Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   How to fix FF (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=22982)

Ragdoll 08-21-2011 04:16 PM

How to fix FF

1. Reintroduce infection spreading and killing by either:
A. Make it so that any health gain at all, from any source, whether from a backpack, medic, or healthkit, eliminates an infection. Only a heal from a medic, however, grants immunity.
or B. Make friendly respawn turrets target infected players.

2. Nerf the sniper by either:
A. Adding a scope overlay while the sniper is zoomed in, and making the rifle less accurate while zoomed out.
or B. Doubling the amount of time necessary between shots.

There. It's fixed.
Flameshield on.

oaties 08-21-2011 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragdoll (Post 488617)
A. Make it so that any health gain at all, from any source, whether from a backpack, medic, or healthkit, eliminates an infection. Only a heal from a medic, however, grants immunity.

I agree with your ideas for sniper, but this is kinda weird. Knowing the map would make infections useless.

Ragdoll 08-21-2011 05:00 PM

It makes infections a defensive weapon, considering that the opposing team usually can't pick up health and ammobags from the enemy team's base.

Raynian 08-21-2011 07:17 PM

Kinda confused with 1B, don't think 1A is necessary but whatever.

And please nerf snipers. Absolutely.

BinaryLife 08-22-2011 03:01 PM

I have no problems getting around snipers on most maps.There are some where it's extremely difficult and frustrating unless there is a sniper on my team that's half-way decent. But as I've said before, that's not really a class balancing issue.

Trying to think of a way to fix some of those more frustrating parts though. Maybe if getting hit by bullets would through the scope out of zoom and push the target off kilt? I haven't played as a sniper in a while so I don't know if this happens in some form now. Basically, the only time I get frustrated playing another class against a sniper is when I can't leave my base because a sniper has found a good spot and just shoots every 3rd person coming out with great accuracy. It would be nice if taking pot shots could give me a chance to knock his aim off and let me sneak by.

This also doesn't destroy the power he has in a way that is too extreme which in my opinion is what you are asking. See, every other class can at least get shot, and run away from. If a scout goes against a HW he can conc away. Wont kill him, but he can run away. It's hard to do that with a sniper on some maps. So being able to shoot his aim off so you can levels the playing field a little bit.

Iggy 08-22-2011 09:01 PM

You know, I wouldn't mind a modification(nerf?) to the Sniper like what Binary suggests. Taking the shot could "recoil" the rifle, making you re-aim. The higher the charge, the higher the recoil. It wouldn't destroy "speed sniping"(shooting without a charged shot), but a fully charged shot would require you to re-aquire your target. Definitely a good idea. I would guess this would take minimal coding(though I could be wrong), and be fairly easy to implement.

Thoughts?

KubeDawg 08-23-2011 01:12 AM

Agreed.

angrypyro 08-23-2011 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iggy (Post 488631)
You know, I wouldn't mind a modification(nerf?) to the Sniper like what Binary suggests. Taking the shot could "recoil" the rifle, making you re-aim. The higher the charge, the higher the recoil. It wouldn't destroy "speed sniping"(shooting without a charged shot), but a fully charged shot would require you to re-aquire your target. Definitely a good idea. I would guess this would take minimal coding(though I could be wrong), and be fairly easy to implement.

Thoughts?

Isn't this already in the game when you shoot the sniper with explosive weapons or grenades and it knocks them around? Plus the sniper can't fire when in the air. The problem is that other than the railgun, nothing is fast enough to hit the sniper at long ranges.

chilledsanity 08-23-2011 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angrypyro (Post 488635)
The problem is that other than the railgun, nothing is fast enough to hit the sniper at long ranges.

http://www.fortress-forever.com/wiki...%27tUpload.jpg

Unless they're at 4 points of health, then they better WATCH OUT

reaper18 08-23-2011 12:33 PM

Projectile-based sniper rifle ;)

BinaryLife 08-23-2011 01:00 PM

Well chilled the point would be to make the shotgun work more effectively against a sniper. Not so much in the killing him, but in the preventing him from killing you. If he gets hit he loses his scope and target. Just to make it a little more balanced.

WiFiDi 08-23-2011 05:19 PM

the problem with the game isn't sniper. its one of the problems but nerfing it isn't the answer it needs to be redone. :rolleyes:

Pixel 08-23-2011 05:23 PM

Quote:

Isn't this already in the game when you shoot the sniper with explosive weapons or grenades and it knocks them around? Plus the sniper can't fire when in the air. The problem is that other than the railgun, nothing is fast enough to hit the sniper at long ranges.

Tranq is :)

KubeDawg 08-23-2011 05:56 PM

Give sniper a super fast projectile sniper shot.:thumbsup: At least it'd be better than the current hitscan sniper shots.

Agent Buckshot Moose 08-23-2011 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KubeDawg (Post 488644)
Give sniper a super fast projectile sniper shot.:thumbsup: At least it'd be better than the current hitscan sniper shots.

Only if it can actually hit people.

Iggy 08-23-2011 09:12 PM

Quote:

Yes, but in order for that to happen, you have to be close enough to get that done. One of the main complaints is that a Sniper can insta-gib target after target, without having to re-aim unless they miss a shot and allow an enemy player to get near them. This idea puts that mechanic into the gun, so that when it's fired, you have to re-aquire your target. It "nerfs" the Sniper, without "nerfing" his role in the game.

I wouldn't mind the Sniper rifle becoming a projectile weapon.... but it would have to be done similar to the Combine Snipers in HL2. You can see the shot coming in, but it's pretty damned difficult to avoid.

Hell, even both of those ideas put together would be fine with me. It would up the skill level for Snipers, but change them enough that people shouldn't be as annoyed by them.

Ragdoll 08-24-2011 12:20 AM

And the projectile has to send your corpse fucking flying and make it gib when it hits a wall.
There. It's fixed.

Gwarsbane 08-24-2011 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragdoll (Post 488617)
or B. Make friendly respawn turrets target infected players.

2. Nerf the sniper by either:
A. Adding a scope overlay while the sniper is zoomed in, and making the rifle less accurate while zoomed out.
or B. Doubling the amount of time necessary between shots.

There. It's fixed.
Flameshield on.

1. Its something I have wanted, but there are sooo many problems with it. What you suggest would pretty much make infecting people useless totally even if it does spread.

Just keep it like its/was where you could pick up health and live, but it would not cure you, the only cure would still have to come from the medic.

I also think that it should take 2 to 3 seconds of being near someone to pass the infection.

And once near the entrance of a spawn zone, and side the infection would not spread. This would help keep problem players from just standing in the spawn or just outside the spawn door from infecting their own team.

2. No I don't like those ideas, but I do like this one

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iggy (Post 488631)

Thoughts?

Thats a sniper idea I could get behind.

KubeDawg 08-24-2011 08:06 PM

Well as far as the medic is concerned, I think the class could be simplified by getting rid of the right click function to throw med kits, getting rid of the medikit weapon that heals/infects people, and replacing it with a weapon that shoots out some sort of projectile that will heal teammates and infect/damage enemies.

Ragdoll 08-24-2011 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KubeDawg (Post 488664)
Well as far as the medic is concerned, I think the class could be simplified by getting rid of the right click function to throw med kits, getting rid of the medikit weapon that heals/infects people, and replacing it with a weapon that shoots out some sort of projectile that will heal teammates and infect/damage enemies.

Infection frisbee?