Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Server fundraiser (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=7699)

o_dr zoidberg 12-31-2006 06:58 AM

Server fundraiser

Snice the dev team does not want charity we can give it to them forcefully :evil:

By making a fund where we use the money to set up 24/7 pub servers in Eu, Us, Uk etc.

Good idea? Anyone thinking they might donate something?

o_burnt_gravy 12-31-2006 07:00 AM

I don't think it's a very good idea to be honest. Most mods have some sort of hosting provider that gives them a couple "official" and free servers, plus there are clans out there already planning to/have servers that are ready to go for FF.

o_dr zoidberg 12-31-2006 07:03 AM

Whats wrong with more servers? Yes there's going to be alot of people coming over from tfc to ff, but there are also alot that'll go to tf2 aswell.

And some people might want to admin a server but doesnt want to buy one for them selves and this is a way they can share one.

o_nodnarb 12-31-2006 07:03 AM

what are you saying? Are these for when the mod releases?

o_dr zoidberg 12-31-2006 07:06 AM

Yes, setting up FF servers when it releases.

o_sta_sirtiger 12-31-2006 07:06 AM

Ugh I wouldn't donate for sure. I also think that this would have no real purpose...

o_burnt_gravy 12-31-2006 07:06 AM

I just don't see a reason to start up a fund for a mod that isn't even out, plus when you share a server between people you don't really know then how do you make sure someone pays for their share of the monthly cost?

o_dr zoidberg 12-31-2006 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STA_SirTiger
Ugh I wouldn't donate for sure. I also think that this would have no real purpose...

Why?
There are people who want to donate, and thoose who donate will of course be granted admin accsess and Co-operate about server choices.

And instead of saying it doesnt have a purpose and go bleh, say why, so if its such a dumb idea i wont do it.

o_dr zoidberg 12-31-2006 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burnt_Gravy
I just don't see a reason to start up a fund for a mod that isn't even out, plus when you share a server between people you don't really know then how do you make sure someone pays for their share of the monthly cost?

Thats not really your problem if your not into the idea. Leave that to thoose who want to make this happen instead.

o_burnt_gravy 12-31-2006 07:11 AM

Oh sorry Zoidberg, I thought this was a discussion of the idea not an actual recruitment thread.

o_[o-t] scuzzy 12-31-2006 07:12 AM

Hey, as long as you're looking to give your money away Zoidberg the [o-t] will be hosting a public FF server and we gladly take donations. At the end of the year we post our accounting statement so that everyone can see where the money went. www.oldtimersclan.com, PayPal form is on the lefthand side.

Scuzzy

o_sta_sirtiger 12-31-2006 07:14 AM

Quote:

Oh sorry Zoidberg, I thought this was a discussion of the idea not an actual recruitment thread.

That's what I thought, BUT I GUESS NOT........

o_dr zoidberg 12-31-2006 07:15 AM

Quote:

It is, and the only thing you've pointed out is that there will be other servers.
Gee, ya think?

That it isnt out yet.
Then why the hell are other clans planning to set up servers as you said?

And youre having a very pessimistic tone to what youre writing. I have thought about the obvious, im not stupid.

What did i say to upset you two? We disagree, and your points are stuff that are totally obvious.
Go cry somewhere else.

o_burnt_gravy 12-31-2006 07:17 AM

Woah man, I'm not flaming you here relax. I thought you wanted to discuss the subject so I was discussing what I thought of it. Sorry if that put you off so badly.

o_sta_sirtiger 12-31-2006 07:19 AM

You sure didn't upset me, nor do I think Burnt_Gravy is either. Cry? We posted our "so called obvious proven by philosopher Dr Zoidberg P.h.D. Nobel Prize" ideas and you seemed to attack us. Sounds like the only one upset and the one crying is ----> Dr Zoidberg

o_dr zoidberg 12-31-2006 07:19 AM

Im just saying i've thought about thoose things (other servers, management, about the money etc) so no need to point them out and then go im not donating. its not very constructive.

And you still havnt said why it doesnt have a purpose sirtiger.

o_sta_sirtiger 12-31-2006 07:22 AM

Then if you thought about it, why did you not include it in your first post ^_^

o_dr zoidberg 12-31-2006 07:25 AM

To bad i took for granted that people think before they post eh?

o_sta_sirtiger 12-31-2006 07:27 AM

Well, you obviously don't. "Too" is the correct word

o_paft 12-31-2006 08:23 AM

Another Arse h*le corrector hey.