Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Debates & Arguments (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Feminism (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=24408)

KubeDawg 04-28-2014 09:53 PM

Feminism

Discuss.

the_cake 04-28-2014 10:20 PM

feminists are lesbians and hate merica and watch cnn.

9u-9u-9u 04-29-2014 01:42 PM

it's not healthy to go against nature, both sexes suffer. feminism causes psychological damage

aleXtric 04-29-2014 11:29 PM

feminism is more ambiguous than the term globalization. make an actual topic and we can bash women together.

SuperDude 04-30-2014 02:17 PM

They're good in bed

_BEAN_ 03-26-2015 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KubeDawg (Post 503299)
Discuss.

Feminism is Male Chauvinism's mirrored reflection.

_BEAN_ 03-28-2015 08:45 AM

Nice little read for you Moto:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015...n_6651442.html

noeffeks 04-22-2015 06:18 PM

I think people need to take a second an separate the idea of feminism from the tumblr feminism. One is about equality, the other is about teenagers being obnoxious and generally giving the whole thing a bad name. Much like in the men's rights there are the dudes who go on a killing spree because women won't sleep with them, and the others are legitimately trying to equalize the courts in things like child custody. One is a legitimate goal to create equality, the other is an idiot who took it too far and gives the whole thing a bad name.

"The problem with having privilege your whole life is that equality starts to look a lot like oppression."

KubeDawg 04-22-2015 06:58 PM

The word feminism shouldn't even exist, as it is only a small portion of what I'd consider to be equality. It should not matter what social or economic class, background, race, sex, religion, or sexual orientation you are part of or associated with.

The problem with a lot of people's view on feminism today, which you pointed out is usually called 'tumblr feminism' is that it's approach is more to get back at men for the years women have been oppressed in whatever ways a lot of men caused, whether by very serious things from rape to lesser, but still important, things such as employment opportunities, voting rights and many other things.

I'm tired of hearing all these newly popularized words like Shaming, Trigger warnings, cis male scum, patriarchy, misandry, 'rape culture', 'not all men', misogyny and all the sub-sex classes like poly-sexual, pan-sexual, transsexual, etc.

Putting all men in a box like a lot of women have been put in may be great at giving some men a taste of their own medicine, but at the end of the day, most men are not like that and should be treated with the respect and equality that women themselves deserve and it only furthers to exacerbate and slow progress on the whole issue and turn their own agendas against them.

This is actually part of a bigger problem though, one that's not specific just to feminism but with racism and other things as well. The group mentality needs to die quickly and people should start embracing the individual instead. I'm not saying that will fix all the problems in the world, but it's a start. Once we start seeing everyone as just another human, then a lot of that old world type thinking starts to fall apart on its own. And I believe that process has already begun many many years ago. Sure it may have taken quite a while to get where we are today, but I'm starting to see a big shift in how people treat each other.

noeffeks 04-23-2015 12:51 AM

Hear hear KubeDawg

9u-9u-9u 04-23-2015 05:13 PM

one complaint i notice that is made about the unfair treatment of women is they aren't paid as much as men. but that's misleading, i think a reason they aren't paid as much is because on average they don't negotiate for better salaries as much. at the jobs i've had they've often accepted the base salary and even though it was less than what the men were making who had a similar level of responsibilities they were happy with it

Bogdan6 04-23-2015 08:07 PM

I'm cool with any kind of organization and movements as long as they demand equality and rights that everyone should have, not privilleges. As for feminism, I hardly believe it's really necessary in our days. Sure in certain backgrounds such as religious one or certain countries, there is still a level of sexism which needs to be fixed (or not, for some reason I have saw a lot of women complaining about their role in society in general, but passively accepting accusations from the church, but particular case). Unlike in older times, both sexes can now work, in a variety of domains (although most contruction-site workers for instance are men, and that's pretty hard work), both can vote, both take part in making a decision when comes to couples.

Now after browsing the internet for a good while, I have come across various stories in which women falsely acused men for rape or domestic violence and got a lot of support and in various cases, innocent men even being punished. While a man acusing his ex-wife/wife/whatever of domestic violence or reporting that he was raped is almost hardly taken serious. Now it really isn't equallity anymore, we need to keep things in balance.

I also agree with neoeffeks, we should keep the difference between the real feminist movement (which I'm sure it has decent followers with a noble cause) from tumblr feminism which are raging teenagers and/or crazy bitches.

KubeDawg 04-24-2015 12:58 AM

http://i.imgur.com/zqylLG4.jpg
https://41.media.tumblr.com/955fd815...ngtmo2_500.png

It's shit like this that has to stop.:lol:

WiFiDi 04-28-2015 03:59 AM

there will always be people who want more power. The movement has never been about equality (or at least this specific movement.) is about one group trying to get more power over another group. (in this case its gender.)

_BEAN_ 04-30-2015 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noeffeks (Post 508390)
I think people need to take a second an separate the idea of feminism from the tumblr feminism. "

That is like saying there is a good part of male chauvinism...Feminism isn't about equality, it is about the control of men. It is no different than male chauvinism without the penis.