Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Maps (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Flagrun Suggestions (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=9557)

Iggy 10-27-2010 11:05 AM

You are aware that not everyone can bhop like a pro, right?

That being the case, why not put a delay on the faster classes? I don't mind 15 seconds, I just used 30 as a reference point. After all, the mid-map flags are on a delay before you get access to them. This to prevent uber fast classes from ruling the map before new players can even FIND the flagroom.

Fact: We want to attract new players.
Fact: If new players walk out of respawn, turn (any) direction, and the round is over, they WILL quit. Why waste precious gaming time playing something that is over before you figure out which way to go?

Bridget 10-27-2010 01:21 PM

You guys are suddenly making an exception to how beginners play on flagrun? That's odd, because in the past it's always been forget new players, this game was made for pros, they can learn to play or get out. I played flagrun a few times, and it seems like a quick run to the flag room. I can understand someone chaining perfect concs to the flag room, but in a practical public situation, I just don't see that happening consistently to complain. Besides, even if you got to the flag room as an Engineer before the Scouts, You wouldn't be able to do anything. Your gun would just get nail'd or the Scouts would just conc right past the piece of shit. I mean, you make it out to be a big deal, but it's all from the assumption that if only you could get to the flag room before the Scouts, your piss-poor Sentry could do something. Even if that were true, that you could get there beforehand, I highly doubt it would be of any real benefit.

Provide some video proof. You made the claim, Gwarsbane. Maybe you haven't spent much time in arguments, but when you make a claim, you are then required to provide evidence or ultimate proof resulting from accumulated evidence. It is not the job of the person receiving the claim to prove it wrong. Likewise, using the word of someone else is not legitimate evidence/proof. How easy would that be? GenghisTron makes a thread stating that the Earth is flat, and his only support is that I, his gullible friend, agree with him. Is that sound? Fuck no. We both have to prove the Earth is flat, and no one has to prove that it's not unless they voluntary wish to do so.

Also, Gwars, give me a fucking break. You jump at any opportunity to attack other people's character by incorrectly labeling them racist through your disturbing political correctness. I know you're a well-conditioned sheep who has been groomed over by the fear of being called a racist for using mere phonemes or pixel-combinations on a screen, but not everyone else is that gullible or unable to think for themselves. So, spare me. If the words "nigga please" are racist, then congratulations, almost every black person on Earth is a racist. Oh wait, I forgot, only white people can be racist. I'm sorry, Al Sharpton.

Last, please spare me and everyone else the 'I play all day every day' argument. How long you do something is not always a necessary indicator of resulting experience or expertise. I can spend a week learning about x with full attention and retain more knowledge than someone who spends two months only dedicating a fraction of his attention to it. You consider experience/expertise by quality not quantity.

Iggy 10-27-2010 11:14 PM

I believe the word "Nigga" is used only in America, but nice try on that one.

Bridget 10-28-2010 07:19 AM

I hope you're joking.

GenghisTron 10-28-2010 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iggy (Post 477140)
I believe the word "Nigga" is used only in America, but nice try on that one.

Being intentionally obtuse is cool.

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/7...3797065707.gif

MikeQuist 11-09-2010 07:45 PM

I just wanted to know if there was enough of a playing community to justify the work it would take to port the files and stuff over to the newest version and get all my textures set up again (which will be a feat considering they are on a broken hard drive).

Iggy 11-09-2010 10:18 PM

I, for one, would very much love to play it. :)

Ricey 11-09-2010 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeQuist (Post 477792)
I just wanted to know if there was enough of a playing community to justify the work it would take to port the files and stuff over to the newest version and get all my textures set up again (which will be a feat considering they are on a broken hard drive).

Do it, and I'll send you a hooker, a clean one, unlike the one I sent to iggy, which was a dirty one.

Gwarsbane 11-10-2010 01:55 AM

I would love to see it (the map not the hooker) And there are many others that at the very least would give your map a try, though if it has the same problems the other Flag runs have it won't be played long.

squeek. 11-10-2010 01:58 AM

If all you have to do is set up Hammer and compile... then I'd say there's no reason not to do it.

If you don't want to do it, though, you could hand it off to someone in the community or the dev team.

Iggy 11-10-2010 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricey (Post 477796)
Do it, and I'll send you a hooker, a clean one, unlike the one I sent to iggy, which was a dirty one.

You.... you... you..... mother fucker!

Ricey 11-10-2010 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iggy (Post 477802)
You.... you... you..... mother fucker!

Sorry, but I gave you the HIV. We're still friends right?

Quote:

If you don't want to do it, though, you could hand it off to someone in the community or the dev team.
+9001

Iggy 11-10-2010 09:42 PM

http://www.johnleeroylinde.com/ :?