Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Maps (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   (Beta) ff_hydro_b1 (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=25350)

Ash_Marks 06-12-2017 11:16 PM

ff_hydro_b1

Here's the map

Here's the screenshots

Lemme know what you think; improvements, things you like, things you don't like -- tell me the map is shit. :thumbsup:

Fruitcake 06-13-2017 05:51 AM

Looks interesting, I'll be curious to see the flagroom scale for SG coverage and whether you can outrange SGs. Also whether you can keep any decent speed coming in "main". Is the flagstand solid? That stand is great for downconc sliding. Hope to try it out when I get to a PC this weekend. Glad to see people still putting out maps for this game. If you ever want someone to check out your map alphas hit me up.:thumbsup:

Ash_Marks 06-13-2017 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruitcake (Post 511666)
Looks interesting, I'll be curious to see the flagroom scale for SG coverage and whether you can outrange SGs. Also whether you can keep any decent speed coming in "main". Is the flagstand solid? That stand is great for downconc sliding. Hope to try it out when I get to a PC this weekend. Glad to see people still putting out maps for this game. If you ever want someone to check out your map alphas hit me up.:thumbsup:

From the concs I've tested, there isn't a great way to keep speed coming in through main, spoon was playing on it earlier and said it was a very hard map for O. The flagstand is not solid.

You can outrange SG's decently well, generally only from the main entrance and the back corners of the room.

Something else that people have seemed to be confused about so far is the grate container type thing between ramp room and main. You can shoot hitscan weapons through it but not rockets or nails. I'll probably change that at some point.

I'm also not sold on the flagroom, I don't know if I like it too much but we'll see how it plays first. :thumbsup:

FDA_Approved 06-13-2017 06:33 AM

I'd leave the grate as is, unless it proves to be bad for balance due to location. (I haven't had a run around yet) Honestly I'm just as baffled about people not realizing you can shoot through grates, as people are baffled by the fact you can.

It's like, a standard source feature. I face palm when people hide under sec on schtop and then go "WTF?!?" when I ssg them down.

Ash_Marks 06-13-2017 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FDA_Approved (Post 511668)
I'd leave the grate as is, unless it proves to be bad for balance due to location. (I haven't had a run around yet) Honestly I'm just as baffled about people not realizing you can shoot through grates, as people are baffled by the fact you can.

It's like, a standard source feature. I face palm when people hide under sec on schtop and then go "WTF?!?" when I ssg them down.

It isn't true for all grate textures though, which I found strange. Possibly it's just the ones the FF dev team made that you can't shoot through, but I had to look for one that you can.