Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Mapping (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Any Xmass theme maps? (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=12917)

5chaap2k 11-12-2007 08:47 AM

Any Xmass theme maps?

I want to setup a FF XMASS CTF Pub because 24/7 duckhunt isn't such a hit. Are there any known Xmass themed maps at this moment?

i remember a thread about ff_xmasswell a few weeks ago but cant seem te relocate it :(

Thanks in advance :)

EquilibriuM 11-12-2007 10:13 AM

yea zilver or whatever said he was making 1 but he says alot of things :P
yet still at %1 who knows.

stino 11-12-2007 10:36 AM

i was making a xmass push map where you had to steal a gift, turn it into a bomb and detonate it in the enemy base, a side objective whould be to steal the star of the chrismas tree in the yard and put it on your tree :D, once it's stolen the enemy team can take it from your base :D

EquilibriuM 11-12-2007 10:23 PM

Oh plz if there is a god in FF not another push map, plz reconsider that whole idea, b/c if you havnt noticed push map kills server soon as it comes on. Also no foolish admin even puts that map in rotation as of now, or at least none of the servers that are being played on.push sucks always has always did meaning in tfc too.

Ihmhi 11-13-2007 01:29 AM

I have seen his map, it is not exactly some close quarters stuff where you have 22 guys jammed into a warehouse... it is actually pretty open.

stino 11-16-2007 10:43 AM

push is a gameplay of pushing a ball/flag from the midmap to the enemy base, the map ff_push is just a bad name for the map, like if 2fort was called ff_ctf ...

zSilver_Fox 11-16-2007 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeRo SkillZ
yea zilver or whatever said he was making 1 but he says alot of things :P
yet still at %1 who knows.

Are you saying something about me?

I was going to remake ff_grinch, but was unable to get ahold of the original mapper, and this thing called "life" got in the way. I'll look into making a christmas themed climb map though, a la kz style. I absolutely LOVE Xmas themes... and XXXmas themes too :).

Ihmhi 11-16-2007 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zSilver_Fox
but was unable to get ahold of the original mapper

If you can't reach the original mapper, than you just go ahead and make the map.

When it comes to mapping it is on the person making a remake to try and contact the original mapper... if they can not reach him/her after a reasonable amount of effort, then they are completely justified in going ahead with the remake. (Just make sure credit is given where credit's due in the .txt.)

Hawk Eye 11-16-2007 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeRo SkillZ
push sucks always has always did meaning in tfc too.

Thats weird, It was one of the most fun maps back in the beta. I'd have thought more people would have liked this one.

zSilver_Fox 11-16-2007 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihmhi
If you can't reach the original mapper, than you just go ahead and make the map.

When it comes to mapping it is on the person making a remake to try and contact the original mapper... if they can not reach him/her after a reasonable amount of effort, then they are completely justified in going ahead with the remake. (Just make sure credit is given where credit's due in the .txt.)

That was my "I'm too lazy" excuse :(.

Skanky Butterpuss 11-18-2007 02:32 PM

shaddup and make it, bitchface! :p

zSilver_Fox 11-18-2007 05:57 PM

You're not gonna see it now :P. The base is so messed up it's rediculous.

Skanky Butterpuss 11-18-2007 07:02 PM

FIXXXXXXXXXXX

Dr.Satan 12-13-2007 10:16 PM

has there been any status on any christmas maps? would love to get some included in The Community Map Pack.

stino 12-14-2007 12:10 PM

hmm, i still need a few models and i cant get away with setting up the lua :D

פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ 12-15-2007 10:22 AM

I can try to make some textures (I seem to be quite good with photoshop) but to import them or whatnot that's not my cup of tea.

stino 12-15-2007 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ
I can try to make some textures (I seem to be quite good with photoshop) but to import them or whatnot that's not my cup of tea.

i can do both, i just need models

Desyphur 12-15-2007 09:38 PM

What models?

פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ 12-17-2007 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desyphur
What models?

to put textures on, DUH! :lol:

Desyphur 12-20-2007 05:49 AM

What do you need models of?