Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Tips and Tutorials (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Trimp Concing - for that extra boost. (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=22804)

FreaK367 07-01-2011 02:37 PM

Trimp Concing - for that extra boost.

Whenever I get the chance I try to use a trimp conc, which can give you a much needed boost when used together.

I have thrown together 4 examples of Trimp Concing on 3 different maps to give people an idea. Hope it helps. It might save your bacon like it has for me many times.

For anyone interested, I record a demo or multiple demos in game, close FF, then open Fraps, open FF, play the demo(s) one by one and record using Fraps at 40 FPS, half the size, (fraps saves the video as quite a large file size), so I then open the video(s) in Windows Live Movie Maker (WLMM), do any editing like combining multiple videos together or adding text/screens. Then I sign into Live (through WLMM), and upload the video directly from WLMM to YouTube at 720p resolution which allows for an HD option on my video for better quality. And WLMM manages to save and upload the finished video at a considerably reduced file size than what Fraps saved it as while keeping all of the quality. (one video went from 500mb Fraps size to 32mb WLMM size) And then without even opening YouTube in my browser, my video is already uploaded with a full description, tags etc... Windows Live Movie Maker saves a lot of time... and really takes care of a huge chunk.

Elmo 07-01-2011 05:42 PM

there nice little vids these. keep on with them. I think it could interest a few people who haven't even seen the game before.

FreaK367 07-01-2011 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elmo (Post 486994)
there nice little vids these. keep on with them. I think it could interest a few people who haven't even seen the game before.

I will :D, managed to complete 3 of them in not very long atall... It takes a few uploads before the YouTube search engine starts to include your videos, so I'll start taking some general playing videos and any more tricks and tutorials I can think of to get YouTube to acknowledge my channel to try and gain interest.

Elmo 07-01-2011 06:19 PM

Great job... Now, move on to the next *video*

:p get it? lol

FreaK367 07-01-2011 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elmo (Post 486998)
Great job... Now, move on to the next *video*

:p get it? lol

:sniper::headshot:

Elmo 07-01-2011 09:23 PM

hahaha

eomoyaff 07-06-2011 08:42 PM

brb, shadowing me in spec, learned it from me. Credit please.

FreaK367 07-06-2011 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eomoyaff (Post 487205)
brb, shadowing me in spec, learned it from me. Credit please.

Again, discovered it on my own, and now I use it as much as possible instead of a normal jumping conc.

Hammock 07-07-2011 07:53 PM

This is sorta depressing. How long have you been playing the game exactly? First the aardvark ramp trick, now trimp concing?

It's just depressing to find out that someone who's apparently been playing this game for awhile is just now discovering these simple things, makes you wonder exactly how much the average person in FF actually knows about the game.

You definately seem interested in expanding your knowledge of FF. You should really consider watching pickups, even if you don't care for the pickup players or their rules, you would still learn a lot from watching them. I learned what I could on my own in TFC but I must admit my knowledge of the game increased dramatically as soon as I decided to just spec good players and learn their tricks.

Learning the basic mechanics is only a very small portion of someone's skill. Learning where and how to use those tricks is the valuable part. The pickup players learn stuff all the time from one another.

squeek. 07-07-2011 10:01 PM

By the way, this is technically double jump concing. Double jumps are done by jumping twice within a set period of time. Trimps are activated by jumping while rampsliding.

That said, there is a bug where you can trigger a double jump and a trimp at the same time which makes you go super high, and is what zE's trimp skill maps are based around for the most part. This makes the line between the two techniques blurrier than it really should be.

FreaK367 07-07-2011 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squeek. (Post 487264)
By the way, this is technically double jump concing. Double jumps are done by jumping twice within a set period of time. Trimps are activated by jumping while rampsliding.

That said, there is a bug where you can trigger a double jump and a trimp at the same time which makes you go super high, and is what zE's trimp skill maps are based around for the most part. This makes the line between the two techniques blurrier than it really should be.

I've never heard of the expression "double jumping" in FF, I always assumed it was just trimping, because on trimp maps that is my technique, I usually make up speed bhopping, then bhop onto the ramp crouched, then stand up and hold jump as I hit the ramp and it gets great distance, that's how I beat zE's and other trimp maps. He actually taught me how to do it.

The only time I properly trimp using that description would be on maps like Aardvark when I get launched into a rampslide. Or if I get a lucky conc and hit a ramp perfectly so it launches me really high in a yard or so.

Hammock 07-08-2011 02:20 PM

You can thank zE for that! he originally started calling his maps "trimp_****" but it's mainly double jumps and not trimping you're doing on the maps. So then he tried calling his maps "djump_*****" but I don't think it caught on like the original "trimp" name :)

Raynian 07-11-2011 04:06 AM

That's where I first heard the term 'trimping'. It's essentially, from what I see, just jumping into a ramp at higher speeds to get vertical height, although via physics differences - but as far as what it looks like, it's the "double jump" FF has.

Also I coined the term trimpconcing. Also, as far as I know I was the first to really discover and utilize it. Faggots.

Raynian 07-11-2011 04:06 AM

Double post, derp.

Dexter 07-15-2011 11:45 PM

the video sucked until the sweet lens flair in the end

FreaK367 07-16-2011 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexter (Post 487664)
the video sucked until the sweet lens flair in the end

I can make you a video of just Lens Flairs if you like. :D

stray kitten 06-08-2012 02:38 PM

Damn that video makes me want to start playing FF again.

Must resist.... :shock:

aleXtric 07-29-2014 10:44 AM

one of the worst threads. everybody join me in reporting please.

Iggy 07-29-2014 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleXtric (Post 504153)
one of the worst threads. everybody join me in reporting please.

You dug up a 3 year old thread and reported it? Don't you have anything better to do?

XPelargos 07-29-2014 09:15 PM

I miss FF too, Alex.