Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Maps (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   (Beta) ff_rock2_qnd [Updated 22th Jan/Beta8 release] (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=20496)

Gwarsbane 08-30-2009 03:17 PM

So far so good, the map looked pretty good. Brings back many memories. I played beta 1 on OT things seemed to work good.

I didn't see any of the safe suits but I think I heard someone say that they weren't working or something. I can't confirm that though. Diving in the water worked like always. :)

It took me a bit to remember where everything was. lol

Dr.Satan 08-30-2009 04:35 PM

very nice man!

Like I said in-game, darken up the yard a bit so that the lights are a little more noticeable.

Other than that the only complaints I have are:
  • the lockers you climb when you exit the underground, to get up to the balcony; The space between the 2nd and 3rd is a pain to get right if your trying to trimp up the bench. Not sure if that's intentional tho.
  • locations

Pon 08-30-2009 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwarsbane (Post 448502)
I didn't see any of the safe suits but I think I heard someone say that they weren't working or something. I can't confirm that though. Diving in the water worked like always. :)

They work... they're just masks, and a faily small model in comparison to the compartment. I may change it to a smaller glass compartment that moves the mask out when opened. And put in a light there too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Satan (Post 448506)
  • the lockers you climb when you exit the underground, to get up to the balcony; The space between the 2nd and 3rd is a pain to get right if your trying to trimp up the bench. Not sure if that's intentional tho.
  • locations

Lighting: I actually turned up the enviro light in this beta from b1 :). I may put it back to b1 levels for b3.

Lockers: Kinda intentional. Trimping makes it faster to get up, which can be real handy for the gasmask in the area in a pinch - only fair it's made a little more difficult to pull off successfully I think :). It gets easier with practice.

Locations: I've never actually added locations to any of my maps yet :P. Doesn't look too difficult, but then, not a massive priority. Will likely be in for the final release.

Iggy 08-30-2009 06:54 PM

Each team does have 2 nade bags. The one in the "main" spawn by the library, and the other is on the opposite side toward the gas chamber. You enter that side from the yard, turn left, go around the corner, and left through the door, it should be behind the wall to your right. I can post a screenshot if needed.

Pon 08-30-2009 07:08 PM

The bag just before the stairs up to the second cellblock?

I always though that was just a bag... must be getting old and senile :P

EDIT: checked tfc, yeah, know which one you mean.

GambiT 08-31-2009 09:20 PM

lol, glad their busting your balls and not mine!

i wouldnt "cut ya balls off", you didnt try and make an official one, you just made one for the masses to play. i'd like to play it!

i havent been online at home in almost a year, i went to get on about 3 weeks ago and my PSU is burnt up, BUT i'm not in school anymore sooooo, soon.

not a day goes by i dont think about what im going to do with certain parts(the few parts i havent gotten to already) of the map.

there is alot more of the map made than ya'll think, just never posted SS's.

Pon 08-31-2009 09:24 PM

Yeah, taken the heat off you a little bit I guess, looking at how your rock2 topic has been going lately :)

As I've said before, the map is a side effect of me doing the Lua for the game mode. Just figured the best way to test it works and it up to scratch is to have an actual map to play it on ;)

But yeah, the Lua will be done for when you finally get chance to finish up your map, Gambit. Thats really been the main focus of this little project for me.

Iggy 08-31-2009 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pon (Post 448521)
The bag just before the stairs up to the second cellblock?

I always though that was just a bag... must be getting old and senile :P

EDIT: checked tfc, yeah, know which one you mean.

Any help I can be. I LOVE me some rock2!!

treateD 09-01-2009 12:47 PM

nice map for pubs

Ricey 09-01-2009 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GambiT (Post 448622)
lol, glad their busting your balls and not mine!

i wouldnt "cut ya balls off", you didnt try and make an official one, you just made one for the masses to play. i'd like to play it!

i havent been online at home in almost a year, i went to get on about 3 weeks ago and my PSU is burnt up, BUT i'm not in school anymore sooooo, soon.

not a day goes by i dont think about what im going to do with certain parts(the few parts i havent gotten to already) of the map.

there is alot more of the map made than ya'll think, just never posted SS's.

Damn it Gambit, stop ninja vanishing!

GambiT 09-05-2009 11:38 PM

i'm vanishing even more now, some of you know i work for the government and well, i've spent to much time on this website(and a few others) and they have blocked them, lol.

so until i fix my comp at home you wont see me on.

anyway, going fishing and froggin, lata!

Pon 09-14-2009 11:53 PM

Beta 3 released!

See the original post for info.

Pon 10-04-2009 08:02 PM

Beta 4 released!

See the original post for info.

ian.de 10-04-2009 11:32 PM

looks really good, im sure ill be playing this in TALOS. Good work man

Ricey 10-07-2009 11:43 PM

Quote:

'Key' is actually a flag, since there's no key model. Might change when Ricey gets off his Ass and does one like he promised

oops:mrgreen:

Pon 10-08-2009 12:26 AM

You finally noticed that! :D

Ricey 10-08-2009 12:27 AM

Who is this Ricey person? :>

Pon 10-08-2009 12:32 AM

Some lazy bastard who messages me on Steam sometimes, often for no apparent reason.... ;)

Dr.Satan 10-08-2009 06:53 AM

I say fuck this lazy Ricey person, you should do it yourself with propper!

thiz 10-08-2009 11:28 AM

We kinda broke this map yesterday, capping the key at simultaneously seems to cause the gas green screen/noise to stay after the gas is released. When you die the green goes away, but the noise stays.