Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Chat (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Read a book! (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=10215)

zSilver_Fox 08-14-2007 06:34 AM

Read a book!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rN2VqFPNS8w

To racist morons like Uber, don't bother watching it, given that you think that EVERYONE IS PERFECTLY EQUAL AND THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS RACIAL TRENDS.

But otherwise, first good messaged hip-hop song I've heard in a long while.

Loader 08-14-2007 10:15 AM

Technically, everyone is equal, or has the chance to be.

Zydell 08-14-2007 10:32 AM

I think everyone is equivalent, not equal. If we were all equal than we wouldn't have a reason to become a racist or bully people. What racists may not accept is that (for example Belgium people) are equal in terms of ‘value’ in regards to for example Dutch people. Doesn't mean they're equal though.. hell those crazy Belgs can't even decide if they want to be french-, or dutch-speaking :D.

Ihmhi 08-14-2007 05:59 PM

IT'S CALLED SPEED STICK
IT'S NOT EXPENSIVE
IT'S CALLED SPEED STICK
IT'S NOT EXPENSIVE

Eh heh heh heh...

tu! 08-14-2007 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zSilver_Fox
But otherwise, first good messaged hip-hop song I've heard in a long while.

wtf are you listening too...the radio or something?

the classics will never be seen/heard on the mainstream media.

Suite307 08-14-2007 06:37 PM

tu! listens to shit, it's common knowledge.

Morons aside. This song is pretty hilarious.

tu! 08-14-2007 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suite307
tu! listens to shit, it's common knowledge.

Morons aside. This song is pretty hilarious.

if by funny u mean boring. so true.

zSilver_Fox 08-14-2007 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tu!
wtf are you listening too...the radio or something?

the classics will never be seen/heard on the mainstream media.

I'm aware of the classics, and I have much respect for real, true to the tradition hip-hop. However, this song is the best to ever gone mainstream.

squeek. 08-14-2007 10:58 PM

Quote:

To racist morons like Uber, don't bother watching it, given that you think that EVERYONE IS PERFECTLY EQUAL AND THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS RACIAL TRENDS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dictionary
rac·ism [rey-siz-uhm] –noun
1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

uBeR 08-14-2007 11:04 PM

Huh? I'm racist because I understand that race is a social construct? But go ahead, keep believing people of different ethnicities shouldn't have sex, like NuK3m. You'll just be another dumb fuck that can be ignored (as if you aren't already).

squeek. 08-14-2007 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uBeR
Huh? I'm racist because I understand that race is a social construct? But go ahead, keep believing people of different ethnicities shouldn't have sex, like NuK3m. You'll just be another dumb fuck that can be ignored (as if you aren't already).

He obviously doesn't understand the term 'racist.' Hopefully my last post straightened him out.

zSilver_Fox 08-15-2007 12:02 AM

Racism is the belief that your race is superior, or the repression of another because of race. However, it's just as ignorant to assume that there's no such thing as cultural differences that are affected by race.

Then again Uber, you also believe that we're the sole reason why the WORLD IS GOING TO FUCKING END, so I'm not surprised. Live real life for once, not a sheltered load of spoonfed bullshit.

I know several black people who are very well off and respectable. However, I do believe that race has an affect on culture and a person's upbringing based on todays world. If a white woman wants to have sex with a black man, go ahead. If it's vice versa, go ahead. I don't care what others do in bed. I've been through enough shit to know that race is a factor in some parts of a person's life, whether due to society or genetic reasons.

I believe that everyone is equal in terms of deserved rights. However, I do believe that people vary, and race can be a major factor.

Now excuse me, I peed my pants at the thought of getting in a fight with an internet tough-guy.

Ihmhi 08-15-2007 12:22 AM

If an African guy was born and raised in China, he might be ethnically African, but he is culturally Chinese.

It is less about the color of your skin and more about the culture (and perceptions thereof) you grew up in.

zSilver_Fox 08-15-2007 12:26 AM

True. And in my own experience, it seems that given that ethnicities tend to stick together here in America, the culture goes with them. Am I saying it's hardwired? No. However, I am saying that due to their skin color, cultural influences are made. And that's how not everyone is equal.

squeek. 08-15-2007 12:57 AM

Quote:

True. And in my own experience, it seems that given that ethnicities tend to stick together here in America, the culture goes with them. Am I saying it's hardwired? No. However, I am saying that due to their skin color, cultural influences are made. And that's how not everyone is equal.

Because some cultures are better than others?

EDIT:
Quote:

Racism is the belief that your race is superior, or the repression of another because of race. However, it's just as ignorant to assume that there's no such thing as cultural differences that are affected by race.

