Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Mapping (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   www.fortress-forever.com - Community Map Testing Server (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=9602)

417 06-21-2007 12:25 AM

www.fortress-forever.com - Community Map Testing Server

The [AE] clan has set up a dedicated HL2 Death Match server which runs solely running FF maps. If you want to check out some of the maps you'll see when FF gets released and have Death Match install then feel free to stop in and check them out.

Server Name: www.fortress-forever.com - Community Map Testing Server
Server IP #: 8.6.8.213:27015

Maps currently in the rotation:
2morforeverdm
ff_4tron_05
ff_fragger
ff_tiger_dm
ff_thecove_a1
sky
ff_flare_b-5
ff_2small2push_beta1
ff_badlands_beta5

http://www.gametracker.com/server_in...ner_560x95.png

If you are map maker and want a HL2DM version of your map featured on the server private message 417 with a URL download for it.

All maps have weapons added to them via a special plug-in on the server so that they can be play tested with some good old fashion playing action.

Hawk Eye 06-21-2007 12:27 AM

Official now?

417 06-21-2007 01:30 AM

Define Official? Nothing could be deemed official in regards to FF unless it is endorsed by the FF Mod's developers. This server is not endorsed by the Dev's so it isn't technically official.

I would like have a forum administrator sticky the thread though so it is easy for people to find but even that is asking a little to much.

It is on the HL2 Death match platform so it could actually never be an official FF anything.

It is however, a server that was put up exclusively for the FF community by active FF community members as a way to give map makers a way to show off their maps before FF is officially released.

The other posting about this server can be deleted seeing how this one is up and with better/more information.

This posting will be updated as new maps are added to the server when map makers update version.

Long Live Fortress Forever!

Ihmhi 06-21-2007 01:50 AM

I think this is the third server running community maps so far... I know [o-t] USED to run one (what happened, guys?) and I think there was one more. Always good for the community to see this and thanks to the Source engine the people can at least look around at the maps.

Hawk Eye 06-21-2007 02:24 AM

I actually love this server, just the last post had "unofficial" in it, and this one didn't so it made me wonder :p

[keep up the good hosting :D]

[AE] 82694 06-21-2007 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk Eye
I actually love this server, just the last post had "unofficial" in it, and this one didn't so it made me wonder :p

[keep up the good hosting :D]

Ya I didn't want to step on any toes. But 417 has a better way with words than I do, even if he can be a bit testicle/technical. :twisted:

mervaka 06-21-2007 11:17 PM

sticking www.fortress-forever.com in the hostname insinuates that it's official. i suggest you stick the word 'unofficial' in there to suggest otherwise.

squeek. 06-21-2007 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mervaka
sticking www.fortress-forever.com in the hostname insinuates that it's official. i suggest you stick the word 'unofficial' in there to suggest otherwise.

He meant in the thread title (this is the second thread about this server, the first had 'unofficial' in it).

Hawk Eye 06-22-2007 12:26 AM

Thank ya squeek..

mervaka 06-22-2007 12:38 AM

oh right.. my bad :/

Contempt 06-22-2007 01:01 AM

Finally, someone does something useful.

417 06-22-2007 09:38 PM

I can see how having the URL for the FF site makes it seem somewhat official.

The whole reason for having the FF URL there though is to put it out there in the server list in hopes that people see it and check out the mod.

Input in regards to the name was asked in a previous thread and it's name was changed. If the developers want it changed then I'm sure they will me know.

When FF comes out I plan on running it of course and will probably run the URL in for at least six months to help further the mod.

Beetle 06-22-2007 09:43 PM

I doubt they will care what you name it. I prefer the website url on the name for the same reason you explained.

Ihmhi 06-23-2007 03:29 AM

Wow in the short time that has been up the stats are not that bad.

I say we get an organized effort to bring this server up into at least the top ten. I have to reinstall HL2 : DM but I will try to get on this server a lot more.

/me frees up some HD space

Sacrifist 06-24-2007 04:56 AM

or

you could just add hl2ctf ents to the maps so they can be somewhat played the way they are supposed to be played, as in capture the flag...

Beetle 06-24-2007 05:05 AM

that would be so slow it wouldnt be worth it, yea?

-=bingo-bango=- 06-25-2007 03:19 AM

if i remember correctly, he said ctf ents wont work with a plugin hes using

Sacrifist 06-25-2007 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beetle
that would be so slow it wouldnt be worth it, yea?

slow? hl2:ctf isnt slow lol. Average velocity is 500 or better. And if your referring to the time it takes to add the ctf ents, I can port your finished FF maps to ctf in 10 minutes each.

Beetle 06-25-2007 11:13 AM

nah, im referring to adding ctf ents to hl2dm.

stino 06-26-2007 02:33 PM

can't connect anymore:
Disconnect: Response timed out

never mind, works now, but eh restore default gravity :s
default gravity is 600 in hl2 not 800