Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Maps (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   (Released) Concmap_Ice (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=18026)

EquilibriuM 11-01-2008 02:04 AM

[RELEASED] Concmap_Ice

Tyrant asked me to release it tonite so here ya go!
http://www.sendspace.com/file/zwdlmx

squeek. 11-01-2008 03:17 AM

Mirrored and !ffmap'ed.

http://www.ffpickup.com/files/ff_concmap_ice.zip

Lt Llama 11-01-2008 09:52 AM

Nice remake. Some people will get really happy about this. Added to Euroskillz map cycle.

diablo`- 11-01-2008 12:44 PM

time to take FF concing to the next level :D

push tyrant to release his juggle map!

diablo`- 11-01-2008 01:23 PM

just finished it. nice one. but the last jump is much harder then in the original, its a biatch :D

PartialSchism 11-01-2008 04:30 PM

squeek. idk if it was your file or what, but i just had some wierd stuffz go on with the downloaded files. they would only show up as files, no specific type :|

*edit* meh. i just renamed them. nevermind.

KubeDawg 11-01-2008 07:17 PM

beat all but last jump. nice remake, although i think medics/scouts should get a restock of concs on respawn instead of having to waste time grabbing bags.

squeek. 11-01-2008 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PartialSchism
squeek. idk if it was your file or what, but i just had some wierd stuffz go on with the downloaded files. they would only show up as files, no specific type :|

*edit* meh. i just renamed them. nevermind.

Yeah, I'll re-upload. Don't know what happened.

PartialSchism 11-01-2008 08:54 PM

its the same way on the sendspace sooooouuuuja posted.

squeek. 11-01-2008 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PartialSchism
its the same way on the sendspace sooooouuuuja posted.

It's fixed on ffpickup.com now.

tim_ 11-02-2008 12:03 AM

team mimic has added quad pm for .lua

zSilver_Fox 01-01-2009 05:42 AM

Epic bump for epic map.

Now where's ice2?

zSilver_Fox 01-01-2009 08:42 PM

Now that I've played the map, I take back what I said about it being epic. I got more of a "Meh, ok." feel while playing it. Probably because I expected the actual jump dimensions to more closely match the original version. Major differences that I saw

1- Bridge up quite a bit higher, and the rock architecture makes it harder to get close enough to the edge to get concs where I want them.

2- Stairs smaller

3- Brushes overlapped instead of their edges being on the same plane. Instead of:

_
_
_

It was more of a
_
_
_

4- WHERE'S THE GIANT OBSTACLE THAT GAVE ME SO MUCH GRIEF!?

5- No complaints tbh.

6- It was an L, not a 90 degree angle with equal length legs. At least make the floor closer if you're going to be mean and do that :(.

7- Much more merciful on that end part. <3

8- No complaints.

9- Ceiling is quite a bit lower.

10- It made me cry.

Not really complaints, just things that stood out to me. I understand that it's a remake, but closer attention to detail would have made me much happier. I still clench onto TFC.

Tyrant 01-01-2009 09:25 PM

This was not intended to be a carbon copy. It is why things were different.

1 - raised due to ff players. They are not the greatest concers. Didn't want a rage quit on j1.

2 - Stairs smaller. More controlled 2 conc. Felt like it was the better choice.

4 - dont forget the secret too and spectator room.

6 had to be changed for hh reasons due to ff hh being way to strong. It is why it is longer and more precise.

7, once again FF physics air strafing is much more slower due to air acceleration in FF.

9 This jump was changed to match the map I added the end bit. To make it so it was not a just a drop conc. It was a precise drop conc.

10 Made it harder last jumps are suppose to be hard.

Don't tell me closer attention to detail when there was hardly any detail to begin with. I also had countless compiles to get the jumps to feel the way they are for FF. I knew certain elements in FF are not the same as TFC.

Also if you didn't notice the strafe on j3 is alot easier too. It should be tighter. All these points you pointed out I looked at.

zSilver_Fox 01-01-2009 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrant (Post 418428)
This was not intended to be a carbon copy. It is why things were different.

1 - raised due to ff players. They are not the greatest concers. Didn't want a rage quit on j1. Understandable.

2 - Stairs smaller. More controlled 2 conc. Felt like it was the better choice. [/b]Understandable again[/b]

4 - dont forget the secret too and spectator room. MOAR SECRETS DAMNIT!

6 had to be changed for hh reasons due to ff hh being way to strong. It is why it is longer and more precise. Ok, makes sense.

7, once again FF physics air strafing is much more slower due to air acceleration in FF. See above

9 This jump was changed to match the map I added the end bit. To make it so it was not a just a drop conc. It was a precise drop conc. Makes sense again. I was just used to the old way of easily dropping a conc and being done with it.

10 Made it harder last jumps are suppose to be hard.

Don't tell me closer attention to detail when there was hardly any detail to begin with. I also had countless compiles to get the jumps to feel the way they are for FF. I knew certain elements in FF are not the same as TFC.

Also if you didn't notice the strafe on j3 is alot easier too. It should be tighter. All these points you pointed out I looked at.

Also chatted with Tyr on PSF's server. Understanding had come about.

Now WHERE THE FUCK IS ICE2!?

Black][ce 04-05-2015 12:20 AM

Yeah, where's Ice2?

Well? I'm waiting?

_BEAN_ 06-10-2015 06:04 AM

The lua seems to be affected since the update. Is there anyway that this can be corrected? Would like to get some of the conc maps functioning on Snatch's, but many of the lua's are broken.