Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Other Games (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   L4D Thread (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=18211)

Credge 01-18-2009 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenday5494 (Post 421041)
wait... whats going on in credge's post

im really confused

oh and im not really playing l4d anymore. it was fun but needs much more depth imo. theres very little skill and such. i dunno. but there needs to be more depth. maybe i've been playing stalker too much :D

We got to the roof of NM5. I was the only one unpounced or untongued. I was also the only one with an m16, everybody else had an autoshotty. I freed a pounced victim, one who was close to the other pounced guy. I then turned and walked towards the smoker victim in the distance and began firing on him. The autoshotty user I freed did the same.

In the span of about half a second, this guy spammed his mic demanding I free him while the other guy dies. The other guy was the guy that was saving our ass. His clan mate, the one with the autoshotty who I freed, should have been the one to save him as I had the only m16 to reliably kill the smoker in a timely fashion.

When he got lippy I turned and shot his clan mate because they were cunty the entire game, and terrible to boot. If you bark orders to people, make sure they are good orders. Then, don't take the credit for things that people do. That ensures that you don't get shot in the face. By me. With an M16. While the other person stands there complaining.

And then you get added to my friends list and verbally abused.

greenday5494 01-19-2009 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Credge (Post 421092)
We got to the roof of NM5. I was the only one unpounced or untongued. I was also the only one with an m16, everybody else had an autoshotty. I freed a pounced victim, one who was close to the other pounced guy. I then turned and walked towards the smoker victim in the distance and began firing on him. The autoshotty user I freed did the same.

In the span of about half a second, this guy spammed his mic demanding I free him while the other guy dies. The other guy was the guy that was saving our ass. His clan mate, the one with the autoshotty who I freed, should have been the one to save him as I had the only m16 to reliably kill the smoker in a timely fashion.

When he got lippy I turned and shot his clan mate because they were cunty the entire game, and terrible to boot. If you bark orders to people, make sure they are good orders. Then, don't take the credit for things that people do. That ensures that you don't get shot in the face. By me. With an M16. While the other person stands there complaining.

And then you get added to my friends list and verbally abused.

basically thats how l4d's community is

i was on expert, blood harvest, expert, took a long time. every1 went ahead and there was one guy left in the saferoom, AFK i assume. i waited with him to come back. i was louis, he was zoey. when he finally came back, i said lets go. thenhe opend the door, i closed it, on purpose and said (thru voice command) No.
i thought it was funny and i said ok lets go. then about 3 feet out the door, he starts shooting me and killing me. he said "Yea you like screwing around huh!?" and proceeds to kill me. Then he votekicks me, but the retards in the game dont know how to read who the vote is for and i end up getting kicked for doing nothing and getting TKed.

Seriously wtf. is this CSS? oh and i've noticed lots more disgusting sprays in L4D than tf2. so i just turned em off.

zSilver_Fox 01-19-2009 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenday5494 (Post 421132)
basically thats how l4d's community is

i was on expert, blood harvest, expert, took a long time. every1 went ahead and there was one guy left in the saferoom, AFK i assume. i waited with him to come back. i was louis, he was zoey. when he finally came back, i said lets go. thenhe opend the door, i closed it, on purpose and said (thru voice command) No.
i thought it was funny and i said ok lets go. then about 3 feet out the door, he starts shooting me and killing me. he said "Yea you like screwing around huh!?" and proceeds to kill me. Then he votekicks me, but the retards in the game dont know how to read who the vote is for and i end up getting kicked for doing nothing and getting TKed.

Seriously wtf. is this CSS? oh and i've noticed lots more disgusting sprays in L4D than tf2. so i just turned em off.

No, you were just being an immature dick. Be a more mature one like me.

GeoKill-----> 01-19-2009 03:46 AM

I don't really play this game unless I got credge, mushy, skank, exo or jon around. Sometimes the spirit of Hank plays with us too.

