Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Communities, Leagues, Clans and Guilds (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   League Needs C++ Programer (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=23067)

absolute 11-16-2011 05:40 AM

League Needs C++ Programer

Company description:
International Gaming League is an online video game competition provider. Its website acts as a hub for video gamers with competitive interests, and allows for a platform upon which players can access organized competition services, match broadcasts and social media aspects, all under the shield of IGL's anti-cheat and scrim finder software. By providing players with opportunities to win cash and hardware prizes through competitions, IGL places itself as an influence in the world of Electronic Sports, a multi-million dollar international industry.

Job description:
Do you hate cheaters? As a programmer at IGL, you will be tasked with the challenge of designing and implementing creative methods to prevent and detect cheating in the array of online games supported by IGL.

Working closely with a team of 4-5 experienced developers, you will be creating one of the most sophisticated client side tools in the eSports industry. The tool will consist of a chat network, pick-up game system (where users can play self-organized competitive style match-ups), and most importantly cheat detection. The goal is to create and maintain a complete client that users log into and use daily.

Skills Required:
  • Ability to work independently without supervision
  • Team oriented, communicates well
  • Result driven, ability to follow task through to completion
  • Attention to detail
  • Well written; ability to contribute to design documents
  • Capability of taking on responsibility, and delegating when necessary

Experience desired:
  • C++ (2yrs+)
  • SQL/MYSQL
  • Network & security protocols
  • Client/Server connectivity
  • Black-box & white-box testing experience
  • Steam / Valve Games
  • EA Sports Games (ex. Battlefield)

Nice to have:

Salary:
Negotiable - primarily relying on volunteers. Potential of payroll, royalties or bonuses.
Depending on your role at IGL, you may qualify for re-imbursement of, utilities used to complete IGL assigned tasks. Some examples include games, hardware, software and internet access.

Apply to:
jobs [at] playigl [dot] com
Subject: C++ Programmer

Visit us:
www.playigl.com

Friend us:
www.facebook.com/playigl

Follow us:
www.twitter.com/playigl

squeek. 11-16-2011 05:54 AM

Sounds cool. Good luck!

Dexter 11-16-2011 06:01 AM

volunteer to write anti cheat code? hmm, good luck indeed :p wonder if this is the same igl that had the shitty lightning background years ago...

absolute 11-16-2011 06:53 AM

lol that was Iron Glove =)

We're a different group.

Essentially yea, it will be volunteer - however there will be compensation ASAP. We also purchase any games you require, servers, ect. Anything required to ge the job done.

We're also looking formore than enough staff to lighten the workload.

Please, if anyone has the skills and you are remotely interested, reach out to us!

Thank you,

Darryl

Dexter 11-16-2011 07:06 AM

Ah yes, iron glove. Takes me back, thanks for jogging the memory!

best of luck

absolute 11-16-2011 07:07 AM

side note:

Dexter, you must have more profile views than anyone on this board.

Dexter 11-16-2011 07:14 AM

no doubt. the slow load really takes the cake.

im curious about this anti-cheat. is ring0 really desired? surely usermode could get by, just look at warden :P Just wondering, I have a longtime interest in anti-cheat but no time or desire for this

absolute 11-16-2011 07:17 AM

90% of cheats are coded in ring0.. best way to detect them is to have exp. with ring0 :)

If you truly have an interest, we should sync up.

Iggy 11-16-2011 08:45 PM

I wish I could help you, but my last programming experience was with Commodore machine code, and it didn't go well. Anyway, I wish you luck.

Ricey 11-16-2011 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by absolute (Post 489418)
side note:

Dexter, you must have more profile views than anyone on this board.

Nope, I do :D

I'd offer help with UI/UX, but I'm already swamped with a HUGE project at work.

Iggy 11-17-2011 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricey (Post 489426)
Nope, I do :D

I'd offer help with UI/UX, but I'm already swamped with a HUGE project at work.

Yeah.... uh huh........

Dexter 11-19-2011 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by absolute (Post 489420)
90% of cheats are coded in ring0.. best way to detect them is to have exp. with ring0 :)

If you truly have an interest, we should sync up.

seriously? I must have only dealt with amateur stuff. this was also in like 2006

absolute 11-19-2011 06:14 PM

Yea, cheats are incredibly hard to detect these days. Burried deep within the user's computer. Screenshots were one way to catch them - but most now a days detect a snapshot and disable themselves. It's an up-hill battle.

So yea.... who's up for a challenge? =)