Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Other Games (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   L4D Thread (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=18211)

Hawk Eye 11-26-2008 07:43 AM

Why the hell did I think Geo!? D:

Sorry.:oops:

Skanky Butterpuss 11-26-2008 07:56 AM

youre dead to me.

Iggy 11-26-2008 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skanky Butterpuss
you're dead to me.

Fixed that for ya.

Skanky Butterpuss 11-26-2008 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iggy
Im a twat

fixed that for ya ;)

ive said it before and ill say it again, fuck apostrophes. the internet warrants only a few apostrophe uses per lifetime, and that certainly was not one of them.

The Dead to Skanky List (so far)
Hawk
Iggy

im sure there will be more...

teh_rape 11-26-2008 06:44 PM

can I be added?

edit: l4d is cool! (just so this post is somewhat on topic)

greenday5494 11-26-2008 07:30 PM

wow, i thought i was added on that list long ago. i mean i like INVENTED that list

GeoKill-----> 11-26-2008 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk Eye
Why the hell did I think Geo!? D:

Sorry.:oops:

because I call you hank....

Also you edit me out :(
You are dead to me hank

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenday5494
wow, i thought i was added on that list long ago. i mean i like INVENTED that list

You are like a ghost that comes back to annoy more

Iggy 11-26-2008 08:54 PM

Quote:

fixed that for ya ;)

ive said it before and ill say it again, fuck apostrophes. the internet warrants only a few apostrophe uses per lifetime, and that certainly was not one of them.

The Dead to Skanky List (so far)
Hawk
Iggy

im sure there will be more...

:p

-=bingo-bango=- 11-27-2008 05:42 AM

Quote:

yea, the only word that ive found to really need an apostrophe is we'll, and most of the time youre going to be saying we'll instead of well, so as long as its in appropriate context, ive found no need for them.

Hawk Eye 11-27-2008 06:37 AM

Great. Now I'm dead to two of my favourite people to play with.

This thread is the devil.

Credge 11-27-2008 12:49 PM

So far, No Mercy and that airport one are terrible. I don't like either. I think this is the thing that stops me from playing the last one. They need a human only mode so I don't have to ever fucking suffer through how strikingly poor the AI is.

COOL ZOMBIES! LETS RUN IN FRONT OF RYAN PAUL MCFUCKGOWAN AS HE'S SHOOTING THEM WITH HIS HUNTING RIFLE ZOOMED IN! YEAH THAT'LL BE FUCKING GREAT! OH WOOPS LOOKS LIKE HE JUST SHOT YOU TWICE BECAUSE HE FIRES THAT GOD DAMNED FAST AND ACCURATE! COOL, NOW YOU ARE DEAD BECAUSE YOUR AI EYEBALLS ARE BAD!

I'd much prefer it if I could just pick Francis and play the single player without the AI.

I'd play online with random people but I've found that every single dedicated server sucks. Also, random people are very bad at this game. So unaware of anything that's happening. An example:

I was playing the end of No Mercy with a bunch of random people. I said so many times that I'm going to watch our backs since that is what I do. And I'm bad ass. Also, Hunting Rifle sucks in that area.

Right. So I said this about a thousand times and this person acted like a poor AI. It wasn't an AI. They just acted like it. He wasn't griefing, he was just an idiot.

So, we got to the top somehow. I don't know. Luck I imagine. Anyway, this guy goes and jumps off the side of the building. Not on purpose. It was more like a "Oh. I thought I'd grab on!" sort of deal since that's what he said. Why would you even want to grab on? What the fuck is wrong with you people?

Everything 11-27-2008 02:51 PM

Play with friends instead of random people - Check.
Fix AI to Credge's liking - Gonna' take a while

Credge 11-27-2008 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny
Play with friends instead of random people - Check.

Already do. There are three of us who play regularly. There is a single AI that absolutely ruins the game for all of us. This is why I'd prefer a mode where there is no AI and the AI director does what it's supposed to do.

Also, the AI director is bullshit. Play the second campaign on expert. Watch the left side right at the beginning. What happens every single time? Yeah.

Everything 11-27-2008 03:02 PM

I'll be sure to do that when I actually decide to buy Left 4 Dead.

Circuitous 11-27-2008 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -=bingo-bango=-
yea, the only word that ive found to really need an apostrophe is we'll, and most of the time youre going to be saying we'll instead of well, so as long as its in appropriate context, ive found no need for them.

Worth noting: you're an idiot.

teh_rape 11-28-2008 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Circuitous
Worth noting: you're an idiot.

FLAME! BAN HIM :rolleyes:

Circuitous 11-28-2008 04:37 AM

You're an idiot, too.

Credge 11-28-2008 01:31 PM

So, my dad was playing L4D last night by himself. You know, that game mode that doesn't require you to play with people? Yeah, that one.

I was watching him play and noticed that each AI has a shitty personality... except Francis.

Zoey - Will stay behind at various places, being a complete burden to the group. She will refuse to climb the ladder at the end of No Mercy. She'll stay in the barn at the end of the last campaign. Any time she can stay behind, she'll do it. She also just loves that sniper rifle that she never ever uses. Ever. Never fires on witches.

Bill - Crouch moves annoyingly. Tries to protect you at all times. Will run in to your fire if you are barfed upon.

Louis - Runs in to your line of fire constantly. Will constantly run around as the zombies attack. When you activate something and hordes of zombies come, he'll stay with Zoey. Always. Will run in front of you as you fire on a witch. Never fires on witches.

Sigh.

Sh4x 11-28-2008 10:12 PM

Yeah, the game is meant to be played with people obviously. The versus mode is where it shines best imo. But thinking about it, even the campaign mode is the best coop game I've ever played. It's just that the versus mode is even better. Which makes other games very unattractive to me in comparison. Anyways, I gotta say it would be pretty cool to get more weapons... I mean, the possibilities are endless, yet they come up with only the very basic weapons. Why no rocket launcher? Why no strip mine? What about a flamethrower? Those would definitely spice up the experience for me.