Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Maps (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   (Released) FF_Meltdown (ex-ff_rmpfort2) (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=10709)

elchupacabra 09-14-2007 04:58 AM

FF_Meltdown (ex-ff_rmpfort2)

Edit:
FF_Meltdown!

Hopefully I didn't forget to include any stuff. lua is not working properly as of now and there's a few more small things I need to add.
Screenshots of any problems would be very helpful.

:)

I've been working on this map a lot in the last couple of days, and now that FF is finally here I can work on completing it!

Here's some screenshots.

Overview:

It's only Red Base at the moment, I want to get that finished before I have to add the Blue Base lol.

I have a few questions. First, I have some ambient_generics I want to play whenever each team caps a flag, how might I go about doing this? Also, I have some env_embers, which worked fine in hl2dm but in FF they seem to have little red flickery squares around the ember textures.

Anyway, just wondering if you guys had any suggestions or thoughts on its appearance.

:)

Beetle 09-14-2007 05:57 AM

looks fun for concing

own3r 09-14-2007 09:00 AM

Very impressive art style, for blue an icy theme would be the Icing on the cake, maybe a glassier coming down between two mountains or something similar. Its looking very nice I have to say, keep up the good work. Get a playtest going so the gameplay can be sorted out before you do any more, OvD style just make the midfield a bit bigger to simulate the time taken to get there.

Doughnut-4|4- 09-14-2007 09:15 AM

Very impressive art. I hesitate to comment on layout without running around it; I have trouble visualizing you see. But I'm okay with small midfields, if the defense can still put up a fight.

BoltR 09-14-2007 09:31 AM

Visually the map looks awesome.

ClangClangBoom 09-14-2007 09:36 AM

your plainest areas put my most detailed rooms to shame. i envy your skills. please finish this map, as I'm curious to see how it plays.

nodnarb 09-14-2007 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by own3r
Very impressive art style, for blue an icy theme would be the Icing on the cake, maybe a glassier coming down between two mountains or something similar. Its looking very nice I have to say, keep up the good work. Get a playtest going so the gameplay can be sorted out before you do any more, OvD style just make the midfield a bit bigger to simulate the time taken to get there.

Please do this!

IvaQuaL 09-14-2007 12:50 PM

wow, nice job

vartaxe 09-14-2007 03:38 PM

looks great!

Imbrifer 09-14-2007 03:42 PM

It looks amazing. Excellent theme, wonderful use of curves and such. I really appreciate its uniqueness, and it looks like you've put some time, effort, thought and planning into the layout and height variability.
Might I suggest that you break up the greenish/gray/brown concrete texture on the walls somehow. Using the ff textures, add some detail in, or a team color stripe, or something. Some rooms (like in shot 3) there are only a few places to see the team color of the room. Its a good texture, but its just way too...everywhere. Additionally, add some trim on the curvy edges on the front of each base.

As far as the ambient_generics go, you'll have to create a command in the lua file to tell the ambient_generic to play when the flag is capped.

elchupacabra 09-14-2007 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by own3r
Very impressive art style, for blue an icy theme would be the Icing on the cake, maybe a glassier coming down between two mountains or something similar.

Perfect! I was just going to have lava both sides but I love this suggestions :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imbrifer
Might I suggest that you break up the greenish/gray/brown concrete texture on the walls somehow. Using the ff textures, add some detail in, or a team color stripe, or something. Some rooms (like in shot 3) there are only a few places to see the team color of the room. Its a good texture, but its just way too...everywhere. Additionally, add some trim on the curvy edges on the front of each base.

I've improved the trim texture and added some trim along curved edges inside the base, I'm not sure where else to put trim on the fronts of the bases though. I'll see what I can do about varying the texture slightly and add some more team colours, see what anything fits.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imbrifer
As far as the ambient_generics go, you'll have to create a command in the lua file to tell the ambient_generic to play when the flag is capped.

That's the problem lol, I figured it would probably be done in lua but I am terrible at that sorta stuff and have no clue what it would be!.

Here are a couple of slightly updated screenies.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions guys :)

GeoKill-----> 09-15-2007 07:43 AM

Wow I really dig this map

tfcOG 09-15-2007 05:26 PM

looks good but could use a catchier title

elchupacabra 09-15-2007 11:03 PM

A few updates, added quite a lot of team colour trim.

Hopefully that looks somewhat better now

And I made a start on that glacier :)

vartaxe 09-15-2007 11:33 PM

it looks fantastic!

StatisticZ 09-16-2007 12:12 AM

Amazing.

punkrockrocks 09-16-2007 02:02 AM

Simply awesome.

When map will out?

hlstriker 09-16-2007 02:10 AM

This map looks extremely good. I love how you set the front of the bases up.

It reminds me of an old GI Joe episode I saw, rofl.

nodnarb 09-16-2007 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elchupacabra
A few updates, added quite a lot of team colour trim.

Hopefully that looks somewhat better now

And I made a start on that glacier :)

I can't wait to play this!

BoltR 09-16-2007 06:29 AM

I can't either, that one room has a stupid amounts of potential for double jumps. :shock: