Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Other Games (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Battlefield 3 PC (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=23079)

reaper18 11-22-2011 09:50 PM

Battlefield 3 PC

Has absorbed my soul...
Who has it and whats your in game name? Get some coop goin on :)

Dexter 11-23-2011 05:01 AM

mediocre shit

GenghisTron 11-24-2011 05:03 AM

been busy playin Skyrim in the little free-time I have, but I'll be back to BF3 shortly enough, it's a pretty well-rounded and balanced game, considering.

Bostongurkalol is my IGN.

NeonLight 11-29-2011 06:07 AM

Admin move this to proper forum :>

I just got it from Cyber Monday name is Montatti and I'ma start up a FF platoon.

Bully 11-29-2011 03:30 PM

I decided not to buy this in the end because it felt like COD in the beta. Is the real game any better ? is it more like BF2 ? if not im not bothering. Not enough grenades for me.

NeonLight 11-29-2011 03:42 PM

I didn't play the beta so I can't say for that but it feels very much like BF2 to me.

reaper18 11-29-2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bully (Post 489641)
I decided not to buy this in the end because it felt like COD in the beta. Is the real game any better ? is it more like BF2 ? if not im not bothering. Not enough grenades for me.

Operation Metro alone feels like COD. Judging the game off the beta doesnt give it proper justice. And yes, it feels very much like bf2, although there are a few things they couldve added, like commanders.

spambot2.1 11-29-2011 08:41 PM

game is way slower than bf2. basically they added a bunch of delays to everthing.

press x to go prone...2 seconds later i am prone.
press jump key to stand up...2 seconds laters i am standing
press 3 to change to medkit and toss one...3 seconds later i have tossed a medkit.

no idea why they are adding realistic elements to a pure arcade game. if i want realism i would play arma 2 or something.

basically in a 1 v 1 scenario whoever spots the other person first is going to win. very hard to evade unless you are in standing position.

also i don't like the forced grinding required to get the better guns and add ons.

in bf2 atleast the basic guns everyone started with were good weapons and the unlocked guns didn't give you massive advantages.

bf3 the fucken jet doesn't even come with flares...wtf.

also the 1990's style web server browser piss me off too.

reaper18 11-29-2011 11:04 PM

slow? play tehran highway with 64 players..
Also flares are the first unlock for jets, not very hard to get

Dexter 11-29-2011 11:45 PM

I'd like it a decent bit more if it wasnt so damn blinding to play. I'm not even talking about flashlights. there is always shit on your screen, be it the sun, random ass lens flares, rain, random shit. its like squinting mode 24/7 (weed)

Paft 11-30-2011 08:25 PM

I am with Dexter and Spambot. I hate all this modern ranking bs, where someone whipps out some super weapon/feature and you're left with a pea shooter.

And what is with all that shit on the screen. Am playing the role of a human or a camera? You could say it is a goggle effect...but half the time your character isn't wearing any. Should at least go the extra length and ad some eye rims to make it look "real".

/rant

Dexter 11-30-2011 11:37 PM

messing with players FOV became all the rage years back and I've been annoyed by games since