Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Other Games (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Super Smash Bros. Brawl (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=15043)

Nezumi 03-11-2008 10:13 AM

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Now that the game's out, there should be a new thread to replace the anticipatory thread. :)
Everyone post your codes!

Fried codes:
Nezumi: 0688-4971-3591
GeoKill: 4468-0666-0609
Dragonjojo: 4425-1274-0814
Constipated Zombie: 1762-4297-8696

To find your code: Connect to Nintendo WFC in ssbb, go to 'with friends' then 'friend roster'

So, Brawl is awesome. Seriously.

Me and my friend spent all sunday and monday playing. We've got all the characters unlocked. The Subspace Emmisary is REALLY long. Some of the boss fights (including the last one) are kinda retarded but it was pretty neat anyway.

Most importantly, except for his down+B getting nerfed, falco is almost entirely the same. You can't fall so quickly by pressing down in the air, which takes some getting used to, but Falco still rules. I'm also happy because Lucario is AWESOME. I mean, seriously awesome. I love playing Lucario. Pokechu trainer is good, although charizard is a little lame, Meta Knight is great. ROB is superb. Ice Pirates seem the same except that they're a lot stronger (I think), which is good. The game does seem a little better balanced than the last Smash, thank god. There's a bunch more characters I'm going to have to play more, especially characters I wished were better from previous games like Link and Luigi.

I just miss poor poor Dr. Mario :cry:

uBeR 03-11-2008 03:51 PM

OK. I used to play Smash Bros for N64 all the time. Lets just say I couldn't be beaten when I was Samus. But it was pretty much one of the best games ever made, probably a top 5 N64 game. I played a little bit of the Smash Bros for Game Cube, but not really.

Playing for the Wii, I realized they totally downgraded Samus (probably because they knew I owned with her so much). But they totally raped Samus. She's not even worth playing anymore. You lose your suit when you do your special and you basically become useless. Plus you when you get another after going zero suit, you only get your suit back and no attack. Lame. Also, even a fully charged blast doesn't do much damage anymore. Lame.

Ike is pretty good though.

Desyphur 03-11-2008 03:56 PM

My god Luigi is so awesome. I mainly played him, Snake and Ike.

I enjoyed Samus though, she still had some power in her suit with her smashes. But I just didn't how to pay ZSS

Etzell 03-11-2008 05:36 PM

I really like Snake. I'm slightly upset that you don't get as much air control after a dodge, but that's just something I'll have to get used to.

Anyone else find Wiimote+Nunchuk to be an outstanding controller scheme?

Everything 03-11-2008 06:32 PM

I need to get a Wii, and this game. Seriously. :cry:

Desyphur 03-11-2008 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Etzell
I really like Snake. I'm slightly upset that you don't get as much air control after a dodge, but that's just something I'll have to get used to.

I used the gamecube controller. =/

Anshinritsumai 03-11-2008 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny
I need to get a Wii, and this game. Seriously. :cry:

Indeed I concur =/

Dr.Satan 03-11-2008 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anshinritsumai
Indeed I concur =/

I have a wii, but no money I have to wait til I go to my little brothers house on thursday to play :cry:

But yes, yes you both do...the wii is awesome!

Everything 03-11-2008 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Satan
I have a wii, but no money I have to wait til I go to my little brothers house on thursday to play :cry:

But yes, yes you both do...the wii is awesome!

I just don't have any money, i'ma poor!
Birfday is 4 months away D:

Nezumi 03-12-2008 02:12 AM

Arg! The stupid LCD tv I have the wii hooked up to has a delay in it, so all the controller inputs lag by like 1/8 of a second. This makes smash totally unplayable.

Is there any other solution besides dragging my 8-ton tv up from the garage?

Jiggles 03-12-2008 02:39 AM

Try looking for a "game" mode on the TV. Otherwise, you're probably screwed unless you care to buy an expensive pre-processing box.

For anyone that is curious, see here and here.

GeoKill-----> 03-12-2008 02:33 PM

The Pikmin guy sucks so bad.

Link got Nerfed :(
Snake is good.
Gamecube control ftw
Friend Code - 4468-0666-0609

Jiggles 03-12-2008 06:06 PM

Also, make sure you are running in the Wii's highest output resolution (I think that's 480p?) mode (w/ component cables), because upconverting from 480i can add some delay as well.

Firefox11 03-12-2008 11:54 PM

Lucky you guys. It'll be a few months before Brawl gets to Europe.

But well, we will get two games earlier to compensate! The... bleh. Mediocre and unpopular Mario Kart, which got a sequel for the Wii, it seems they want to kill the console; and THE BEST GAME EVER!! WII FIT!! AWESOMENESS!! </sarcasm>

;D

Jiggles 03-13-2008 12:16 AM

Mario Kart seems pretty popular around here. I liked the Super Nintendo version, but I haven't been a big fan of the subsequent ones.

GeoKill-----> 03-13-2008 04:06 AM

Post your Friend Codes

Desyphur 03-13-2008 04:39 PM

I don't has one.

Pikmin guy was FUN, but yeah...weak. His UP B was AMAZING though.

GeoKill-----> 03-13-2008 06:30 PM

You don't have your Wii connected to the internet? If you do then you do have a friend code.

Jiggles 03-13-2008 06:51 PM

I'll get mine when I get a chance, but I've been real busy lately. Maybe next week or something.

SizeableSSonic 03-13-2008 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Etzell

Without a doubt. It feels good to be able to move your two hands about freely, while still having the feeling of a gamepad.

I still mainly play Kirby, but I find Meta Knight, R.O.B., and Snake to be all excellent characters as well.