Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Chat (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Fueled by water! (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=7359)

o_osiris 12-07-2006 06:19 PM

Fueled by water!

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oID=1450942227

Pretty cool if you ask me, like to see what can come from this.

o_ivaqual 12-07-2006 06:21 PM

nothing. it just won't be let to happen. remember oil lobbies ?

o_sh4x 12-07-2006 06:27 PM

Ya ok but how are we supposed to destroy the planet if we use water as a fuel??

NEXT

o_uber 12-07-2006 09:28 PM

Build more roads.

o_dr zoidberg 12-07-2006 10:53 PM

I think this is fucking cool. Water cars FTW!! =) fuel can be for the Racing cars and stuff that really need it like astronaut shit.

o_nezumi 12-08-2006 11:39 PM

Water cars could happen. There's actually an all-electric car on the market in the US (The Tesla Roadser).

o_nodnarb 12-08-2006 11:45 PM

that is COOL!!

o_zsilver_fox 12-09-2006 12:02 AM

While I'm not usually the "ZOMG CONSPIRACY" kind of type, I doubt that such a thing will get as far as it should in the coming years because of oil companies.

o_uber 12-09-2006 12:07 AM

Well eventually oil will run out, and so will oil companies.

o_backstaber 12-09-2006 12:13 AM

I doubt it it's gonna happen not necessarily because of the oil companies, but oil itself. It's a lot less expensive to drive cars powered by gasoline because it's already being used and has been for over 100 years, it's a proven technology. While cars being powered by water (as much as I would want) are still being tested and are just too expensive to produce at this time, and the demand for them isn't there yet.

But don't worry guys, when the time comes around where we need to use an alternative source of fuel for our cars, power plants, anything. It will come.

o_nezumi 12-09-2006 12:31 AM

The Tesla Roadster costs $80 or $90,000, but then again it's a sportscar.

o_ivaqual 12-09-2006 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backstaber
I doubt it it's gonna happen not necessarily because of the oil companies, but oil itself. It's a lot less expensive to drive cars powered by gasoline because it's already being used and has been for over 100 years, it's a proven technology.

no. there just isn't any interest (sigh).

http://www.csmonitor.com/2005/1007/p...ient=firefox-a

o_backstaber 12-09-2006 01:30 AM

Thanks nagual, for adding something completely unrelated to the comparison of gasoline driven cars against water driven cars. May I also add that you only focused on that aspect of what I said and you are taking it out of context.
Additionally, I think your purposefully trying to lure me into a completely different argument and I will not follow.

I'll end this with the fact that I strongly support the use of 85% Ethanol 15% gasoline fuel as an alternative to just gasoline. But as I have said, it will most likely come when the demand within the United States increases. What Brazil has done is pretty wonderful in my opinion, kudos to them.

o_nodnarb 12-09-2006 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backstaber
Thanks nagual, for adding something completely unrelated to the comparison of gasoline driven cars against water driven cars. May I also add that you only focused on that aspect of what I said and you are taking it out of context.
Additionally, I think your purposefully trying to lure me into a completely different argument and I will not follow.

I'll end this with the fact that I strongly support the use of 85% Ethanol 15% gasoline fuel as an alternative to just gasoline. But as I have said, it will most likely come when the demand within the United States increases. What Brazil has done is pretty wonderful in my opinion, kudos to them.

he did that because you said there was no demand by the people that are paying almost $3.00 a gallon

o_backstaber 12-09-2006 01:38 AM

Again, taken out of context. I must reiterate myself again. I was comparing Water Driven Cars to Gasoline Driven Cars. The Demand For Water Driven Cars Is Not There COMPARED To Gasoline Driven Cars.

Do I have to repeat?

o_ivaqual 12-09-2006 02:09 AM

jesus calm down there's nothing to be offended about. it is related since we were talking about wether oil will be abandoned or not for other solutions, and the whys and hows of that. in that link i think it states pretty well that if there is the general intention do it, it's doable in a relatively short period of time. i mean, it's a lot less expensive to drive cars based on gasoline or alcohol ? that's what i was pointing at.

i'm going to "lure" you into offtopic ? what is this i'm leading some conspiracy against you so we go off-topic ? do you realize how ridiculous this is ?

seriously you are going haywire

o_backstaber 12-09-2006 02:42 AM

Frankly, there was nothing offending of it. I was only being assertive in my views.
But, it's always the American who overreacts, right? ;)

About the change in arguement, you posted about something I wasn't talking about. So therefore it was a change in subtopic. I'm used to people trying to change the topic to their advantage in other forums, so bear with me if you find it weird/annoying.

Also, I know that a change like you described could take place, I want it to take place soon, and really badly too. But the fact that the demand at this moment in time isn't there is hindering it's progress. Whether it be the oil companies or the general population itself. But it will happen though, it just takes time.

o_broodingdude 12-09-2006 07:46 AM

This isn't happening fast enough.

Dospac 12-09-2006 07:58 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_fuel_cell

It seems up in the air whether or not this ever actually existed as a functional high efficiency form of electrolysis. The guy being poisoned and dying doesn't make me very happy though.. Yeah..

Interesting stuff though. Fusion power has of late also turned to electrical resonance shit, it seems likely that Meyer was onto something.

o_tyrus 12-09-2006 08:00 AM

I think this water powered idea is wonderful. It may take a long time to catch on, but I believe that eventually it will happen (maybe not even in my life- time, but eventually) Facing the facts, oil is a limited resource and even though we might not actually witness a shortage in our life-times, it will eventually happen. Not to mention oil combustion is bad for our health. Eventually, an alternate fuel source will be needed and over time, its demand will grow higher than the demand for oil using products.