Skanky Butterpuss 01-19-2009 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeoKill-----> (Post 421145)
I don't really play this game unless I got credge, mushy, skank, exo or jon around. Sometimes the spirit of Hank plays with us too.

same. its simply not fun relying on other people not to be fuckasses. and its especially fun when jon decides to be a fuckass (molotoving downed comrades, setting off car alarms, etc). ahhh, good times.

trepid_jon 01-19-2009 08:29 AM

What's great is that even when I'm trying not to set off car alarms, I still manage to set them off almost every single time. Even yesterday I jumped out of a window onto one of them. As I was falling, I thought "uh oh, wrong car" but it was too late...yeah...definitely too late.

Credge 01-19-2009 03:04 PM

I mainly enjoy versus because I can usually hold my own weight as both a survivor and an infected. Everyone else can go fuck off and drown.

That's about how I play.

Lost 02-17-2009 04:12 AM

$25!! If you ain't gots it, gets it!

GeoKill-----> 02-17-2009 06:56 AM

ya my friend just bought it cause of this

~kev~ 02-27-2009 04:01 PM

left 4 dead video flagged on youtube

Last night I decided to post a left 4 dead video on youtube. I launched steam, started l4d and started recording with fraps. The entire first part of l4d was recorded, where the team runs into the witch and then the tank.

The AVI was then converted to mpg - which reduced it from almost 200 megs to 70 megs - and uploaded to youtube.

Within minutes of being uploaded, the video was flagged as being owned by electronic arts EA. There was no background music, no nothing, just video of the game.

I deleted the video and sent valve tech support a question asking what the deal was. I also asked how I can get permission to upload l4d videos to youtube.

This is getting really sad. When someone can not even make a fan video of a game, something is wrong. Just think if EA or Valve decided to make youtube remove every game video of Fortress forever, TFC, half-life, half-life 2, l4d,,,,,,, :(

Sh4x 02-27-2009 04:14 PM

Maybe because your video was shit and gave a bad image of the game? I dunno...

Bridget 02-27-2009 04:35 PM

There was music on that video. It was provided by Audio Swap, though.

~kev~ 02-27-2009 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridget (Post 429192)
There was music on that video. It was provided by Audio Swap, though.

You might be thinking of a video I uploaded a few days ago. That one used the audio swap feature.

The video I uploaded last night did not have any extra audio added to it.

PartialSchism 02-27-2009 05:57 PM

Why not use vimeo or someone else? I think everyone knows by now YouTube is being Wee-Todd-Ed, so go somewhere less mentally-challenged.

Ihmhi 02-27-2009 10:57 PM

FF makes use of WeGame, Vimeo, Veoh, GameVee, Google Video, and a few other sites. Use those.

Demasu 02-27-2009 11:10 PM

It was flagged because EA says it doesn't want videos of its stuff if the person uploading it doesn't have written consent from them. I find it pretty simple to understand. Doesn't mean I like it, I've had a few videos taken down and one muted because of shit like that, but I understand why it happened even though I hate it.

Nelson340 02-28-2009 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demasu (Post 429271)
It was flagged because EA says it doesn't want videos of its stuff if the person uploading it doesn't have written consent from them. I find it pretty simple to understand. Doesn't mean I like it, I've had a few videos taken down and one muted because of shit like that, but I understand why it happened even though I hate it.

IMO, that's stupid. It's not an advertisement, EA! Nor is it stopping your plan for world domination!

im2cool4uroflolz 02-28-2009 01:47 PM

Nor is L4D involved in any way with EA.

Bridget 02-28-2009 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by im2cool4uroflolz (Post 429366)
Nor is L4D involved in any way with EA.

Left 4 Dead was distributed by Electronic Arts for retail sales.

I don't see how this gives them power to bar players from making recordings. You would expect only Valve to have that power. All EA did was distribute copies?

Well, I agree. It is total bullshit. You paid presumably $50.00 for a game and can't even make a fan video which obeys copyright laws. You can't enjoy in more than one sense something you paid for with your own damn money.

Companies like to talk about how the customer is ripping them off with illegal downloads and such, but fail to mention how they rip off their legitimate customers with such actions. It's like Gun Control. It only worsens the problem.