Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Communities, Leagues, Clans and Guilds (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   League play (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=24736)

>:[ 12-28-2014 04:42 PM

League play

First forum post, this Christmas blew my mind. I was a long time TFC player and used to league on UGC. I was heartbroken when TFC went away and super excited for FF. Of course this was like 10 or 11 years ago now and I stumbled across FF again just last week. Very exciting.

I'm nowhere near where I used to be but I've been playing on moto when I can find some people on. I'm hoping it's just the holiday season that has the servers primarily empty. :(

Are there any leagues or tournaments happening, or did I join the FF party too late? I read UGC had plans for a FF league in 2014, did that happen? Just trying to get a feel for the competitive community, I'd like to find a group of players to compete with but I'd settle for finding a group that just plays regularly. Guys still out there?

AirTrek 12-28-2014 09:16 PM

No league/clan play going on at the moment because the competitive (and general) population of the game is so small, but you're in luck, there's still some of us who play pickups on IRC. Server Quakenet channel #ff.pickup. ;)

>:[ 12-28-2014 09:39 PM

Thanks. I guess I'll go get IRC. Is there a typical time that you get together or do you just play when enough of you are around?

FDA_Approved 12-28-2014 09:44 PM

I'd say 6pm est is when we usually start. But it all depends on who's around sometimes it's more like 4pm.

Iggy 12-28-2014 11:31 PM

Also, since we're testing the greenlit version, that could bring lots of players in, and give us enough people for leagues. Be patient, and keep playing.

>:[ 12-30-2014 01:40 AM

Will definitely keep playing. I was following FF as it was being created, seeing the TFC map remakes and player models. Before it was released though life happened and I just kind of stopped following. I was blown away the first time I played FF because of the nostalgia and the great similarities. TFC was/is such a great game but for me it was the first game that I belonged to, if that makes sense. Played in leagues, belonged to a great online community of players, played with the same group over and over almost daily, it sucked when that ended. It would be great to go back there with FF.

hadez 12-30-2014 03:22 AM

we're always looking for new people to play with on #ff.pickup @ quakenet.org

like FDA says, anytime after 6PM EST, especially on the weekends.

more info @ http://ffpickup.com

also for any custom models/huds/materials you might be interested in:

http://sc.reddit.com/r/fortressforev..._customs_list/

&&

http://sc.reddit.com/r/fortressforev...m_list_part_2/

Iggy 12-30-2014 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by >:[ (Post 505902)
Will definitely keep playing. I was following FF as it was being created, seeing the TFC map remakes and player models. Before it was released though life happened and I just kind of stopped following. I was blown away the first time I played FF because of the nostalgia and the great similarities. TFC was/is such a great game but for me it was the first game that I belonged to, if that makes sense. Played in leagues, belonged to a great online community of players, played with the same group over and over almost daily, it sucked when that ended. It would be great to go back there with FF.

Yeah, I know the feeling quite well. In fact, I'm still playing with a TFC Community like that. Sure, it's a pub that only runs 2fort, but it's a damn fun pub.

Anyhow, welcome back to FF, and I hope to see you playing sometime!

>:[ 12-30-2014 04:03 AM

Thanks for all the help, great info. I actually just !add and am waiting for my first pickup to start right now. :thumbsup:

XPelargos 12-31-2014 01:55 AM

What would you like to be called? Sad/angry face? Sangry?

>:[ 12-31-2014 04:28 AM

I go by "Face" in game.

the_cake 12-31-2014 08:17 AM

teh_face (from li^)?

Iggy 12-31-2014 12:23 PM

I like "Sangry" better..... it sounds like "Sangria", which has alcohol in it.... like me.

:mrgreen:

>:[ 12-31-2014 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_cake (Post 505923)
teh_face (from li^)?

no.

When I played TFC I was with [BoPs], who was prevalent early, then a few off shoots from the OWOL community. This was all 9 or 10 years ago though, I would be surprised if anyone knew what that stuff is.

XPelargos 12-31-2014 07:56 PM

By the power invested in me by Iggy and Ethanol, I hereby dub you "sangry".

Now to make some Sangria for New Year's.

AAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YYYYYEEEAAAAHHHHH. :mrgreen:

Hope to play with you soon.

oaties 01-11-2015 04:28 AM

Hey face where have you been? You hopped in for a pickup a couple weeks ago and I haven't seen you since.

I'd love to see you again bro, get in #ff.pickup :]

eomoyaff 03-29-2015 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoon` (Post 507544)
^HeLL is ready to defend our championship whenever you guys are ready. kthnx.

- spoon, hadez, mafiaman, oreo, bees

Too soon bro. Too soon.

a lot of these players are still learning to bhop. Was considering getting a training server to teach people how to advance their game. You could totally be apart of this too. (Considering you're already eager to defend a title (which probably shouldn't exist anymore considering new player-base and update.))

Trust me, i'd love to see e0. Revived, but alot of these new players are either asking what grenade does what, or cracking fart jokes about Tf2. They're currently treating it like a tdm. So give it time or help us teach these players how the game works (if you haven't already. )

I know, it should be common sense. But there's potential in some of these guys.

Fruitcake 03-29-2015 05:51 AM

I would love a private server where you could take new players to teach them, with something like one on one mentoring. Taking new players to trimp training or just a normal map, and showing them movement.

GeoKill-----> 03-30-2015 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eomoyaff (Post 507567)
Too soon bro. Too soon.

a lot of these players are still learning to bhop. Was considering getting a training server to teach people how to advance their game. You could totally be apart of this too. (Considering you're already eager to defend a title (which probably shouldn't exist anymore considering new player-base and update.))

Trust me, i'd love to see e0. Revived, but alot of these new players are either asking what grenade does what, or cracking fart jokes about Tf2. They're currently treating it like a tdm. So give it time or help us teach these players how the game works (if you haven't already. )

I know, it should be common sense. But there's potential in some of these guys.

Completely agree!

Let's make this a reality starting with :e0: coming back to do this.

I seen the same, and there's lots of help needed on these servers.

Let's chat more about this on the weekend to get the ball rolling.