Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Other Games (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Your current games (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=20127)

stray kitten 09-15-2009 02:14 PM

I picked up Far Cry 2 at a local used book store. So to catch up, I bought Far Cry off of steam. Far Cry was ok, who doesn't love exorbitant high tech mutant bases to attack and mad scientists? But that game PISSED ME OFF so much because of the save system. Started playing Far Cry 2 a little on Saturday. I haven't played many modern game engines so wow. What an intro. It's a pretty good game but, what in the hell does it have to do with the first one? So far not a damn thing.... Overall though decent game.

~kev~ 09-15-2009 03:20 PM

I have been playing left 4 dead for the past 6 months. But I need to take a break before left 4 dead 2 is released.

Killing floor looks interesting, but I have not made up my mind if I want to buy it.

The same thing goes for red alert 3 - looks good but I'am gonna wait for the price to come down.

Lost 10-04-2009 02:44 PM

L4D has new content before the release next month of L4D2. It's a pretty fun but short map, half the length of the previous 4. It has a few unique features to it but it feels like an appeasement for all those people who aren't happy the sequel is so soon forthcoming.

How many of you are gonna get the new game?

Hawk Eye 10-04-2009 10:09 PM

The liklihood is pretty low for me. It all depends on who else is getting the game, etc. Most fun I can squeeze out of L4D depends completely upon who I'm playing with. Damn that demo was fun...

Chargers are an interesting mechanic in 2, though..

Skanky Butterpuss 10-06-2009 07:45 AM

ive been playing the shit out of ultimate alliance 2. its a fun game. some things are improved over the first MUA (obviously graphics, fusions, engaging storyline), some things were better in the 1st (longer, higher level cap, more diversity in enemies and levels, better rpg elements), but overall ive been having a really good time with it.

i think the next game i may buy is way of the samurai 3. im no weaboo, but the first game was cool as shit. multiple pathways through the story, multiple endings, a ton of weapons to collect... i spent a lot of time on that first game back in the day. this new one is supposed to be pretty similar with more of everything, so i be diggin that. plus i can probably get it for like $40 after it comes out since its not gonna be a popular title (and it comes out the same week as brutal legend and uncharted 2). cant argue with that.

Etzell 10-06-2009 04:08 PM

You mention Brutal Legend, but not the fact that you're buying it. I don't think I know you anymore.

Hawk Eye 10-06-2009 05:49 PM

I recently played, and finished Psychonauts. I'd definitely like to try Brutal Legend.

Skanky Butterpuss 10-06-2009 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Etzell (Post 453655)
You mention Brutal Legend, but not the fact that you're buying it. I don't think I know you anymore.

well, i played the demo. it was good fun. the music was great, the dialog was funny, but im just not sure about its replayability. i dont like spending $60 on a game i play through once and am done with the week it gets released, and i havent read anything to suggest that it has a bunch of stuff to reward multiple playthroughs. im thinking i will probably rent it for the metal awesomeness, but im not so sure its gonna be a game that i want to play over and over again. WE SHALL SEE

Desyphur 10-06-2009 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skanky Butterpuss (Post 453704)
well, i played the demo. it was good fun. the music was great, the dialog was funny, but im just not sure about its replayability. i dont like spending $60 on a game i play through once and am done with the week it gets released, and i havent read anything to suggest that it has a bunch of stuff to reward multiple playthroughs. im thinking i will probably rent it for the metal awesomeness, but im not so sure its gonna be a game that i want to play over and over again. WE SHALL SEE

It does have that kickass looking multiplayer.

Mooga 10-11-2009 04:00 PM

I got beatles rockband ;)

Skanky Butterpuss 10-12-2009 10:16 PM

i just made a japan account for psn to play the Bayonetta demo. that game is wicked fun. shame about the shitty ps3 port though... this is the first time ive actually wanted a 360. buuuuut im not about to buy a system just for that one game to run better, so ill just deal with the shoddy framerate.

but yeah, sweet game. completely over the top.

also just preordered way of the samurai 3. that should be here around thursday or so.

too many good games coming out in the next few months!

TonyCip 10-13-2009 09:16 PM

Crysis
Crysis: Warhead
Need for Speed: Shift
Bioshock
Oblivion
COD4: Modern Warfare
FF

PartialSchism 10-13-2009 09:29 PM

How is NFS:Shift toneh? How does it compare to all the others?

TonyCip 10-13-2009 11:43 PM

Well, It's more accurate in gameplay. Perfect handling, great tracks and great cars. It's very realistic and is by far the best in the series, in my opinion.

Heres a vid of me getting a first place a "Tier 3 difficulty race"

PartialSchism 10-15-2009 12:36 AM

Wow do you really race like that? bumper-cam ftw... unless you can't in shift.

Lost 10-15-2009 01:13 AM

Goddamn that looks fun.

TonyCip 10-15-2009 02:38 AM

It's a blast.

Was playing a few minutes ago and sold the Ford GT, bought a Lambo Murcielago, and ugraded it to the max. It rapes. :)

Lost 10-19-2009 11:41 PM

So I guess NFS: Shift is on my list to grab. I will be picking up Fallout 3: GOTY edition soon. Damn these responsibilities!!

Circuitous 10-26-2009 02:31 PM

You guys that're looking at DDO, man, let's fuckin' do that. Credge I will totally RP with you I don't even care. Ihmhi and I play occasionally, it's a blast.

I keep insane hours, though.

So let's see, games.

XBox 360:
  • Madden NFL 10 (I didn't expect it either.)
  • Guitar Hero 5
  • BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger
  • Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
  • LEGO Indiana Jones
  • Tony Hawk's Project 8

PC
  • The Witcher
  • Team Fortress 2 occasionally
  • a little Left 4 Dead
  • DDO
  • Borderlands soon
  • Arcanum
  • Neverwinter Nights 2
  • Killing Floor
  • SMOD Redux

I don't get much gaming in since I started this new job, very little free time except the weekends, which I mostly spend on D&D. So it's always just an hour or two at a time anymore.

Credge 10-26-2009 02:51 PM

I might have to play some DDO then. I had some chars in the beta before it became free that I had but I imagine they aren't there anymore. Maybe I'll start it up next week.