Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Other Games (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Team Fortress: Source (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=23599)

CaptainAhab 11-14-2012 04:23 PM

Team Fortress: Source

http://tfcommunity.com/forums/team-fortress-source-28/

Looks like the beginnings of, well, something. Looks like it will stick to TFC muuuuuch more than FF, while also being a Fortress Source mod.

FDA_Approved 11-14-2012 05:50 PM

I replied:
Quote:

Have you tried playing FF since it's release? It's actually quite nice now, and I think it garners a lot of undeserved and incredibly biased hate from people who haven't even given it a shot.
Ready for the hate.

Paft 11-14-2012 06:05 PM

It's going to look and play like a bag of shit isn't it. That is if it even makes it that far.

squeek. 11-14-2012 06:17 PM

Good luck to him.

This is totally frustrating, though:
Quote:

Originally Posted by BoX
So whatever happened to Fortress Forever? All that build-up and then blah on release. I was one of those people who was excited about it, pre-release. Then I played it and I was quickly unimpressed.

CaptainAhab 11-14-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FDA_Approved (Post 496634)
I replied:

Ready for the hate.

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/1...lameShield.jpg

CaptainAhab 11-14-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squeek. (Post 496636)
Good luck to him.

Indeed. :(

I would like to see it succeed, because after playing FF this is literally my favorite genre of any game, ever. Any games that even attempts it gets my support to some degree.

Fortress FPS sans-hats, as my friends call it. :-P

I feel like a lot of people played FF years ago and haven't played it recently.

FDA_Approved 11-14-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squeek. (Post 496636)
Good luck to him.

Agreed, and that in specific is what I replied to.

squeek. 11-14-2012 06:46 PM

Yeah, I don't get it. It's a surprisingly prevalent view in the TFC community (FF wasn't good at release therefore it still isn't good), even though it makes no sense whatsoever.

EDIT: Or perhaps he is being logical and he'll be recreating version 1.0 of TFC (didn't it have super-powered concs and uncapped bhop?).

CaptainAhab 11-14-2012 06:51 PM

Created a thread that be askin' dis very question. ;)

moosh 11-14-2012 06:57 PM

When I saw the title of this thread I thought someone was remaking qwtf for source. N00bz need to learn this once and for all:

Team Fortress - The original and legendary quake mod (aka QWTF).
Team Fortress Classic - A remake of Team Fortress on the GoldSrc engine that became its own thing after removing uncapped speed.
Fortress Forever - A remake of Team Fortress Classic on the Source engine that later became its own thing.

As for people hating on FF, they are just n00bz. His 2fort screenshots look sexy though. I was never a fan of ff's 2fort and its shitload of BLUE.

FDA_Approved 11-14-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

You are correct, sir! I have not played FF since right after it's release. Just wanted to reply to let everyone know I am not a FF hater, in case it seemed that way. In fact I nearly applied to work on the Mod with them. :) Actually, I think I will check it out again now, thanks! .. This reminds me, I should post some credentials.
lol?

Paft 11-14-2012 08:51 PM

:rolleyes:

NeonLight 11-14-2012 09:03 PM

Man those textures look so good... GOD I LOVE RUNNING ON SLIPPERY FLOORS. I don't get why the concrete/tiles look 'wet'.

Context: http://i.imgur.com/harEs.jpg

FDA_Approved 11-14-2012 09:12 PM

Lol, yeah I was thinking the same thing.

CaptainAhab 11-14-2012 09:35 PM

I hope this mod succeeds and I wish it the best of luck -- will be following its progress -- but people who are bashing FF who have not played it recently should try it again before giving an opinion on its current state, in all honesty.

"It sucked at launch, therefore it will suck forever. It was buggy and had lots of lag, I'm sure those bugs and lag haven't been fixed in about 5 years." :rolleyes:

Paft 11-14-2012 09:49 PM

Will be interesting to follow, although I expect very little. Seems kinda pointless now. Source is showing its age. It will never play exactly like TFC either.

Paft 11-16-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosh (Post 496642)
When I saw the title of this thread I thought someone was remaking qwtf for source. N00bz need to learn this once and for all:

Team Fortress - The original and legendary quake mod (aka QWTF).
Team Fortress Classic - A remake of Team Fortress on the GoldSrc engine that became its own thing after removing uncapped speed.
Fortress Forever - A remake of Team Fortress Classic on the Source engine that later became its own thing.

As for people hating on FF, they are just n00bz. His 2fort screenshots look sexy though. I was never a fan of ff's 2fort and its shitload of BLUE.

Shouldn't it be "Team Fortress Classic: Source"?

Quote:

-BoX
A good question! In fact the name was going to be TFC: Source. However, after careful thought, we realized that it would actually be technically incorrect for the following reason: Consider the 'franchise' history as a whole. The original game for the Quake engine was Team Fortress. The addition of the word 'Classic' has been a staple giving specific credence to the Goldsource engine.
While we do aim to make this mod similar to TFC in many respects, it will be it's own game. So instead of referring to it as "TFC on the Source engine", leaving the word Classic out will more appropriately refer to the mod as "Team Fortress, on a third engine".
Edit: FF much?

KubeDawg 11-16-2012 11:43 PM

Wasn't TFC originally called TF 1.5, then changed to TF Classic when the update came out that included the map Casbah and new player models?

ian.de 11-17-2012 02:59 AM

Yeah I wonder if this guy's time would be better spent making maps and models for FF instead of trying to port TFC... He's only a month in on the project, perhaps we can get him over here.

KubeDawg 11-17-2012 03:23 AM

According to a post he made on moddb a while back, that's not true.

He has a list of everything he's completed somewhere, but I can't seem to find the post now. Apparently he's gotten pretty far with it and I say kudos to him for trying.