Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   CrosuS Map / Mod Management System (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=12819)

FF|Skyrider 11-06-2007 09:42 AM

CrosuS Map / Mod Management System

Hey everyone, I believe quite a few people already know me for working on HL2Files with mirroring files, such as maps, models, skins, and so on. Since this week, I'm working for CrosuS now as well which means more mirrors for you guys, and also means you can choose how you wish to download them.

Quote:

CrosuS helps you manage the mods you have installed for your favorite games. It provides an easy way to detect and launch both the base game and mods for that game and lets you browse hosted mods and maps to install. For mods that are supported on CrosuS, it can also keep these up to date.

Bottom left, you will see Fortress Forever maps. (as an example).. The maps will be getting their own section very shortly, but If you want that map, all you have to press is "Download" which you can see on the right and you'll be downloading the map right away.. Once finished, you don't have to do anything else as the map has automatic been installed in your maps folder.

Some may be out-of-date, if so.. Please Private Message me or reply below so I can update it, and or add the new map / file you provide. Everyone must be familiar with CrosuS now as the Fortress Forever team advertised it on the main page. It's a very handy sofware, a must for everyone. You can download modifications & maps easily.

Do remember, in order for you to download the maps & modifications that has been added on CrosuS, you are required to login. Plus, if you never knew this.

If you don't understand some things, don't worry. The staff (like me) will correct those things and add the maps on CrosuS as soon as possible!

Everything 11-06-2007 11:47 AM

Awesome, I'l check these out..

FF|Skyrider 11-06-2007 12:33 PM

The maps that I have added on CrosuS are 90% of all maps I added on HL2Files. The last 2 are only on CrosuS at the moment. All the maps I've added ony CrosuS should be fully working, if you find any problems please notify me about it. As said, if you see any maps out-of-date, please Private Message me about it with an updated version.

4est 11-06-2007 01:20 PM

I'm going to sticky this in gen for a bit..... maybe in belongs in mapping... but meh...

edit-

OMG!!! you have skeeball!!! YES!

FF|Skyrider 11-06-2007 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4est
I'm going to sticky this in gen for a bit..... maybe in belongs in mapping... but meh...

edit-

OMG!!! you have skeeball!!! YES!

I don't think the skeeball has a lua script though. That "port" really should be fixed :p. Thanks for the sticky, but do remember this is also for models, skins, and so on.. Not just maps only! :D

SoBe Green 11-06-2007 04:01 PM

Get the community maps on there.

stino 11-06-2007 04:54 PM

why a dod:s map?

FF|Skyrider 11-06-2007 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoBe Green
Get the community maps on there.

Community maps? You mean fan made maps for Fortress Forever?.. I've already done that, most of the maps are already there.. And I've also said they should Private Message me or post a link here if things are missing :).

Quote:

Originally Posted by stino
why a dod:s map?

Excuse me? O_o

KubeDawg 11-06-2007 05:53 PM

I have about 40+ FF maps if you'd like to add them.

FF|Skyrider 11-06-2007 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KubeDawg
I have about 40+ FF maps if you'd like to add them.

Sure! :).. I do need a description for all of them, and also screenshots ^_^.. And of course the developer name as well. I've updated the first thread with more information.

SoBe Green 11-06-2007 07:03 PM

Well now I can't find a damn thing Fortress Forever related on that website. I label this entire program useless. I even searched "Fortress Forever" and I got nothing not a single result. Worthless waste of my time. Think I'll just stick to using this piece of shit to download updates for the mod itself.

***Edit
Ok got the program to list downloads but its slower than if I downloaded them myself. Still useless.

FF|Skyrider 11-06-2007 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoBe Green
Well now I can't find a damn thing Fortress Forever related on that website. I label this entire program useless. I even searched "Fortress Forever" and I got nothing not a single result. Worthless waste of my time. Think I'll just stick to using this piece of shit to download updates for the mod itself.

***Edit
Ok got the program to list downloads but its slower than if I downloaded them myself. Still useless.

I'm not sure what you are talking about.. It's fast for me, and I have no problems with it. This software is very useful, and even compresses all the files that has been added on crosus. Thus, makes the download time less. Plus, one single download button will download the map in the right directory even so you can play the map right away without problems.

Dr.Satan 11-06-2007 07:16 PM

Yeah I actually really like the program and hope to see it become a standard for FF!

mervaka 11-06-2007 07:33 PM

its a good program, but it will be awesome if more people adopted it! they need some sort of valve sized propaganda machine.

FF|Skyrider 11-06-2007 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mervaka
its a good program, but it will be awesome if more people adopted it! they need some sort of valve sized propaganda machine.

You could suggest it ;). Either way, I edited my thread fully now and all the information is in the first page.

Pon 11-06-2007 07:58 PM

CrosuS (why the caps S?) is a nice little program. Hope it takes off, both in the FF community as well as beyond.

I'll put up any maps I make on it, thats for sure.

mervaka 11-06-2007 09:32 PM

yeah, i'm gonna get my castle map done and put up on there soon i hope.

GeoKill-----> 11-06-2007 09:41 PM

So you are the one making ff_castle?
I'm liking it so far

mervaka 11-06-2007 09:46 PM

indeed. is it circulating at all? i didnt release it, but i added _beta[1|2] on the end in case it did, so i can release it properly without any name conflicts.

squeek. 11-06-2007 10:18 PM

Sounds great. Good to see community members stepping up in places where it's needed.