Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   FF Tweaks (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=24378)

XPelargos 02-18-2014 07:54 PM

FF Tweaks

While FF sits in limbo for being greenlit, I propose a thread for very minor tweaks that would make FF a superior user experience.

1) WHOA! Airshot icons. --Coming soon!

2) When downloading a map, download the .lua file as well.
-It is very annoying to load a map in offline mode, only to find that you can't spawn as a class. lua files are exceedingly small, and this would only be beneficial.

:mrgreen:

ddm999 02-20-2014 02:38 PM

3) make ksour, napoli and avanti official maps

4) have people play it

edit = (#whytherenostrikethru)

GeoKill-----> 02-20-2014 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddm999 (Post 502925)
3) make ksour, napoli and avanti official maps

4) have people play it

Ksour and Napoli are official maps.

http://www.fortress-forever.com/changelogs/2.4

I think fans of Fortress Forever tend to forget that this is a community mod. To make people play FF, it requires everyone doing their part to make this happen.

[edit] A good example, Back when :e0: was around, 50bmg, Korey, Ostrich Egg, etc e0 crew was there for players. We would teach new user how to play FF. We would have them join our community. Building a community is what actually keeps players here, and I feel that is lost now; users just like to be a part of something. A good example is also the Old Timer guys, just with their own users they keep a server going.
I know if I came back, I would drag 50bmg in here, Ostrich, Frogger, Credge, and several other members.

The point is, if I can do it, others can as well.

Hopefully someone can step in and start a community.

Headz 02-21-2014 07:20 PM

Remove the chat legend from spy's when cloaked or invisible.

Fix bug where player can't see themselves from a camera ent setup, cam follows player movements etc are fine.

Allow in hammer an option for player model replacement that is map specific, also a footnote in hammer for the mapper to pre cache the model with a prop_static/dynamic.

Fix bug attaching a dynamic light to an ent via parent but the light does not follow/illuminate.

Fix doors opening/closing too much in maps such as swoop.

Disallow snipers to destroy jump pads ( pisses me off in aardvark )

Allow sg's to operate on func_trains/door ents ( after 3ft they blow up )

The sg's that can be built on a moving lift/etc could be very interesting in the right conditions and fun.

Sg's take slight fall damage from players ( headstomp style )

Tried the above mapping related items is how I found out about them, shame and hopefully easy fix?

ddm999 02-22-2014 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Headz (Post 502940)
Allow in hammer an option for player model replacement that is map specific, also a footnote in hammer for the mapper to pre cache the model with a prop_static/dynamic.

HAHAHAHAHA

nice try to get them a feature that'll only be used by pilkr ever in a billion years

(even if it existed, it'd be based in lua. precaching can already be done through lua, anyway)

Headz 02-22-2014 03:03 PM

haha actually it's not for pilkr but that would be funny.

It's for a map I want to make called ff_cripplecap

I need player to pass through a trigger_multipal_sclerosis
that forces player into a wheel chair. ( that trigger ent is a joke )

Every player is in a wheel chair and security disabled ( haha another joke ) raises a big door for accessibility wheel chair ramp route.

Imagine how funny scouts and meds would look ramp sliding in a wheel chair!!!! fkn hilarious.

I also want them to be in an Olympic style wheel chair with the exception of sniper, they will be in a big NHS style eletric one, that makes a lot of noise when the move and is also very slow ( not needed )

I'm serious about the player models in wheel chairs, think Atomic said he could do that using the original player models and making them in sit position.

Would be even better if the animations made them use 1 arm for propulsion, kinda like how the legs would move fast in tfc flying through the air, cherry on the cake.

ff_cripplecap you know you want it !!!

lol at engy sat in wheelchair twating his sg when it's under attack. It simply must be made possible.

Of course if you can do this via Lua, i'll buy you a few beers, need minigolf too don't forget :)

And I need it for smurfescape, I used model replacement a lot in my tfc maps.

Need cameras for camconc, another old tfc map of mine. side scrolling arcade style concing can't get cooler than that.

aleXtric 02-23-2014 02:02 AM

this thread was good for one post.

caesium 02-24-2014 12:33 PM

"Team Fortress Disabled" sounds like a good idea? I assume there would be no strafing in TFD?

ddm999 02-24-2014 03:45 PM

wheelie boosting & bouncehopping must be the movement techniques.

hadez 02-28-2014 02:50 AM

miss you cae, i'm still the best HW in the game but you were a close 2nd.

XPelargos 03-04-2014 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Headz (Post 502940)
Disallow snipers to destroy jump pads ( pisses me off in aardvark )

I like this. If we're not removing that class, then at least make jpads immune to sniper shots.

Also, cae and zE posting? Whoa.

caesium 03-05-2014 01:17 PM

Whoa, I miss team fortress..

Having got some distance from it all, I think FF gameplay is genuinely immensely fun when it's played "right". Maybe it could do well and have a sustainable player-base if given a steam release with a few simplifications to gameplay/default-controls, in-game matchmaking with lobby, and a cut-down set of maps so all the default ones have a good chance of being fun for everyone? Dangerously ontopic.

Keep dreaming, hadez :D

WiFiDi 03-06-2014 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caesium (Post 502996)
I think FF gameplay is genuinely immensely fun when it's played "right".

http://replygif.net/thumbnail/651.gif

caesium 03-06-2014 12:14 PM

How do you like your FF then? Sadly it seems to me too much is lost in translation for newcomers atm.

aleXtric 03-08-2014 02:02 PM

lost cause cae. go back to your real life. you made it out, dont get sucked back in.

caesium 03-09-2014 05:06 PM

Fuck you :-P I'm planning to start winding down for retirement soon so could do with something fun like FF.

XPelargos 03-16-2014 02:19 AM

[19:18] <@aleXtric> can we get assists
[19:18] <@aleXtric> in this game
[19:18] <@aleXtric> !notice
[19:18] -PickupBot- 6/8 ยค pool on undecided !add (2 more)
[19:19] <Largos> for real tho

XPelargos 03-16-2014 02:20 AM

[19:20] <@NeoNL> nope

OK, SORRY I ASKED

NeonLight 03-16-2014 08:03 PM

welp

spambot2.1 03-17-2014 02:28 AM

is ff the last stop for the tf series?

has there been any new developments in the tf scene?