Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Poll: Public CTF Structure (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=22242)

Bridget 11-06-2010 02:08 AM

Poll: Public CTF Structure

Which one of these would you rather see for public capture the flag?

Competitive CTF - This is pickup style CTF. Each team has their chance to attack and defend respectively in two fifteen minute rounds. The team with the most points at the end of the match wins, and the map is switched.

Round-Based CTF - Both teams are on offense and defense. A round ends when a team reaches a small capture limit. The first team to win so many rounds win, and the map is switched.

Cap-Based CTF - Both teams are on offense and defense. The first team to reach a large capture limit is considered the winner, and the map is switched.

Vanilla - This is how CTF is played now. There are no capture limits. There are no rounds. Itís just straight out capture the flag until the time runs out and the map switches. Only choose this if you prefer it over the above modes.

chilledsanity 11-06-2010 04:56 AM

Wouldn't "Cap-Based" not make sense at all since almost every CTF map is symmetrical and both teams are on O/D anyway?

Round based sound pretty good though.

EDIT:

Never mind, I was thinking you meant the SIDES were switched, not the map.

angrypyro 11-06-2010 05:32 PM

Isn't the only reason pickup games use Competitive CTF is that there aren't enough players? In a perfect world, they would be doing both attacking and defending since that is how the game is designed.

moosh 11-06-2010 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angrypyro (Post 477659)
Isn't the only reason pickup games use Competitive CTF is that there aren't enough players? In a perfect world, they would be doing both attacking and defending since that is how the game is designed.

This man speaks the truth. The correct way to play CTF in FF is in an 8v8 format.

WiFiDi 11-06-2010 08:16 PM

this has got to change capture the flag isn't fun enough as it is it needs more structure. also sentry's need more power this makes all classes usefull for attack. so either competitive which is a bit long 30 mins is along time. i voted for the round based, however there still should be an option for standard but i think if we have a structured mode the lower player count won't be such a problem and when the playercount goes up servers can switch it to regular ctf. the option is what we really need.

Ricey 11-07-2010 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosh (Post 477661)
This man speaks the truth. The correct way to play CTF in FF is in an 8v8 format.

well, 5v worked, still was boring, gogo 9v9!

Quote:

Originally Posted by angrypyro (Post 477659)

Bridget doesn't play FF, so he doesn't know how PickUp/Clan styled games work.

Skillet 11-07-2010 03:16 PM

Bridget is a girl ricey why you call her he!? Also scout needs nerfed, hw guy needs beefed, sniper needs binoculars he might have them already not sure. Or sniper should be able to laser targets for air strike. Medic needs more O power maybe speed or extra conc, and get rid of jumppad it's gimmicky. Go back to teleporters for engy instead. Caltrops for scout.

moosh 11-08-2010 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skillet (Post 477702)
Bridget is a girl ricey why you call her he!?

I hope you're being sarcastic.

oaties 11-08-2010 10:43 PM

The best way for the current amount of players would be a TFC style competative game. The map starts, and anyone can join either team, with unbalanced teams (3v4) having the more amount of players on defence (like TFC). If someone leaves you would just change teams to fill their spot. 30 minutes per map.

WiFiDi 11-09-2010 12:20 AM

i say a/d capture the flag round style would be best

thats my opinion

spambot2.1 11-09-2010 05:01 AM

anyone played the map water wheel in tfc?

once you spawn, players wanting to play offense go through a door clearly marked offense and players wanting to play defense go through a door clearly marked defense. Same for both teams so it forces o v d. decent concept i guess.

it will still turn to dm but atleast it makes it clear for newbs and its better than d vs d!