Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Progress? What's Progress? (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=7754)

schtoofa 01-05-2007 05:44 AM

Progress? What's Progress?

Sorry we didn't release Fortress Forever in 2006... but we won't let you down in 2007!

What can I say? Lately we've been busy with things that aren't Fortress Forever. We're still working on it and I'm optimistic that we'll get back into the swing of things now that the holidays are over. Between now and the mysterious FF release date, we'll try to give you more updates to show folks what FF is all about.

For starters, here are some screen shots that Mervaka (one of the FF beta testers) snapped for us. His spam-happy fingers took nearly 400 snapshots in less than half an hour, but he was kind enough to sift through and collect some of his best for you all to see:

Recently BritishTang, our Sound Guy Extraordinaire, buckled under pressure and released an in game audio clip he recorded. If you're interested, check it out by clicking on one of the Sound Mirrors below:

Sound Mirror 1 | Sound Mirror 2 | Sound Mirror 3

Jiggles has been a Fortress Forever beta tester for a while now, and he just recently joined the dev. team to put his coding skills to work. Thank him dearly, for he took the initiative to put together a "rough" Fortress Forever game play footage video. It's not polished (compared to MrBeefy's FF Dustbowl Valley video), but it does the job! Stream the video on Youtube or download and watch it from one of the mirrors below:

Video download links: Mirror 1 | Mirror 2 | Mirror 3

Hope you enjoy what you see so far!

o_a boojum snark 01-05-2007 05:53 AM

*attacks Heavy screenshot with Photoshop* <_< Looking sweet!
aw, you can see him in the video anyway! :P
I like the cloak&corpse bit a bunch, quite a clever route to take.

o_geokill-----> 01-05-2007 06:06 AM

kick ass

o_saberwolf 01-05-2007 06:07 AM

YESSSSS! Thank you thank you thank you.

Questions!...when the spy cloaks...does the model "die"? Or is that just one of the things that needs to be fixed? Is the double jump for every class? Can the engi build something that will make a rogue SG attack it instead of other sg's? I noticed the two sg's, once they had killed the players, started attacking a pole or something? (..or...what was that?)

p.s. love the gib and that the knife doesn't give away discuise :D

o_rizzo 01-05-2007 06:11 AM

coool

o_nuk3m 01-05-2007 06:21 AM

jesus amazing thats so cool thank you soooo much

PHISH 01-05-2007 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaberWolf
YESSSSS! Thank you thank you thank you.

Questions!...when the spy cloaks...does the model "die"? Or is that just one of the things that needs to be fixed? Is the double jump for every class? Can the engi build something that will make a rogue SG attack it instead of other sg's? I noticed the two sg's, once they had killed the players, started attacking a pole or something? (..or...what was that?)

Cloaking
there's a silent cloak or a cloak. One requires you to stand still to do right now, presumably this is something you'd do in silence out of sight, the regular cloak 'fakes' a death and can be done on the move...The death sound in there isn't as obnoxious anymore as the one that plays in the vid at least. As you move faster you become more visible, slow down and you become less visible. You're restricted to a walking speed pretty much.

For taking a dudes disguise that only happens if you kill them w/ a perfect backstab.

and one of the reasons we're so tenative to show a vid and such is we are waiting for new animations to be dropped in, which should correct a bunch of the posture and movement oddities (feet not moving fast enough etc) with the models.

o_paft 01-05-2007 06:26 AM

Holy moly!

I have never used that word in my life.

Huh huh huh! As in thrusting my hips.
The movement is so smooth.

o_geokill-----> 01-05-2007 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaberWolf

Didn't they said that you disguised into the class you killed?

o_nuk3m 01-05-2007 06:34 AM

is the sniper rifle model perminant

o_pixel 01-05-2007 06:43 AM

oh fucks yes

o_tercel 01-05-2007 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuk3m
is the sniper rifle model perminant

look at the media posts for the sniper rifle...im assuming they are using the old model as a placeholder until the new one is completed?

schtoofa 01-05-2007 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tercel
look at the media posts for the sniper rifle...im assuming they are using the old model as a placeholder until the new one is completed?

^^ the one you see in the video is just a placeholder model. Over the last week or so decs has been putting the finishing touches on our sniper rifle.

o_nodnarb 01-05-2007 06:47 AM

I love you Fortress-Forever devs!!

Thbat movie was awesome!!!!

o_nodnarb 01-05-2007 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schtoofa
^^ the one you see in the video is just a placeholder model. Over the last week or so decs has been putting the finishing touches on our sniper rifle.

ok good, that would be bad if you used the same one. talk about copyright stuff. Also is the "VOX" stuff the save voice as in TFC?

o_ihmhi 01-05-2007 06:49 AM

Secks.

I am gonna look over all of this now.

The HW look very familiar but I can not quite pin it... looks... bah, it is right on the tip of my tongue! The design just looks similar to something I have seen before. Anyone else get that feeling? \=

Edit: First page woo!

Also: I like how the capture points in cz2 are bright spotlights aiming upwards into the sky. I personally am not terribly fond of cz2 and one of the reasons is because I have a hard time finding the capture points.

Is this feature unique to cz2 or will it be applied to all maps with capture points?

Edit #2: ROFL @ infected Scout!

"I'm infected help m-" *trip* *THUD* *sliiiiiiide*

Are the sounds final? They seem a little... lifeless to me. The game does not seem to have the same "soul" as the predecessor did.

I have a great dislike for the AC's sound. That familiar whine was something to be feared and the current sounds just appear unimpressive and not very intimidating. It should sound more like a Harley but it sounds like a Power Wheels.

o_nodnarb 01-05-2007 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihmhi
Secks.

I am gonna look over all of this now.

The HW look very familiar but I can not quite pin it... looks... bah, it is right on the tip of my tongue! The design just looks similar to something I have seen before. Anyone else get that feeling? \=

Mr. Incredible, off of The Incredibles?

o_tyrus 01-05-2007 06:52 AM

Looks great! The part where someone yells "Oh hell, I'm infected" or something and then dies was hilarious.

Note You should probably take down that video and add some background music before some other mod team steals your sounds. They are crystal clear in that. Or you will have the same thing happen when you had sounds on the media page.

o_geokill-----> 01-05-2007 06:53 AM

Godamn you Lost, you being a beta tester and all.

schtoofa 01-05-2007 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrus
Looks great! The part where someone yells "Oh hell, I'm infected" or something and then dies was hilarious.

Note You should probably take down that video and add some background music before some other mod team steals your sounds. They are crystal clear in that. Or you will have the same thing happen when you had sounds on the media page.

Hehe, glad you like it. About the add background music thing -- good point, but we can only put off folks snagging our sounds for so long. I guess what I'm saying is that if someone wants to copy/use FF sounds once FF is out, we'd be S.O.L.