Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Mobile Device(s) (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=23700)

Ricey 12-20-2012 04:10 PM

Mobile Device(s)

Trying to gather which phones you guys use; this is mainly for pickup players; others can do the poll as well; I'd use Google Analytics, but for this type of site; it wont give me true numbers, and if you are like me; I rarely surf the web on my iPhone.

PS.

This may be a worthless poll if I can't do what I want to do :(

WubbaDucky 12-20-2012 04:17 PM

What exactly do you want to do then? (curious)
i use both, iPhone & Android (Galaxy S3)

You use anything else besides analytics? or try to implement another tracking from another software if you have one.

CaptainAhab 12-20-2012 04:20 PM

#ff.pickup app! :D

Ricey 12-20-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WubbaDucky (Post 497430)
What exactly do you want to do then? (curious)
i use both, iPhone & Android (Galaxy S3)

You use anything else besides analytics? or try to implement another tracking from another software if you have one.

No, I only use analytics to determine what browsers the users are mostly using;as I do not deal with the SEO, Absolut was suppose to be handling that, lol. Reminds me to yell at him, for not yelling at me.

Also, you use both the iPhone and Android at an equal ratio?

and Arab has the right idea : using http://www.appcelerator.com/ , and no I will not be starting this till the site is finished, but I do need to learn appcelerator for work, so I can do basic work with the app for prototyping.

NeonLight 12-20-2012 05:19 PM

Android
Galaxy Nexus (4.1.1)

KubeDawg 12-20-2012 06:11 PM

Android 2.3.5
HTC Evo 4G

Soon to have a Samsung Galaxy SIII

Elmo 12-20-2012 06:42 PM

Android (4.1 Jellybean) Galaxy S3.

Which reminds me can someone make those new post icon buttons that tiny bit bigger?!

Ricey 12-20-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elmo (Post 497436)

Which reminds me can someone make those new post icon buttons that tiny bit bigger?!

Yes sir!

I think with the forums, I'll do a mobile skin.

GeoKill-----> 12-20-2012 06:55 PM

Bully 12-20-2012 08:37 PM

Android 4.1.2 Galaxy S3

WubbaDucky 12-20-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricey (Post 497432)

Also, you use both the iPhone and Android at an equal ratio?

Yes almostequal . Both phones are intensly used for browsing along the way.

Ricey 12-20-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WubbaDucky (Post 497445)
Yes almostequal . Both phones are intensly used for browsing along the way.

Never understand people who use two phones at once during the day, lol.

WubbaDucky 12-20-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricey (Post 497446)
Never understand people who use two phones at once during the day, lol.

Because of the involvement of 3 companies, with different purposes / clients and no mixups I had to seperate loads of different things when it came to availablity / reach.

And, my iPhone never lasts more than 5 hours (due to intense use and talk time) So i need backup anyway, if i cannot charge the damn thing ;)

-mooney- 12-20-2012 09:16 PM

nokia 100

Ricey 12-20-2012 09:55 PM

I have a job for someone, who ever wishes to spend the time to research it : .dem to another video format to youtube.

FDA_Approved 12-20-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricey (Post 497450)
I have a job for someone, who ever wishes to spend the time to research it : .dem to another video format to youtube.

I'm not entirely sure what exactly you mean.

You want to convert .dem directly to a youtube ready video format? I'll do some googling I suppose. But Idk if that's really possibly. Demo files aren't actually a video file, it's just kind of a log of everything that's happened, and then source reanimates it everytime you play the demo. The easiest way to convert .dems to video formats is still fairly time consuming for little quality, and doesn't work in FF atm. Though I haven't checked since this patch, but for what ever reason it was broke in the last patch. At least, everyone who tried it couldn't get it to work. Idk maybe kube said he did.

Probly the absolute fastest way to convert them, would be to fraps it while watching the demo. Just off the top of my head.

Edit: Yes this is correct, .dem contains no frames or anything like that. It's just data. So either fraps or one of the other painfully long routes.

Ricey 12-20-2012 10:32 PM

What I had in mind was .dem > .avi > YT, a server would do this automatically after each match.

FDA_Approved 12-20-2012 10:37 PM

You'd have to program the server, or another server, to play the demo and use the start movie command. Which would be taxing a take quite some time, especially to record an entire 15 minute round. Or have it run fraps while the demo is playing.

Basically, not happening. :(

squeek. 12-20-2012 11:06 PM

Yeah, the only way to play demos is to actually run the game. Not to mention all you'd really be able to do would be choose a single static shot for the whole video (or choose one random/specific person to follow). It's really not at all feasible at this point. You'd probably be better off spectating live and using some sort of screen capture or something like that.

It'd probably be possible to automate it if you really, really, really wanted to (using a great deal of tricky techniques), but it definitely wouldn't be easy to set up and would still require actually running the FF client.

KubeDawg 12-20-2012 11:12 PM

I remember back when I played CS 1.6 there was a program where you could view demos from outside CS. Maybe something like that could be used, but with a built-in encoder?