Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Maps (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   ff_murderball_nyro (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=12230)

NyRoNiC 10-08-2007 06:08 AM

ff_murderball_nyro

DOWNLOAD HERE(Winrar)
DOWNLOAD HERE(Winzip)

Original post

Let me start by saying to all you concers, don't worry I'm gonna finish conc_nyro :P

Anyway, I made a murderball style map. No its not a remake, just the same gameplay... 4 teams, a ball, lots of killing, etc.

Front of base:
http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/5...0002lh7.th.jpg

Inside:
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/5...0003ti3.th.jpghttp://img204.imageshack.us/img204/7...0004hs8.th.jpg

I just have a few entities that need fixing, and a few other tweaks here and there and it'll be ready for release.

Ihmhi 10-08-2007 06:33 AM

Oh, you are just going to make all the bases the same? Come on nyronic, your work is so good... make each base look unique somehow beyond colors and logos!

"This base looks the same as that other base" is so 1998. d:

Lt Llama 10-08-2007 07:16 AM

Whopping Nyroball for source :)

p.s. Its a fav on our Fun server ;)

Doompiggy 10-08-2007 07:18 AM

Damn it Nyro, stop being a good mapper!
(same post from CRU <3)

NyRoNiC 10-08-2007 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihmhi
Oh, you are just going to make all the bases the same? Come on nyronic, your work is so good... make each base look unique somehow beyond colors and logos!

"This base looks the same as that other base" is so 1998. d:

lol, well currently thats how it is cause I'm lazy, I dunno I guess I'll try to add some stuff as long as it doesn't change the layout :P

Changing every single texture and every single entity got annoying extremely quick. heh

Quote:

Originally Posted by LT Llama
Whopping Nyroball for source

p.s. Its a fav on our Fun server

Really? I didn't think anybody even played it...cause TFC seemed pretty much dead at the time(at least for me, everything with a decent ping either had full bots or ran 2fort 24/7). Wish I knew cause I would of loved to actually play my own map with other people, rofl.

Anyway, if you noticed any issues gameplay wise let me know now cause its basically the same :P

Lt Llama 10-08-2007 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NyRoNiC
Really? I didn't think anybody even played it...cause TFC seemed pretty much dead at the time(at least for me, everything with a decent ping either had full bots or ran 2fort 24/7). Wish I knew cause I would of loved to actually play my own map with other people, rofl.

nyroball is in the startupline of the server @ 85.114.140.42:1338.
Euro server so you might have a bad ping, around 160-180ish.
And it has been played a lot. Probably one of the most played and popular maps. I have a maprank system running and your map has had 1199 votes
where 687 voted GOOD, 303 OKAY and 209 BAD. That puts it on first place with most votes. On second place stealth_exe_v2 with 642 votes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NyRoNiC
Anyway, if you noticed any issues gameplay wise let me know now cause its basically the same :P

The upper levels are rarelly used except for snipers. But it seems what people enjoy is just the heavy battling inside the bases. Everything else is more or less transportation areas. If you want to make it more intense then make the yard smaller. It's the ultimate spamjoy map, maybe add some barrels to make the spamjoy even bigger. Pushing barrels to your base door and shoot them when enemy enters maybe?

NyRoNiC 10-08-2007 12:35 PM

yea upper levels will probably be deserted as usual then, its like that with most maps, like badlands sniper bunker things, wells "real" sniper section in the FF version cause the concway is right next to spawn, etc. I think if I add a ladder/hill/box or something in front of each base to get up there attackers would probably use it more then(since not everybody wants to waste hp rjumping/nading up)

But yeah very happy to hear the TFC version has been played alot. =)

diablo`- 10-08-2007 01:10 PM

remake conc_2v2 dammit!

most popular conc map ever on tfc! I learned ALL my basic conc skills on that map

Lt Llama 10-08-2007 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diablo`-
remake conc_2v2 dammit!

most popular conc map ever on tfc! I learned ALL my basic conc skills on that map

Most loved and most hated.

(sorry)

GambiT 10-08-2007 01:26 PM

nice looking map man...i cant wait to play it

Boogieman117 10-08-2007 01:39 PM

Keep working on this. Getting the old favorites out the door right now is more important than conc maps in my opinion. There are enough conc maps for right now. :p

It looks really sexy to me; can't wait to play it.

NyRoNiC 10-08-2007 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lt Llama
Most loved and most hated.

(sorry)

lol I know what you mean, its like that with any popular map. People overplay it to death and others get sick of it.

btw...since Ihmhi wanted some uniqueness to each base, heres red for now, yellow and green have like...1 thing each so they're still kinda plain, I'll post screenies once I add more to them. Blue will most likely remain the "plain" base.

http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/4...0006ny5.th.jpg

Don't worry, that hole on the plat to the right side of pic won't interrupt with SG building and stuff :P, Its all just decoration :)

A1win 10-08-2007 02:20 PM

"No we didn't have a drunk party last night, it's all just decoration."

Ihmhi 10-08-2007 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A1win
"No we didn't have a drunk party last night, it's all just decoration."

You need to put some empty beer bottles all around that base. You have to now.

Is there any way to draw the word "COCK" onto a HW's head? Would fit a party of that magnitude perfectly.

A1win 10-08-2007 02:28 PM

You can just edit the HWG texture and put it in the BSP using BSPzip. I changed the flag model sking like this for my map. :D

Actually you could even change the whole model like this if you had someone to make one. :rolleyes:

Doompiggy 10-08-2007 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A1win
Actually you could even change the whole model like this if you had someone to make one.

Speaking of models, I really wanna see the toon models back! :D

NyRoNiC 10-09-2007 05:00 AM

Alright everybody, the time for release is nearing. :)

I've probably done like 3 or 4 compiles so far that I thought would be my final ones, but always found more issues/bugs/exploits etc each time. Currently compiling the new "final", had to fix building the whole building an SG in the wall exploit this time, and a couple other things, so if everything goes good then the map will be finished.

Anyway, once its done gonna test everything and make sure everything is in working order once more. Then I should have a download link available later tonight if theres no problems. :)

NyRoNiC 10-09-2007 08:03 AM

rawr map is officially done and released, links are in first post. :)

Doompiggy 10-09-2007 08:19 AM

It's a trap! Nice work as usual Nyro, now get that concmap done!!

Ihmhi 10-09-2007 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasuke~!
It's a trap! Nice work as usual Nyro, now get that concmap done!!

I say wait for the new patch to come out so he can use those sweet player_disconnect etc. variables. d: