Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Maps (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   (Beta) ff_rock2_qnd [Updated 22th Jan/Beta8 release] (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=20496)

Pon 08-28-2009 12:21 AM

ff_rock2_qnd [Updated 22th Jan/Beta8 release]

ff_rock2_qnd - A Quick and Dirty port of Rock2

UPDATED! 6 shots from beta7 (click to enlarge in new window):

http://www.dcpaterson.ukfsn.org/rock...qnd_b7_tb1.jpghttp://www.dcpaterson.ukfsn.org/rock...qnd_b7_tb2.jpghttp://www.dcpaterson.ukfsn.org/rock...qnd_b7_tb3.jpg
http://www.dcpaterson.ukfsn.org/rock...qnd_b7_tb4.jpghttp://www.dcpaterson.ukfsn.org/rock...qnd_b7_tb5.jpghttp://www.dcpaterson.ukfsn.org/rock...qnd_b7_tb6.jpg

LATEST DOWNLOAD ( Beta 8 ): >> HERE <<

Updated/Fixed this version ( b8 ):
  • Gas hurting people fixed ( broken in b7 )
  • Announcer voices fixed ( also broken in b7 )

Updated/Fixed last version ( b7 ):
  • Keycard added! Thanks to Dr. Satan for the model, and CrazyCarl for the propper tool that it was compiled with!
  • Various texturing changes and fixes
  • Foyer lifts are no longer team owned [experimental change!]

So, yeah, I decided to port Rock2. Originally this just started as me doing the lua for when Gambit got chance to finish his remake, but I figured I might as well port the map as well.

Anyways, since Gambit's doing his remake, and I don't really want to step on any toes, I figured just doing a quick and dirty port would be good enough for now. Don't expect the map itself to be much more than functional. But, It will be playable.

Anyways, still got a few things to clear up Lua wise, so probably tommorow I'll get round to having a beta test, though thats really more for the Lua than the actual map.

Thanks to the playtesters who have helped with getting the map into shape - bully, ricey cake, ostrich eggs, that evil bastard with a mustache (squeek. :D), gwarsbane, TheGame, g00se, Epidemic, and Partial (also for the use of his server), and a few others who I forget, sorry :(

Special thanks to Dr. Satan for the keycard model, and CrazyCarl, who'se propper tool made it possible :)

__________________________________________________ __
Beta8 known issues:
  • Suits are now masks. No glow effect, but gasmask is shown above wearer's head. Unless glow is added, cannot fix I guess.

__________________________________________________ __
OLD VERSIONS:

Beta 1 | Beta 2 | Beta 3 | Beta 4 | Beta 5 | Beta 6 | b7 broken

Ricey 08-28-2009 12:24 AM

Gambit is gonna chop of ya dick!

Pon 08-28-2009 12:26 AM

No!

Better not release this then.

zE 08-28-2009 01:19 AM

dont listen to ricey :P , give us rock2, anyway his version seems polished, ur is just a port for plp to have fun till the proper version cames out, i dont see a problem with that. Look at ksour, destroy 2fort they all had previous port versions : )

Want to build sgs in the water so bring it on!!

Pon 08-28-2009 02:52 AM

I wasn't being serious zE :)

But yeah, thats the idea behind doing this. That, and getting the Lua for this style of map out there for other mappers to use.

PartialSchism 08-28-2009 02:53 AM

And then.....

:mrgreen:

zE 08-28-2009 03:02 AM

btw just saw the pictures lol, and the texturing looks good : D, good job

Firefox11 08-28-2009 01:22 PM

Nice!

And now you can get to work on Cilento again! =p

Bully 08-28-2009 03:29 PM

Just had a quick blast on this and

IT ROCKS !! :p

KubeDawg 08-28-2009 04:39 PM

w00t! i think it's about time to start playing again.

Pon 08-28-2009 09:21 PM

Beta 1 released! Link in the first post.

thiz 08-28-2009 09:33 PM

We finally have a rock2 :)

Pon 08-28-2009 09:34 PM

Yep.

BTW, I'm now gonna call you Lomax instead of thiz.

DarkieJ 08-28-2009 09:54 PM

WOW!
cant wait to play this online, Do you got a model of a key or something? When i saw this map on lan i really thougth of the good old times in tfc haha nice.

Hope there will come more maps when ff_rock2(dev) is finshed always loved the theme

Pon 08-28-2009 10:03 PM

No key, unfortunatly. I just used a flag for now. Ricey's working on getting me the TFC model though :)

DarkieJ 08-28-2009 10:09 PM

haha really cool rock2 is the best:mrgreen: How hard is it to port a map from tfc to ff?

Pon 08-28-2009 10:13 PM

Ahh, I guess it depends. Rock2, while big, wasn't really that complex, so this was pretty easy, even though I started from scratch (no decompile).

A map like, say, dustbowl, would be a bit more aukward to do, I'd think.

PartialSchism 08-29-2009 12:53 AM

My name is Partial, and I approve this map, and this alternative link for DOWNLOAD. ( I just hope Pon does too. ;) )

Great map, Thank you so much Pon.

