge himself and attempt a thorough map and come up with something schnazzy. He seems like he has the time and capabilities to do it.

Ihmhi 04-24-2007 11:35 AM

Quote:

Well obviously fucking not. He does not have the FF textures you half a popsicle. You clearly get my point in what I am saying here.

If it is so obvious, then why did you say "exact replica" you popsicle-stick-that-has-been-sucked-dry-and-is-being-unchalantly-nibbled-on? d:

Bingo certainly has the capabilities, yes. Time, not so much. (Please remember BB is a dev for School: Source, and that is likely eating up a lot of his time.)

I do agree that it can use a twist other than just "CTFONEROOMLAWL".

I would suggest a sort of "hold the flag" style of play... holding the flag accumulates points for your team, and holding multiple flags incurs bonuses, something like:

1 flag = 1 point per second
2 flag = 3 points per second
3 flags = 5 points per second

When any flag carrier gets fragged the flags return. It might also be useful to toss in some other goodies, like one-way spawns to keep people from building SGs at the door and whoring health/ammo packs (which happens sometimes on ff_dev_ctf... I am lookin' at you, Circ and Skanky <_< ).

Pigeons 04-24-2007 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihmhi
If it is so obvious, then why did you say "exact replica" you popsicle-stick-that-has-been-sucked-dry-and-is-being-unchalantly-nibbled-on? d:

Bingo certainly has the capabilities, yes. Time, not so much. (Please remember BB is a dev for School: Source, and that is likely eating up a lot of his time.)

I do agree that it can use a twist other than just "CTFONEROOMLAWL".

I would suggest a sort of "hold the flag" style of play... holding the flag accumulates points for your team, and holding multiple flags incurs bonuses, something like:

1 flag = 1 point per second
2 flag = 3 points per second
3 flags = 5 points per second

When any flag carrier gets fragged the flags return. It might also be useful to toss in some other goodies, like one-way spawns to keep people from building SGs at the door and whoring health/ammo packs (which happens sometimes on ff_dev_ctf... I am lookin' at you, Circ and Skanky <_< ).

Well there you go you goofy bastard!

I actually like that idea of holding the flag. Would make that map more fun if you ask me, heh.