Racism != ignorance. Even if belief of equality could be considered "ignorant".

uBeR 08-15-2007 02:01 AM

Quote:

Then again Uber, you also believe that we're the sole reason why the WORLD IS GOING TO FUCKING END, so I'm not surprised. Live real life for once, not a sheltered load of spoonfed bullshit.

I know several black people who are very well off and respectable. However, I do believe that race has an affect on culture and a person's upbringing based on todays world. If a white woman wants to have sex with a black man, go ahead. If it's vice versa, go ahead. I don't care what others do in bed. I've been through enough shit to know that race is a factor in some parts of a person's life, whether due to society or genetic reasons.

I believe that everyone is equal in terms of deserved rights. However, I do believe that people vary, and race can be a major factor.

Now excuse me, I peed my pants at the thought of getting in a fight with an internet tough-guy.

Well, Mr. Furry, your quote, "[it's] ignorant to assume that there's no such thing as cultural differences that are affected by race," matches perfectly with the definition of racism: "a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement." It's clear you're a racist. There's no denying it. The problem you have, I think, is that you're simply ignorant and feed on the stereotypes you hear. You're still like 14 or something, so I'm not surprised you lack any great logical reasoning. But you're having a very tough time differentiating between race, ethnicity, and culture, and where these come from. This, also not surprising, considering you've probably had no formal education on the matter and spent you're entire life inside an animal outfit.

Ihmhi 08-15-2007 02:59 AM

Race is just a common gene pool!

Thanks to drunken Portuguese sailors were are all a bunch of mutts, and I doubt even the royal families of the world have completely untainted bloodlines.

And Hell, even if you do, what good is that for you? The lack of genetic variation will lead to a lot of bad things, like cancer and... cancer!

People rally around a few different things:

* Their country
* The color of their skin
* Their religion
* Their culture
* Their geneology (i.e. their ethnicity)

And that is about it!

Any statement nowadays is viewed as racist, sexist, blah blah blah. I wish people would just STFU about it and get a goddamned sense of humor. You know how racism loses its power? The same way anything else loses its power, humor. Does anyone really believe that the Polish people are honestly stupid enough to put a screen door on a submarine? I sure hope not.

Look at Nazis. How many people seriously think the Nazis did something good for the world? Population reduction aside, most people think what they did was very very bad save for a small, vocal, and largely ignorant minority. Now we get to enjoy laughing at animated GIFs of dancing Hitlers and Gundam characters drawn up as SS officers. We regularly re-enact the war where over 11,000,000 people died (people sure like to bitch about the 6,000,000 dead Jews and forget the other 5,000,000 dead people) in digital form as well as in real life (with reenactment societies).

What does this all boil down to?

I like motherfucking turtles, and people are a bunch of goddamned idiots. Laugh about the stupidity of the world as a whole and maybe life will be a little more tolerable.

Edit: And now that I have enacted Godwin's Law, this thread is officially over.

[/thread]

zSilver_Fox 08-15-2007 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uBeR
Well, Mr. Furry, your quote, "[it's] ignorant to assume that there's no such thing as cultural differences that are affected by race," matches perfectly with the definition of racism: "a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement." It's clear you're a racist. There's no denying it. The problem you have, I think, is that you're simply ignorant and feed on the stereotypes you hear. You're still like 14 or something, so I'm not surprised you lack any great logical reasoning. But you're having a very tough time differentiating between race, ethnicity, and culture, and where these come from. This, also not surprising, considering you've probably had no formal education on the matter and spent you're entire life inside an animal outfit.

Almost 17 actually, so feel free to flame away. And no, I don't have a fursuit. Too poor for one.

I can quote online dictionaries too. Makes no difference. Call me a racist or a bigot if you want, I really couldn't care less, as demonstrated by the Muchez thread. I just find it funny that you take such stupid subjects so far on the internet (I know it's srs buisness, but srsly).

I do laugh a lot about the world, Imhi. Especially the intarwebs :D.

PS I have nothing against those who have different pigmentations than I do, or different genetic makeups. I just hate niggers, spics, chinks, and white trash. If you can't differentiate between a black person (ZOMG RACIST) and a nigger, then you need to get out more.

INTARWEBS FOR DA WIN!

Backstaber 08-15-2007 04:19 AM

I think this warrants a picture.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...usBusiness.jpg

zSilver_Fox 08-15-2007 04:24 AM

http://blog.dreamhost.com/wp-content...08/serious.jpg

Is what I was thinking of tbh.