Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Are you a WASD or Arrow key person? (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=4362)

o_yoshura 03-27-2006 10:13 PM

Are you a WASD or Arrow key person?

I use WASD, because it has the conveinience of more keys around it, and it in a comfortable spot, unlike the arrows.

o_ekim 03-27-2006 10:15 PM

TFGH

Circuitous 03-27-2006 10:17 PM

I mostly use the arrows. Having more keys doesn't really matter for TFC, plus I have the whole keypad and the keys above the arrows as well. Although I lose ready access to the number keys.

Lately I've been getting into WASD, but not much. There isn't much difference except my thumb becomes more useful.

o_luminous 03-27-2006 10:22 PM

wasd, i dont get these people with the weird setups *looks at ekiM*

o_anshinritsumai 03-27-2006 10:22 PM

I used to play TFC with arrow keys for like 2 years, and then I transitioned over to WASD. It was hard using grenades with arrow keys when I had KP_INS set to jump and Right CTRL for crouch. Ever since I switched to WASD, I've had my forward/backward keys on my mouse bound to grenades (since I didn't get this mouse til I switched to WASD); that and now there's more keys around for more funcionality.

Circuitous 03-27-2006 10:23 PM

Try putting your hand there. You still have the spacebar access, plus instead of only having the three keys for your pinky, you now have clear to q/a/z if your fingers are long enough, plus centered access to the number keys, just as many keys for your index finger, more bottom-row keys...

Shit, TFGH is just plain superior.

o_docwolfe 03-27-2006 10:27 PM

Arrow keys... and I used the second mouse button to jump, control to crouch, shift is special, enter - gren2, backspace - gren1, use - mouse4, throwflag - mouse 5, reload - del, and I used kp_ins to swap inbetween primary and secondary weapons (shogun<->sng)

o_frenchtoast 03-27-2006 10:34 PM

Psh, that's all lame

E-Forward
R-Back
D/F-Strafe
A-Jump
S-Duck

That's the best setup evar. Really comfortable. My dad uses that one and I kinda adopted it in my early TF years. Never looked back.

Circuitous 03-27-2006 10:35 PM

Wow, weird.

Enter: use
Shift: reload
Ctrl: jump
kp_ins: crouch
kp_end: swap weapons
del: gren1
pgdn: gren2
end: voicerecord
kp_leftarrow: commandmenu
mouse2: special
mouse1: attack
mouse3: swap mousewheel
mousewheel: change weapons/jump

o_darknight 03-27-2006 10:45 PM

WASD with nades + flagthrow bound to my mouse. Space + shift, jump + duck. It's very rare that I have to move my fingers from this, just quickswitch, use etc.

Used to use arrow keys (for 2, maybe 3 years). Could never use them again, it's just so crap to play with compared to WASD or eKiMs TFGH.

o_ginger lord 03-27-2006 10:47 PM

I always used arrow keys every since I started gaming on the PC. Then about 3 months ago I just started using WASD for no reason.

edit:

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrenchToast
Psh, that's all lame

E-Forward
R-Back
D/F-Strafe
A-Jump
S-Duck

That's the best setup evar. Really comfortable. My dad uses that one and I kinda adopted it in my early TF years. Never looked back.

wtf, I cant even get my fingers in the right place for having one on forward and the others ready to strafe. Let alone jump and crouch.

Circuitous 03-27-2006 10:49 PM

Yeah, I was started on arrow keys back when I first got Wolfenstein and just kept using it, haha. For simple games I still use it because it's so comfortable to me now, but now that we need like 20 buttons it's a hassle.

o_nar 03-27-2006 10:52 PM

http://body-count.org/images/dump/nar/setupje.jpg

It's the only way I can play!

o_dr zauis 03-28-2006 12:00 AM

arrow keys
gren1 = mouse5
gren2 = mouse4
spec=mouse3
jump=mouse2
attack=mouse1
use=enter
r=reload (idk i why i still reach for it\im too busy killing to reload?)
shift=toss flag
save me=z
ctrl=duck
del=i forget what

(THIS IS ALL ON MY LAPTOP)

On my Desktop it is a bit different cause i have the numpad to use, so toss flag is on my mouse there. BTW is a dual core and a ati radeon xt850 a bit much for tfc? i say no

o_monkeystevie 03-28-2006 12:03 AM

That's some fucked up shit Nar.

I've been using arrows for years, tried changing over to wasd but i don't have the patience.
I remember when i stared gaming, changing the default configs in games from wasd to arrows 'cos it was "easier to remember".

o_qwertyuiop 03-28-2006 12:06 AM

erasdf

o_geokill-----> 03-28-2006 12:16 AM

I started of with Arrow keys but then I switch to WASD, easier to play

o_kam 03-28-2006 01:30 AM

wasd + grens on mouse4/5

o_dym 03-28-2006 01:31 AM

i use the bottom of the keyboard mainly.
< strafe left
> strafe right
mouse2 = forward
mouse3 click = back
C for crouch
v for attack2
!

o_yomamashouse 03-28-2006 01:35 AM

erasdf FTW

zomg someone else besides FT with erasdf?