Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   website problems? (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=16048)

GambiT 05-30-2008 07:32 PM

website problems?

anybody else having trouble getting connected to the site?

work being done on the site?

or is it just me?

Icculus 05-30-2008 07:35 PM

yea I seem to be having problems connecting today too.

-Icculus

Dr.Satan 05-30-2008 07:36 PM

yep I was until just a min ago, I'm sure circ is messing with something or something.

myersjr 05-30-2008 07:38 PM

slight problems a bit earlier..not so much now.. :)

KubeDawg 05-30-2008 07:45 PM

same here.

squeek. 05-30-2008 08:00 PM

Don't know what happened, but it wasn't anyones fault. The box it is hosted on must have been having issues.

Credge 05-30-2008 08:48 PM

Hey guys, sorry about that one. While messing with the computer the website is hosted on I accidentally tripped over a trash can and fell into another world. It was interesting to say the least. I saw lots of people there, like Mike Nelson from Mystery Science Theater 3000 who was, for some reason, acting like a scatter brained Jack Perkins. As I started to talk to him, I noticed a strange viscous liquid falling slowly from the sky. As I looked up I realized that this wasn't just any ordinary viscous liquid... it was the slime commonly found in the sewers of New York in Ghostbusters 2! I quickly fed it all of my pent up love and happiness and it floated away.

While on my trip, I met several fascinating people, most of which were deformed... some looking like some kind of blue-green Jackie Chan
with Isabella Rossellini lips, others looking like various people I had known and loved in my life. It was surreal to see faces I don't even remember names to, or names that didn't match the face I remembered. It was like waking up in the middle of an intervention, except realizing that it wasn't for you but instead for everyone.

Off in the distance, I noticed a glass house. As I walked closer to it, it maintained the same size it did when I was off in the distance... the difference being the occupants inside did indeed grow. There were several of them, all of them people I had despised over the years... some school teachers, some bullies... but most importantly a former girlfriend. As I walked closer, the house still shrunk and the people grew. I continued to walk until I was close enough to touch the house.

The occupants of the house were now being crushed against each other, many having broken bones or bleeding. "Now you know how I felt" I cackled as I pressed my body against the glass, trying to crush every ounce of life out of their broken and battered bodies. I firmly pressed my chest and face against the glass, hoping to become one with it. I wanted so badly to end them. The screams of pain echoed through the still air, the crunch of bone and tissue ripping filled my ears with a pleasant sound... still, I did not feel joy from this. This wasn't what I wanted, nor is it what I thought it would be. Vengeance isn't always what it's cracked up to be, it seems.

I turned, sighed, and walked away from the glass house, now filled with the moans of broken memories. As I walked, I noticed a gummy-apple object floated in the sky above me... hovering as if it was attached to me with a bit of string. I could only catch it out of the corner of my eye, though, as it would quickly move out of my field of vision if I tried to look directly at it. "The joys of dreams" I sighed with a grunt as I walked on not knowing where I was headed...

Eventually I found myself at a sign. It was a rather small sign, about the width of one nipple to another, but it had a lengthy amount of text on it. It read, "To the left lies everything you've grown to love. Only those things which you truly love will be there, as will all of the loved ones in your life. The left never changes, always the same, always the same..."

I read on. "To the right lies the unknown. Pain, hardship, and suffering may exist on this path, but the joy of discovery could be far greater than any memory you may have."

Oddly, the signs pointed in different directions. One in front of me and one behind me. "Strange, I thought... maybe these are for someone else?" I pondered for a moment and made up my mind.

To choose the unknown, please turn to page 67.
To choose the known, please turn to page 28.

reaper18 05-30-2008 09:01 PM

closes book and lights on fire...

shadow 05-30-2008 09:10 PM

WHICH WAY DID YOU CHOOSE?

reaper18 05-31-2008 02:38 AM

the pyrotechnic part

Circuitous 05-31-2008 03:56 AM

I was asleep or at work while this occurred, so don't look at me.

KubeDawg 06-02-2008 02:25 PM

I like stories like that. Reminds me of the one where there was a snake that I believe was able to live forever, it was in the middle of a desert, but I'm not sure what it was called.:( I remember there being a man, I think he may have been in an auto accident, and found that snake in the middle of the desert. He eventually came back to the snake, but that's about all i remember...

jordan10la 06-02-2008 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KubeDawg
I like stories like that. Reminds me of the one where there was a snake that I believe was able to live forever, it was in the middle of a desert, but I'm not sure what it was called.:( I remember there being a man, I think he may have been in an auto accident, and found that snake in the middle of the desert. He eventually came back to the snake, but that's about all i remember...

I remember one where you turned into a bat. Damn, I liked that one, I shoudl read it again :D

Dr.Satan 06-03-2008 01:43 AM

um...this isn't going anywhere.