Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Mapping (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   texture error (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=21457)

Dr.Satan 02-04-2010 08:15 PM

texture error

k, so I can't find anything on this anywhere, and it's getting extremely frustrating, so maybe someone here has an idea?

I've been trying to figure this out for a bit now, so instead or repeating everything, just look here(click)

Sidd 02-04-2010 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Satan (Post 464385)
Valve Software - vvis.exe (Nov 8 2007)
fastvis = true
2 threads
reading c:\program files\steam\steamapps\sourcemods\ff_dev\maps\ff_al chimy.bsp
reading c:\program files\steam\steamapps\sourcemods\ff_dev\maps\ff_al chimy.prt
6842 portalclusters
22774 numportals
Leaf 3211 (portal 10546) with too many portals. Use vbsp -glview to compile, then glview -portal -portalhighlight X or -leafhighlight L to view the problem.

It's a problem with vis, though I've never seen that error before. Have you tried doing what it suggests? Does it still occur if you func_detail that fence in the screenshot?

Dr.Satan 02-04-2010 08:35 PM

that's the thing...I re-created those brushes and they are fine, but now I get the same thing in another part of my base (like 2 stories up and way the fuck away).

GenghisTron 02-04-2010 08:41 PM

whenalchimywillout

Dr.Satan 02-04-2010 08:48 PM

if I can figure this shit out...days ago!

Bit of an update though, it's definitely the lighting b/c if I fire on it or use the flashlight, the texture is there, but it's like it's getting absolutely no light

Sidd 02-04-2010 08:54 PM

Nah it's vis which doesn't complete. In your log vrad complains that it hasn't got the information from vis.

You can try compiling it with glview, but I can't remember how useful that is. Or you can try the orange box hammer and load the portal file.

The errors regarding displacements are a separate issue I think, but try compiling with the displacements turned off.

Edit: also try with full rather than -fast vis. -fast shouldn't cause problems like this, but it might.

Nezumi 02-13-2010 07:44 AM

Did you recently select and copy/move a large section of your map? I think I got an error like that once when I tried to move like 1/3 of anticitizen to the side a bit.

The problem wound up being that hammer created a lot of invalid copies of entities I moved. See if you can find entities in the entity browser that you can't see or select any other way, and delete them.

Dr.Satan 02-13-2010 05:56 PM

yes and no, I flipped the whole base not to long ago, and this was/is the first time I've compiled since so maybe. I'll not have time to look at hammer til Tuesday at the earliest, but I will definitely try all of the stuff you guys are giving me!

Ricey 02-13-2010 07:13 PM

Satan, i still have the source, if you haven't changed anything since that file, i'll take a look.