Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Server/Player Discussion (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   How to find all of the FF servers, even the hidden ones. (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=17232)

StinkyTaco 09-12-2008 04:09 PM

How to find all of the FF servers, even the hidden ones.

-=Censored=-

Private_Joker 09-12-2008 04:14 PM

kthx

-Joker

bokko 09-12-2008 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StinkyTaco
[snip]
(...)
If we all start choosing more "normal people" friendly servers to play on, it will help this mod grow. If people continue playing on servers that have admins with poor social skills, and religious baggage they must force upon everyone else to bear, we will be limiting our players to a very narrow field.

the grapes they are sour

Firefox11 09-12-2008 04:27 PM

Now that we are kind of into it, does somebody else experience the problem that you can't join a server after disconnecting from another or even the same (error: game version doesn't match the server's). A bit late because 2.1 is around the corner and may fix it, but just in case it stays.

The only way to join another server is to join from Steam Servers window after closing FF.

betterschindt 09-12-2008 06:35 PM

yea theres been a few nights where Old Farts server is the only full when you have AE and eO empty... its so frustrating, plus its not even that fast! much better pings for AE and eO.

[snip]

Ihmhi 09-12-2008 06:45 PM

Must I really quote the rules to you? Really? This isn't kindergarten, is it?

Quote:

2.2. Be reasonable. Be civil and respectful when posting regardless of what you’re saying or to whom you’re speaking. Being civil means, at a minimum, all of the following: no harassment, racism, sexism, homophobia, nation-hating (“country bashing”), clan bashing, pub-player bashing, “n00b” bashing, etc…. This rule extends to EVERTHING related to the forum: name, threads, posts, PMs, images, your profile, etc…

3.3. Do NOT make threads whining/complaining about how server XYZ is lame because it banned you. If you have issues with specific servers, take it up in with those individual server operators, or use our Server/Player Discussion board.
I've edited the posts here so they're in line with the rules rather than just lock the thread.

It's always been the opposite for me. I have no problems seeing servers in-game, but the Steam Server Browser doesn't show a damned thing. ):

$h4m3 09-12-2008 06:45 PM

Normally all it takes is 5 minutes to get an empty server poppin

GeoKill-----> 09-12-2008 06:48 PM

Even faster with the increase of people

SkullBash 09-12-2008 06:58 PM

Last night there were three servers full and a bunch with 1 or 2 people in them. STEAM.... it's bringing them.

$h4m3 09-12-2008 07:02 PM

Just like in Field of Dreams

If you advertise it... they will come...

Desyphur 09-12-2008 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkullBash
Last night there were three servers full and a bunch with 1 or 2 people in them. STEAM.... it's bringing them.

That jsut sounds awesome. We're grooowwwiiing.

4est 09-12-2008 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desyphur
That jsut sounds awesome. We're grooowwwiiing.

Do you have hair in funny places now?

Shadow00Caster 09-12-2008 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihmhi
Must I really quote the rules to you? Really? This isn't kindergarten, is it?

I've edited the posts here so they're in line with the rules rather than just lock the thread.

It's always been the opposite for me. I have no problems seeing servers in-game, but the Steam Server Browser doesn't show a damned thing. ):

CAPTAIN FORUM MAN!