Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Hello! (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=25038)

vatterin 03-27-2015 07:40 PM

Hello!

I love you guys! Can I play??

Fruitcake 03-27-2015 07:43 PM

We love you too! And I believe more servers are coming ;)

XPelargos 03-27-2015 07:44 PM

yes! Download on Steam Store and pick a pub.

Or come to Quakenet IRC, #ff.pickup for pickups. (Pickup servers still in the upgrade process though I believe.)

Iggy 03-28-2015 04:01 PM

Pickups need to take a 2 week vacation, just to let new players get used to things.

FDA_Approved 03-28-2015 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iggy (Post 507538)
Pickups need to take a 2 week vacation, just to let new players get used to things.

Er, do you mean pickups or pickup players? Because pickups don't really affect anyone who doesn't play them, and as for the players, I think since steam release, we've been coexisting in the pubs quite well so far.

Iggy 03-29-2015 03:45 PM

What I meant was the players should populate the pub servers for a few weeks, to help introduce new players to the fun. I've been playing as much as I could, but I've got a lot of things going on.

The more we(as a community) welcome new players, and show them "the ropes", the more likely they are to stick around, and keep playing.

oaties 03-31-2015 07:34 PM

Do as the great oats does and play pubs while you wait for pickups to fill.

Also, don't be afraid to bring some newbs you've added to friends (you best be adding noobs and encouraging them to play... Ol' oats already has his own noob army :D) into the pickup server to spectate some pickups. All the new players I've showed pugs to have gone crazy, they think its sick, Some have even gone back to the training and tried to get a gold medal... Then I tell them my best time is like 8 seconds :p

Gotta keep them mystified and inspired, I tell ya... Seeing crazy movement is inspiring to some people, not off putting.

Agent Buckshot Moose 04-01-2015 10:47 AM

The most inspiring thing about the Steam release is that even only a few days after release there are 202 reviews and the game still has a 9/10 rating.

Iggy 04-03-2015 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent Buckshot Moose (Post 507838)
The most inspiring thing about the Steam release is that even only a few days after release there are 202 reviews and the game still has a 9/10 rating.

That's very encouraging.

When I'm on a server, and someone asks a question... I do my best to answer it. We were all "n00bs" once, and we helped each other learn the game. Best way to keep new players, is to help them learn the ropes. Hell, I still do it in TFC. Pass on what we have learned, we must.

eomoyaff 04-03-2015 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent Buckshot Moose (Post 507838)

Free shit, no cash shop! :mrgreen: