Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Maps (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   FF_Rock2 (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=14740)

DarkieJ 04-28-2008 06:10 PM

haha gambit the poker-addict:lol: yes it is very cool playing poker how good are you with it? I have lost 20 euro last weekend in a pub here i thought i was good pf,
but ot: i hope really someone will fix things up for you, The community needs this i think. But if you cant make it happen i won't blame it on you.

GambiT 04-28-2008 06:15 PM

it WILL happen, just a matter of win. my opinion is that this is one of the maps that could make or break FF, honestly. its not something i want to rush, but at the same time yes, we need it, bad.

i play poker at this bar in my town just'ah bout every wed and fri. we average about 27 - 28 ppl, how good i do depends on how drunk i am(honestly), i've had to start waiting until the game started before i started drinking, lol.

DarkieJ 04-28-2008 06:36 PM

haha:lol:.. Are you better when you are drunk?;)
I only play it when i got beer in my hand its part of my poker face!

its really fun to do with friends and if you play for a few euro's its even cooler to do. So you play it really often thats better.
I only play sometimes so its hard to win but i enjoy the game so who cares if you are the loser sometime.

its not something i want to rush <- Thats a really good thing just take u time and we will see,

GambiT 04-28-2008 06:47 PM

i play terribly when im drunk, i get impatient. i just enjoy playing to, i usually get bored with it after about 2 hours and start calling everything. we all put up $20, we're all friends, so we usually play down to 3 ppl and then split the pot.

i enjoy it more on-line though.

i won a 1.2 million pot last night, called somebody for 360,000(with pocket 10's), the flop came 10,10, ace, so i checked it and he went all-in, so i called him and busted his ass. he didnt even tell me bye before he left.

first hand i played in a tourny yesterday i had pocket 5's, 2 ppl called all-in, so i called'em. flop came ....,....., 5, then the turn was something(i dont remember) and the river was the forth 5.

i was on a roll yesterday, started the day with about 50,000 and when i got off last night i had about 1.1 million

Ihmhi 04-28-2008 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GambiT
forgot to add, i will be redoing the roof going around the yard, its to steep and you cannot build a sg there, i really really want to be able to build sg's on that roof. agree?

Yes, SGs on the roof are a must.

You can't build them there now? Is FF like TFC where you can build it if you do it from the side?

GambiT 04-28-2008 07:22 PM

no i've tried, i even tried changing it, i made the slope a 45 and still couldnt so i'm going to keep lowering it bit by bit until i get to where we can.

ensiform 04-28-2008 10:16 PM

I'd rather see more leniency on that, plus being able to build on smaller surfaces. IE: have it just check the position of the center point of the legs. Who cares if it looks unreal to have something partially floating? I want my sentry on lights. :evil:

GambiT 04-28-2008 11:06 PM

i know aftershock had said he wanted sg's to be able to sit more on the ledge of things, so maybe when that happens we'll be able to do more

פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ 05-02-2008 11:52 AM

I made some sketches for the keycard, but I can't find 'em anywhere, I'll be sure to pose 'em when they turn up!

GambiT 05-02-2008 09:43 PM

kewl man, thanks

Ihmhi 05-07-2008 10:55 PM

If someone textures/models keycards, please be sure to do it in the five colors: red, green, blue, yellow, and grey (neutral).

GambiT 05-19-2008 01:33 PM

small update just to let you know i started working on this again(a lil bit).

i found out the angle to be able to set a sg on the roof, unfortunately it doesnt look that good at such a small angle, but oh well. i started working on the wardens office side again, and i currently have a bunch of stuff to fix/change since adjusting the roof.

thats it for now..

Bully 05-19-2008 03:41 PM

This is good news

DarkieJ 05-25-2008 01:43 PM

you are the man :) ff_rock for the win

[AE] 82694 05-26-2008 07:24 PM

Well just for bragging rights the map is looking sweet. I was asked not to post screenies so just STFU now. But I would say the part that Gambit leaked to me is very nice.

It's the yard of one of the base's night them, very light precip, spot lights on two guard towers, I would have leaked some screenies any way but I'm missing a few custom textures so it just wouldn't do the map justice.

Did I mention I was getting about 80 to 90 fps with my little ati 9600?

Thats all for now I will leak more as I can.

KubeDawg 05-28-2008 03:28 PM

:O PROAST MOAR LEAKS!

DarkieJ 05-28-2008 10:32 PM

About ff_rock2

Its it ever going to happen now? Gambit stopped with it no problem Gambit;) But i only want to know if the devs really gonna pick this up.

Its one of the best maps of TFC so please some one port it or realease a new one of it.

- darkiej

GambiT 05-28-2008 10:48 PM

if they do i certainly hope Blister is the one to pick it up.

EDIT: nothing against the other mappers, i just really like his mapping style.

pF 05-28-2008 11:30 PM

If you're really stopping your work on rock2 (why is beyond me) would you hand over the vmf to somebody who is intent on finishing it?

GeoKill-----> 05-29-2008 04:55 AM

Gator said no :/