Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Communities, Leagues, Clans and Guilds (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Stop Being An Asshole in Pubs (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=15164)

greenday5494 04-02-2008 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myersjr
I completely agree, if we all want this community to grow, we gotta treat people better. Of course, i can only speak from my personal experience, most of the folks that i met have been pretty cool. There have been some dudes or chicks that i didnt care for because of the crap they were spewing from their piehole but, i like the game so i dealt. You will always have these individuals on servers and to quote Skanky's sig..

"That one goes without saying"

that was mine! :evil:

.50bmg 04-03-2008 03:47 PM

Yes, please. especially clan members, can we at least pretend like we are a nicer class of people than that which can be found on CS? Please don't get annoyed if a noob does something wrong likes spamms the spawn or goes into the spawn room. Just inform them that it is agains the rules. Everyone goes off the deep end, and we end up losing a potential player. Try not to act indifferent either. Peeps ask quesitons all the time, and a lot of times nobody answers.. that's disheartening for a new player. The more you act cool, the more cool players we'll get. Give a little love peeps <3 KK?

reaper18 04-13-2008 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .50bmg
Yes, please. especially clan members, can we at least pretend like we are a nicer class of people than that which can be found on CS? Please don't get annoyed if a noob does something wrong likes spamms the spawn or goes into the spawn room. Just inform them that it is agains the rules. Everyone goes off the deep end, and we end up losing a potential player. Try not to act indifferent either. Peeps ask quesitons all the time, and a lot of times nobody answers.. that's disheartening for a new player. The more you act cool, the more cool players we'll get. Give a little love peeps <3 KK?

*hugs*
<.<
>.>

o, my bad.

StrYdeR 04-13-2008 10:02 AM

Ahhh fooey, hey reaper

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/7602/adopeddz5.jpg

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/4595/spankjg9.gif

myersjr 04-18-2008 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenday5494
that was mine! :evil:

To what are you referring Greenday?? :p

.50bmg 04-18-2008 05:07 PM

Homey <3 reap :D

greenday5494 04-18-2008 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myersjr
To what are you referring Greenday?? :p

that was in my old sig. :D

myersjr 04-18-2008 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenday5494
that was in my old sig. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by skankybutterpuss
that goes without saying.

Is that what ur speaking of?? Im just glad im figure out how to use those things without actually going to quote from the post..:)

greenday5494 04-19-2008 02:14 AM

yup exactly. :D

Darkness24713 04-21-2008 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dys
If this applies to you then stop it already. In case you haven't noticed, our pub scene (and clan scene) is still pretty damn small. Occassionaly newcomers join a server and I've seen people with and without clan tags start demoralizing the newcomers simply for being newbie. That's fucking ridiculous, are you retarded? This game obviously needs more people, why the hell anyone would deter newcomers is beyond me. Stop being arrogant douchebags because you think you already know how to play the game because if you don't, there won't be a game to play. There's enough dumb assholes in the real world, don't be one in a video game community that's meant to be fun for everyone playing.

Every single one of us was a newbie to some game in the past. Don't forget how much fun it was to explore a new game with friendly people as you learned more about it.

Wherever an admin feels this thread belongs feel free to place it there. And also feel free to sticky it to everyone's forehead.

Grow up. If you can't handle someone saying mean things then leave the server. Everyone knows that Fortress based games are made up of 80% assholes so you might as well deal with it.

[AE] 82694 04-21-2008 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkness24713
Grow up. If you can't handle someone saying mean things then leave the server. Everyone knows that Fortress based games are made up of 80% assholes so you might as well deal with it.

How the fuck is a noob supposed to know that 80% of us are assholes? If they have played tfc for any length of time there not a noob they understand the basic concept. Thats the kind of attitude people are trying to change to give the noobs a chance to grow into something other than a noob.

Inceptor 04-21-2008 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .50bmg
Homey <3 reap :D

No homo <3?

LOLUMAD??? NOBODY CARES YOU'RE 13!!!

myersjr 04-25-2008 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkness24713

It would appear that you have a very low opinion of FF players. I can tell you this, if you carry an attitude like this into a server and treat somebody like you're an ass, its going to drive them off. Period. If there is one thing we know about people its that if they are playing with people that are talkative and enjoyable to be around, they'll stay. They may not be enamored with the game they're playing but they'll hang out just cuz they like the people that are on teh server at the moment. Ive seen this happen time and time again. It happens alot on the AE server, it happens on the NS server. Another thing, i know that many of you are very skilled at this game and tfc and you like to win and hone your skills and all that, but your absence from pubs, is really starting to hurt the game. I know there are many of you that feel that playing in pubs is a waste of your skills. But, perhaps if you guys were in pubs and talking to people and/or helping them, it would increase the player base?? In addition, just bs'ing with them on occasion is a good thing. Let people know what this player base is all about. There have been a few instances where I personally would try to get someone's attention through steam or whatever, only to get ignored. This is not good. If your ingame, let the person know that your ingame. Be as helpful as possible. If yo dont want to, then say something like, "I dont know if i could be of much help with that", or "Im kinda busy at the moment"..easy enough??