Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Tech (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Computer Temps? OK or .. (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=19033)

Bridget 02-18-2009 12:53 AM

Computer Temps? OK or ..

Here are my computer temps with light activity and (temps during activity, gaming, etc). Do they seem normal? The main question, though: Are my core temperatures supposed to be higher than the rest of the reading? When I'm in game, they seem to go between 55 to 60c (It might reach 65, but I haven't seen it). I'm using SpeedFan to see my temps, and it's always swaying, even outside of heavy activity, between the 'in check' icon and the 'fire' icon for both CPU cores. I've been using this PC without any problems for seven months, I built it myself, and there's a decent amount of case fans (Rear 120mm (O), Side 120mm (O), Top 140mm (O), 2 120mm front (I)) .. So.. Normal?

System: 30-35c (35-40c)
CPU: 30-32c (32-37c)
HD: 25-30c (25-30c)
Core 1/2: 40-55c (55-65*c)

Demasu 02-18-2009 01:42 AM

Those are fine. My crappy case has temps higher than that and I've had no problem at all. I wish I had a bigger case so everything in mine would fit neatly and not be as hot as it is.

EquilibriuM 02-18-2009 01:43 AM

It's good

maximi 02-19-2009 10:38 PM

wut.. id love to have temperatures like that.. best i've seen on my cpu core was like 80+ celcius :D

Demasu 02-19-2009 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximi (Post 427783)
wut.. id love to have temperatures like that.. best i've seen on my cpu core was like 80+ celcius :D

Celsius, and if you're serious, get a fan that works, or clean it, or both. Right now my GPU(basically the only thing I can monitor) is sitting at 69C.

EquilibriuM 02-20-2009 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demasu (Post 427818)
Celsius, and if you're serious, get a fan that works, or clean it, or both. Right now my GPU(basically the only thing I can monitor) is sitting at 69C.

That's pretty high for gpu i had 5 fans in my old rig, and my gpu was at like 54C top's that being in-game. You must have a Geforce vid card, i have always used geforce too, but their fans are to small, so what i did i bought a zalman fan mod for my card and it droped 10C. Meaning from 64C to 54C.

!nF3D4L 02-20-2009 01:47 AM

i just put a fan blowing into my case.. its so messy that it gets hella hot

Demasu 02-20-2009 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EquilibriuM (Post 427828)
That's pretty high for gpu i had 5 fans in my old rig, and my gpu was at like 54C top's that being in-game. You must have a Geforce vid card, i have always used geforce too, but their fans are to small, so what i did i bought a zalman fan mod for my card and it droped 10C. Meaning from 64C to 54C.

I'd love for a better fan, but there's literally no more room in my case for one. It's a problem that was made worse by needing a new power supply which added more cords(originally had 300w one, but I burned it out with another hard drive, and had to get a bigger one).

mervaka 02-20-2009 01:34 PM

when i was at uni, i had a hoover pipe bolted to the end of my intake fan, other other end dangled out the window. got sub20 core temperatures :D

it was borderline freezing outside at the time though.

EquilibriuM 02-20-2009 03:33 PM

To blow out dust out of you're cpu fans, and all other fans, plus just anything in you're case, they sell these air can's at like best buy works rly well. Or if you own a air compressor they work best, lol.

Vasa 02-24-2009 09:01 PM

Depending on what the manufacturer has stated as the maximum temperature you seem to be fine like most people say.

I've tested when I assembled my new pc, just added the pc but didn't attach the cpu-cooler completely and it was running at 89°C just fine, obviously I didn't try that for hours on end, but I like putting those claims to the test. :)

From what I know GPU's can have a higher temp than a cpu.

But like other people said, get more fans in if you can, and tie those cables together. If possible take that into account when buying a pc or the parts if you're gonna assemble it. Read some reviews for the case you want to buy to know if it has a good airflow and the ability of putting that extra cable somewhere out of the way. Some pretty cheap cases feature huge fans, personally I don't really find those pleasing to the high but if you're a not on having a cool temperature and don't want to go to liquid cooling, it might be worth looking into.