Bridget 08-29-2009 12:59 AM

Congratulations on becoming the savior of FF.

Pon 08-29-2009 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PartialSchism (Post 448395)
My name is Partial, and I approve this map, and this alternative link for DOWNLOAD. ( I just hope Pon does too. ;) )

Great map, Thank you so much Pon.

Sure, more mirrors the better. I'll add it to the OP when I'm not stuck on the crappy PS3 browser :P

Is it the updated b1? I made some lua changes since the playtest on your server,

Pon 08-29-2009 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridget (Post 448396)
Congratulations on becoming the savior of FF.

I couldn't have done it without.... myself. ;)

PartialSchism 08-29-2009 01:35 AM

Yea, uploaded the old one first then I learned how to read... :mrgreen:

Pon 08-29-2009 01:36 AM

:D

Ricey 08-29-2009 02:13 AM

[OT]The Game just told me that both red and blue front doors weren't working properly, they would open half way and then stop.

Pon 08-29-2009 02:20 AM

Hmm, not seen that happen on other servers, possibly it might be some sort of interference from a plugin?

I have seen the prematch plugin (i think, forget exactly:() produce some odd effects on maps that work fine otherwise, but I dunno if thats still a potential problem anymore.

Ricey 08-29-2009 02:22 AM

It wasn;t during prematch, so. I also don't know what plugins scuzzy is running besides scuzztools. I dont see how that plugin would effect the door.

Pon 08-29-2009 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricey (Post 448409)
It wasn;t during prematch, so. I also don't know what plugins scuzzy is running besides scuzztools. I dont see how that plugin would effect the door.

Yeah, I guess so. But then I dont see why it would only happen on the OT server...

Bah :(

Scuzzy 08-29-2009 05:16 PM

I did download from Ricey's link in a PM. ;) Issue with LUA maybe?

People said it was working fine, maybe it just started to happen mid-way through the map?

Scuzzy 08-29-2009 05:41 PM

Just played it for a while and it was fine, everyone said that every time they've played it's been fine.

Two things they mentioned, they'd like the search lights back and something about a grenade pack that was missing outside the spawns... not sure where/what that one was.

Scuzzy

Ricey 08-29-2009 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scuzzy (Post 448449)
Just played it for a while and it was fine, everyone said that every time they've played it's been fine.

Two things they mentioned, they'd like the search lights back and something about a grenade pack that was missing outside the spawns... not sure where/what that one was.

Scuzzy

b2 should have searchlights if pon ISNT SLACKING!!! b3, i'll have the signage to him.

Pon 08-29-2009 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scuzzy (Post 448448)
I did download from Ricey's link in a PM. ;) Issue with LUA maybe?

People said it was working fine, maybe it just started to happen mid-way through the map?

It can't have been an Lua issue, the door in question is a basic touch activated func_door - not tied to Lua in any way in b1 (though it is now in b2, activation triggers so it opens before you touch).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scuzzy (Post 448449)

Scuzzy

b1 was a general mechanics test and little more. As ricey said, b2 does have searchlights, and they're working perfectly :)

Not sure about the grenade pack. As far as I recall, there was only one per team (in the spawn on the side of the base with the key), and that's in.

Scuzzy 08-29-2009 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pon (Post 448454)
It can't have been an Lua issue, the door in question is a basic touch activated func_door - not tied to Lua in any way in b1 (though it is now in b2, activation triggers so it opens before you touch).

Yeah, couldn't be LUA if they are standard. I got nothing my man, I did tell everyone that if it happens again they are to all swear so we know the time of the occurance and I can check the logs for any plugin/server issues. As soon as I said that the entire server began to laugh about what a mess that'll be. :)

Scuzzy

Quote:

b1 was a general mechanics test and little more. As ricey said, b2 does have searchlights, and they're working perfectly :)

Not sure about the grenade pack. As far as I recall, there was only one per team (in the spawn on the side of the base with the key), and that's in.

Concur on the packs, I couldn't think of where he was thinking... I told him to post here.

Scuzzy

Pon 08-29-2009 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scuzzy (Post 448455)
... I did tell everyone that if it happens again they are to all swear so we know the time of the occurance and I can check the logs for any plugin/server issues. As soon as I said that the entire server began to laugh about what a mess that'll be. :)

Gotta be there for that happening :)

Ricey 08-29-2009 07:40 PM

Quote:

SLACKER!!!!

Pon 08-29-2009 08:30 PM

Beta 2 released!

Info in original post.

Bridget 08-29-2009 08:43 PM

OBJECTIVE ICONS PLZ

zE 08-29-2009 08:58 PM

nice, now water isnt transparent so u can lame around in water as ng or spy :D

Scuzzy 08-29-2009 09:23 PM

updated on [o-t].

Pon 08-30-2009 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridget (Post 448469)
OBJECTIVE ICONS PLZ

Beta 3. Maybe. :)

Ricey 08-30-2009 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pon (Post 448481)
Beta 3. Maybe. :)

get on steam before i start watching Ghost In The Shell!