Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Other Games (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   (Llama) Mann vs Machine (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=23468)

Lost 08-15-2012 11:39 AM

Mann vs Machine

I gotta say, I'm actually gonna play this.

http://kotaku.com/5934845/team-fortr...r-call-of-duty

oaties 08-17-2012 12:00 AM

It looks ok. I might try it out, probably not though.

FDA_Approved 08-17-2012 12:05 AM

I played a little by myself. The upgrades look like they could be fun to play with. Increased speed and jump height. But other than that it seems pretty stale.

May as well go play l4d.

Also it's a hilarious money sink for valve. To play on an "official" MvM server you have to buy a ticket from the store. And then you can buy other tickets for increased drops in the game mode. So basicly, you can play for free. But if you want to get the goods, you either have to buy or trade for these shitty tickets. Valve really is brilliant at making money, my hats off to them. No pun intended.

oaties 08-17-2012 01:50 AM

So people can't host their own MvM servers? That's pretty dumb..

FDA_Approved 08-17-2012 02:06 AM

You can, but if it's not "official" then you don't get the good stuff I guess.

Still dumb.

Lost 08-17-2012 02:25 AM

Yeah, I could care fuckall about the goodies, which is why I haven't played the game since it became what it is.

FDA_Approved 08-17-2012 02:58 AM

In that case, may as well go play l4d.

KubeDawg 08-17-2012 04:37 AM

Zombie Mode will be available for CS:GO when released on a similarly-related note:

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/08/16/co...ady-for-launc/

CaptainAhab 08-17-2012 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KubeDawg (Post 494882)
Zombie Mode will be available for CS:GO when released on a similarly-related note:

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/08/16/co...ady-for-launc/

Tempting because it looks like it'll be the only competitive shooter on the market (well, one that's actually played by a ton of people). Too bad about me and my fucking dated computer. :(

When did this whole zombie mode craze begin? WaW?

FDA_Approved 08-17-2012 06:39 AM

The upgrades like fast movement, jump heighth, and all the weapon upgrades you can use in mvm are all pretty fun to mess around with. But other than that it's just spamming at robots.

moosh 08-17-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainAhab (Post 494884)
Tempting because it looks like it'll be the only competitive shooter on the market (well, one that's actually played by a ton of people). Too bad about me and my fucking dated computer. :(

When did this whole zombie mode craze begin? WaW?

Zombie mods began with various zombie infection mods coded using amxmodx for cs 1.6 I believe, I still play them from time to time and it's classic fun. :)

There are so many variations but this is the one everybody used to (and still do I bet) play. After Valve released the original L4D shit exploded with zombie games.

This one uses bots for the zombies instead of players. Precursor to L4D, though I'm not sure if this mode was made before l4d got released. :D

Lost 08-17-2012 11:35 AM

I enjoy horde modes pretty well, and I'd still play L4D2, if there were decent games to be had anymore. Sooooo much rage.

CaptainAhab 08-17-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost (Post 494897)
I enjoy horde modes pretty well, and I'd still play L4D2, if there were decent games to be had anymore. Sooooo much rage.

Yep, one of the worst communities I've encountered. Didn't stick around there too long. :-P:thumbsdown:

Frosty 08-17-2012 09:00 PM

I was pretty excited until i read the part about having to purchase tokens screw that. Been enjoying csgo beta and looking forward to the zombie mod. My team is running a public server and ventrilo starting on launch day. <3

FDA_Approved 08-17-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 494910)
I was pretty excited until i read the part about having to purchase tokens screw that. Been enjoying csgo beta and looking forward to the zombie mod. My team is running a public server and ventrilo starting on launch day. <3

Like I said, you don't HAVE to, you just get better drops if you do. The drops are all cosmetics.

AfterShock 08-27-2012 11:30 AM

So i'm actually quite interested in playing this with 3 of my friends, has anyone tried it yet?

Some questions:

1. Is it playable with 4, or do you need the full 6?
2. How hard is it?
3. How does it work, do you just need to survive, do the bots try to kill you, or do they try to destroy an item in the maps?
4. What happens if you die, do you respawn or is it 1 life only like CS?
5. How many waves are there and how many bots in each one?
6. Do they heal each other?

<3

Pixel 08-27-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfterShock (Post 495103)
So i'm actually quite interested in playing this with 3 of my friends, has anyone tried it yet?

Some questions:

1. Is it playable with 4, or do you need the full 6?
2. How hard is it?
3. How does it work, do you just need to survive, do the bots try to kill you, or do they try to destroy an item in the maps?
4. What happens if you die, do you respawn or is it 1 life only like CS?
5. How many waves are there and how many bots in each one?
6. Do they heal each other?

<3

1. Yes
  2. There are 3 difficulties. Pretty easy if you're team doesn't suck. Hard if they do.
  3. Bots try to carry bomb to hatch at end of the map. They try to murder your face.
  4. There is a respawn timer, but you can use cash (used for upgrades) to buy yourself back into the game sooner
  5. 7 or 8 waves. One wave could be like 150 scouts another wave is a single tank. Final wave usually is tank + normal robots + giant robots.
  6. Some waves have uber medics which uber giant robots. Unsure if normal medics heal. I would assume so.

Lost 08-30-2012 03:17 AM

I tried for a few days after work to get in a game but have to be successful. Maybe this weekend.

FDA_Approved 08-30-2012 01:39 PM

Rather than sit in the official line or what ever, I just use the server browser. Open it up and filter for mvm maps, then just find one with 2 or 3 people, it will probly fill fast.

moosh 08-30-2012 08:40 PM

This can get pretty boring on the normal difficulty, but once you bump it up to advanced, get ready to witness huge shit stains in your undies. :thumbsup: