Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Communities, Leagues, Clans and Guilds (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   A 2v League (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=22781)

homie in reboks' 06-27-2011 02:28 PM

A 2v League

Hi, I'm homie.

I would like to see Fortress Forever grow because I enjoy playing it. Since I can't map, advertise, make videos, buy a server, or whatever. I wanted to try and start a 2v league. I've lurked around the forums a bit and saw that it has been mentioned in the past. I like the idea of it.

I just wanted to start a thread to gauge the interest of the FF community, and see how many people would be willing to participate in a 2v league. If there's enough interest I'd be happy to invest my time and effort into trying to start one.

So, how about it?

episkopos 06-27-2011 02:32 PM

Leagues in the past have failed because people have failed to turn up and play the arranged matches.

That being said, as long as the matches are at sensible times for Europeans, I'll sign up.

homie in reboks' 06-27-2011 02:36 PM

My idea was to have it all done between the teams.

Teams would have an entire week to play their match. As long as the two teams get together sometime during the week and play both matches, it's all kosher.

KubeDawg 06-27-2011 02:36 PM

I am definitely interested.

episkopos 06-27-2011 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homie in reboks' (Post 486621)
My idea was to have it all done between the teams.

Teams would have an entire week to play their match. As long as the two teams get together sometime during the week and play both matches, it's all kosher.

And then people don't bother to arrange it and the entire thing falls apart. :P

homie in reboks' 06-27-2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by episkopos (Post 486627)
And then people don't bother to arrange it and the entire thing falls apart. :P

That would happen either way. I can't force someone to play. It takes a community to have a community. If I could run a league with just me I would. But I have to depend on other people to do their part. Even if it's as small as playing the game :/

episkopos 06-27-2011 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homie in reboks' (Post 486633)
That would happen either way. I can't force someone to play. It takes a community to have a community. If I could run a league with just me I would. But I have to depend on other people to do their part. Even if it's as small as playing the game :/

Sure. Just saying, people in the past have tried and failed. Maybe it will work out this time, who knows. :)

homie in reboks' 06-27-2011 03:55 PM

We'll see :D It's worth a shot maybe.

Dexter 06-28-2011 02:39 AM

2v2 is a lot more feasible too i think. gamers are such babbies these days anyway

squeek. 06-28-2011 03:06 AM

This was the exact setup of the 2v2 FF.PL (the teams had a week to play their matches; they could schedule when to play it themselves but there was also a default time if no time was agreed upon). But no one played their matches and it died.

If you want to try it again, you can use the FF.PL site if you want.

Dexter 06-28-2011 03:21 AM

ooh yeah :S getting 2 people is off rimits i guess

homie in reboks' 06-28-2011 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squeek. (Post 486689)
This was the exact setup of the 2v2 FF.PL (the teams had a week to play their matches; they could schedule when to play it themselves but there was also a default time if no time was agreed upon). But no one played their matches and it died.

If you want to try it again, you can use the FF.PL site if you want.

That would be amazing to use that site, but it seems like interest is minimal :/

CHURCHMOUTH 06-29-2011 01:55 AM

ill play 1 2v2 match a week for sure. everyone that posts on this forum more than 5 times should be ashamed of themselves if they cant donate 30 minutes to an hour of their time once a week for the good of the world.

Raynian 06-29-2011 04:59 AM

It's more a case of "I fucking hate ofire and plasma", and there aren't many 2v2 maps other than that - and even fewer that people actually ever play. Myth is meh, r123 and xpress are fun to mess around on, but not actually play a match with...sd2 is good. That's all I can really think off of the top of my head.

CHURCHMOUTH 06-29-2011 05:11 AM

schtop

episkopos 06-29-2011 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHURCHMOUTH (Post 486768)
ill play 1 2v2 match a week for sure. everyone that posts on this forum more than 5 times should be ashamed of themselves if they cant donate 30 minutes to an hour of their time once a week for the good of the world.

Not everyone enjoys competitive play.

homie in reboks' 06-29-2011 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raynian (Post 486784)
It's more a case of "I fucking hate ofire and plasma", and there aren't many 2v2 maps other than that - and even fewer that people actually ever play. Myth is meh, r123 and xpress are fun to mess around on, but not actually play a match with...sd2 is good. That's all I can really think off of the top of my head.

Well here was my idea for the map rotation. (Honestly, I think it's stupid how exclusive people want 2v maps to be.) I thought about inserting wildcard maps into the season rotations to try and mix things up a bit. Of course the majority of maps played would be 2vish, but I think it would be fun if you had to play 2v Dropdown, Stowaway, Duality, Hellion, etc. Even though I know these maps aren't 2v. It would be a nice change of pace from playing Borefire for the 25th time. Of course, everyone may hate this idea and protest via absence :(

Raynian 06-29-2011 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHURCHMOUTH (Post 486785)
schtop

From a pile of shit to a whole damn sewage plant.

Dr. eXpl0si0n 06-29-2011 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raynian (Post 486804)
From a pile of shit to a whole damn sewage plant.

omgz lies :shock:

Icculus 06-29-2011 07:13 PM

I'd be willing to give it a try.

-Icculus